ForumsGamesPokemon X and Y

23 8829
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

You saw the title. Nintendo has committed the inevitable act of creating Generation 6 of Pokemon...or at least they've started working on it and are going to be releasing it relatively soon. For those of you that haven't seen the news this Nintendo Direct video explains what's going on, along with a nice history of the previous games of the past for the first like 8 minutes.

So, what do you guys think? Does the new game look like it'll be a good new take on the games? Does it look too much like the old ones? Does it look not enough like the old ones? What are your opinions on generation 6 in general?

Personally, I like the 3D aspect of it, along with the improved graphics of the 3DS. It looks to me like they started designing some the characters around the newer graphics rather than creating the Pokemon and other features and later putting them into the game and creating the Black and White fiasco of (in my opinion) over-pixelization for how new the game is. I also like the X version legendary. Looks nice and normal-shaped, with a touch of the Pokemon fantasy style that Pokemon fans have grown to be unable to tear away from despite ice cream becoming Pokemon.

Anyway, enough of me ranting about where Pokemon has gone in the past, like I said before, what do you guys think?

• 23 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Erm... No. Pokerus is temporary,

actually if you put a pokemon with it in a box it lasts forever and you can give it to all your pokemon. pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too

Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but isn't Pokerus the thing that pokemon migrated over to Gen 4+ from earlier games have? If so, that's very, very easy to get. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing, though.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

actually if you put a pokemon with it in a box it lasts forever and you can give it to all your pokemon. pokerus is even more rare then shiny pokemon too.

True, but no one would actually buy it... A shiny would worth more. Its better to keep it for yourself and continue to spread the virus to your party. It doubles the EV gain your Pokemon.

So in short, Pokerus isn't as valuable as Shinies because you can spread the virus throughout the team, whereas Shinies are once and only once.

If you have black/white, I would be happy to battle you for the pokerus... haha
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

If you have black/white, I would be happy to battle you for the pokerus... haha

i do but im not a competitive player. stopped playing this game after getting the legendaries (which is what i usually do in every pokemon game). i doubt ill ever touch this game again.
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

I'm not getting X or Y... I have way too many, I have like all of them... I have too much money and time.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

The problem I have is this, are these games able to play on the older DS systems like the DS(I)?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

The problem I have is this, are these games able to play on the older DS systems like the DS(I)?

idk about the DSi since i dont own it but it wont work on the normal ds. im guessing it wont work on dsi either.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, but these games are going to be coming out on the 3DS, so they're not gonna be backwards compatible with the DS and similar handhelds. 3DS prices it looks like are *checks to make sure you're in the US* at about $170, probably gonna get knocked down again by the time Pokemon comes out.
Showing 16-23 of 23