ForumsForum GamesRiddles

368 78122
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

So, there was a thread on here a while back dedicated to riddles. Thaboss hasn't seen any new thread recently, so he's decided to start his own. Feel free to post and respond to any riddles.

Here's a classic one.

Bob hates his job. One day, while Bob is working on the 34th floor of an office building, he decides he's fed up with it. He rips open a window, and jumps through it. Although Bob is on the 34th floor, and there was nothing to stop, slow down, or cushion his fall, when he landed, he was perfectly fine. How?

• 368 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Ok, guys here is little test to show a little bit more about yourself and how you can miss important facts if shown in such a way.

During a visit to a mental asylum, one of the visitors asked the Manager what defines someone that needs to be sent to this asylum.

"It's actually quite simple," replied the Manager, "we fill up a bathtub, then afterwards we offer a glass, a spoon and a bucket."

Okay, here's your test:
1. Would you use the spoon?
2. Would you use the glass?
3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, that makes sense," said the visitor. "A normal person would definitely choose the bucket, as it is the largest of the three things."

What was the manager's response?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

"A normal man would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the door or the window?"

(Sometimes 9gag really helps solving stuff)

vungi
vungi
259 posts
Blacksmith

waht you need to do whit these things? i wanna know first

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Here, found one to post up for now til I find a better one.

"A man worked at a high security institution. The man tried to log into his computer and the computer denied the password. He then remembered that the passwords to the computers were reset every month for security reasons. He called his boss for his new password.

The man said, "Boss, my old password is out of date."

The boss said, "Yes, it is. The new password is different, but if you listen closely you will be able to figure out the new one. Your new password has the same amount of letters as the old one, and four of the letters are the same."

The man then logged into his computer with no trouble. What was the new password? What was his old?"

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Eh, here's another one just to have two going.

"Two spies want to get in an enemy's military base.In order to get in they have to give the correct countersign to the guard at the gate after he gives them the sign. So they wait hidden nearby the gate so that they will overhear the countersign from another soldier.

One soldier comes and the guard gives the sign: "6".The soldier answers "3".The guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes.The guard says "12" and the soldier gives the answer "6".The guard lets him pass. So, the first spy goes at the gate and the guard asks says "10".The spy, sure that he knew the answer as he was, says "5". Immediately, the guard shoots him dead.

Then the other spy, who saw that the other spy was killed when he gave the countersign, had now understood what the right answer would be, whatever the guard's sign was.So, he walks to the gate and the guard says "8".The spy gives the correct answer and the guard lets him in. What was the answer that the spy gave?"

Not too bad, but I figure a riddle is a riddle. Found a website with some riddles to try and tide us over til the riddle of all riddles is unleashed.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I know the answer to the second riddle: it's 5, because that's how many letters 8 has. I'm actually really proud of myself for getting that.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Ha good, what about the first one? I wish the riddles on the site I'm looking at ranked the riddles by difficulty instead of rating since I can't seem to find a very hard one.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Hmmm,

So the old password is out of date and the new one is different.

Very strange indeed....

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Is it strange? Or does it make perfect sense? :P

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Hey, I thought I already answered the riddle.

Yes, you are right Matt. The old password is literally "outofdate" and the new one is of course "different".

I was hoping you'd get my hint dragon.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I couldn't be too sure leo, wanted to make sure so I didn't just give you the answer if you were still thinking. Yep, the old password is outofdate and the new password is different. Good job to both leo and Matt.

New one:

"A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?"

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

He was walking..him being a bus driver is just his title. It doesn't state he was actually performing his job

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

He wasn't actually driving a bus at the time.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

No he posted two minutes before me, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Yeppers. Still trying to find where the hard ones are on this website, but there might not be any.

Another one to tide you over.

"I am the center of gravity, hold a capital situation in Vienna, and as I am foremost in every victory, am allowed by all to be invaluable. Though I am invisible, I am clearly seen in the midst of a river. I could name three who are in love with me and have three associates in vice. It is vain that you seek me for I have long been in heaven yet even now lie embalmed in the grave. What am I?"

Showing 121-135 of 368