ForumsGamesWii U, how will it succeed?

15 3291
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So how do think the Wii U will succeed or what it should do to succeed?

I think it should do a tapping game just like The Last Castle, you could tell your troops where to go and stuff and it could possibly be successful. I don't know what do you think?

• 15 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I think it should do a tapping game just like The Last Castle, you could tell your troops where to go and stuff and it could possibly be successful. I don't know what do you think?

its the one with the wizard ranger and knight right? idk... this seems more of a small game. maybe put it on the wii shop.

i personally think it will succeed. there are many many people who are literally inslaved to some series and will buy consoles and games even though they are probably bad (no offence. i even consider myself one of them). and i also got to play it alittle bit and it IS fun. but i think it is more suited to party games and multiplayer with friends (not online) kind of like most mario party games.

i probably wont be able to face the temptation and get it eventually espacially for super smash brothers
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Sales are decent now but they may get worse depending on looks of PS4 and New Xbox. Also we have yet to see how will Nintendo manage to get 3rd party support for it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

its the one with the wizard ranger and knight right? idk... this seems more of a small game. maybe put it on the wii shop.

Yes that's the one but I don't mean exactly like Last Castle, just the controls.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

i personally think it will succeed. there are many many people who are literally inslaved to some series and will buy consoles and games even though they are probably bad

Yeah, that's the reason I bought my 3DS. Sure it looked like it'd be cool, but I bought it for two games: the new Paper Mario game that came out last year, and the new Fire Emblem game that's coming to the US in February. Any other games I get for it are just to be considered a bonus.

i probably wont be able to face the temptation and get it eventually espacially for super smash brothers

Probably what's gonna happen with me as well. I had heard they were gonna do a dual release for the new one on the Wii U and the 3DS, but two things. 1) I don't remember if I had credible evidence of that, and 2) console version would probably stomp the handheld version anyway, if no other reason than it has a bigger screen to view the gameplay off of.

Sales are decent now but they may get worse depending on looks of PS4 and New Xbox. Also we have yet to see how will Nintendo manage to get 3rd party support for it.

I remember hearing a little information about the "Xbox 720" a while back, but has anything been released about the PS4? I thought that was a little longer off, but I haven't checked recently, so I dunno :P
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Now you can see how it succeeded
It expensive and everybody wants it

If you think so...
http://www.vgchartz.com/
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Well, now that we know what's up with the Xbox Done, the ball's kind of in Sony's court right now. If they wind up doing most of the same stuff with the PS4 that MS is doing with the X1, Wii U wins by default just for not trying to screw its buyers over. If Sony avoids most of those pitfalls, that's probably where everyone will go.

And then Nintendo says "btw new smash bros next year" in a Nintendo Direct and suddenly the U's selling like hotcakes.

tl;dr: It'll do just fine once the games start showing up.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I have a WiiU, and in the past week, people onlline on COD BO2 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate increased by like 5000. I think people weren't totally ready for it, because of the wierd release date, but now people are buying it.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

I have a WiiU, and in the past week, people onlline on COD BO2 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate increased by like 5000. I think people weren't totally ready for it, because of the wierd release date, but now people are buying it.

Have you even looked at the link I posted? - there are current sales of all consoles
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Have you even looked at the link I posted? - there are current sales of all consoles
Could you repost it? it was broken

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Could you repost it? it was broken

[url=http://www.vgchartz.com]
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Ok sorry just rewrite it then.
[url=http://www.vgchartz.com]

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-vgchartz-isn-t-considered-reliable

I didn't look this up, it was simply in the search results.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

How will it succeed? New super smash bros was announced at e3, and they have mega man! MEGA MAN! That will be enough to sway many hardcore gamers over, along with Mario cart 8 to bring some. With a little discount during Christmas, it can get plenty of sales.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

The Wii U has Monster Hunter. 'Nuff said

T_Slice
T_Slice
42 posts
Shepherd

dont you mean how will it fail

Showing 1-15 of 15