ForumsNews and Feedback[REDIRECT] Rankings

7 3361
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Is there going to be any ranking system at all? Like a certain amount of points you earn for completeing a quest, and then it all piled up for example? I just think it's kinda odd to have no &quotoints" whatsoever... :/

• 7 Replies
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I agree, i've been stressing this as well. I would like some kind of point system, to decipher good users from less experienced. The only problem is everyone does that. Xbox and Playstation have awards (trophies/gamerscore) for mastering games. AG was original before because they were the only gaming site or network that awarded people for helping out, giving feedback, being kind, etc. It's going to be a real different tone around here with Quests and possibly Quest Points. Its going to inspire new account holders to go be the best, beat all games, instead of taking there time, seeing whats good, whats bad, giving some feedback, etc. I liked AP better. People say it caused spam, i say it caused the most helpful gaming community in the world. So I dont even know if i would want a new point system, but hey, thats just my opinion. I know a LOT of people would like Quest Points.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

maybe we should do rankings for comments and forum posts!!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's currently being discussed here. I think Ferret mentioned that if enough users post why they liked points/ranks and why it should be back he'll pass on the feedback.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Well if I remember correctly they, used to anyway, have plans to have two types of AP, one for quests and one for he normal stuff. And in that system comments could be up or down voted to make said commenter gain order points depending on the votes.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well if I remember correctly they, used to anyway, have plans to have two types of AP, one for quests and one for he normal stuff. And in that system comments could be up or down voted to make said commenter gain order points depending on the votes.

The original idea was to have a points and rank system for achievements/quests, and a reputation system for the forums and game comments. Reputation being others being able to up/down vote things.
NOFMAF
NOFMAF
60 posts
Treasurer

think that AG should combine quests with ranks. Because There aren't many quests and there are very little games in which you can earn them. Ranks are not easier to earn, maybe they are, but still, quests make players play few games cause we all want to complete quests. So bring the ranks back and keep quests, but make more of them!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

All the things you suggested NOFMAF, will probably (don't quote me on that) be thought up and created in some form or another. Increasing the number of Quests is something you can count on, even bet money if you want, but the rankings is something that is not as important as getting the Quests running smoothly and with increased numbers now.

Since this is a suggestion and/or feedback on the new system, please redirect all your thoughts on this to the Official Quest Feedback Thread, ok? Thank you! =)

Showing 1-7 of 7