ForumsWEPR6 Year Olds Waving Around Hand Guns In School!

37 20939
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Two 6 year old boys were recently suspended from a school in Maryland for waiving around handguns during recess. This was not the first time children have been suspended for possessing handguns. Earlier in the year, one 6 year old was suspended after firing two shots from a handgun. Luckily, no one was harmed during any of these incidences.

Link

• 37 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

can we throw away the agrument of "all people whit guns are responsible people"
and doesn't this just again show the risks of having guns around everywhere?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Might want to check the link out.

I couldn't help myself.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

At least they said they would try and reduce the number of suspensions. Sheesh.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

nice that you remove it freak.

i will try to say it in a longer way that i think the article is about crazy people and that it made me laugh out loud.

how is this? any better? basically it say's the same but only takes 10 times longer to read.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I don't think that a 6 year old understands the link between playing cops and robbers, and actual cops shooting robbers. To them it's a game. Which may be a problem at a later date if they keep that mindset of guns being toys, but for right now, they're 6. It's a complete overreaction to suspend them for playing a game, any decent recess monitor or teacher would have either ignored it or gotten them to play a different game after telling them that pretending to shoot others isn't nice and that they shouldn't do that.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It's a complete overreaction to suspend them for playing a game, any decent recess monitor or teacher would have either ignored it or gotten them to play a different game after telling them that pretending to shoot others isn't nice and that they shouldn't do that.

If a teacher stopped children from pretend shooting each other, I'd go as far as to say that the teacher is still over reacting (though, to a far lesser extent than suspension).

I see no problem with pretend shooting, and I doubt it has much of a mental impact on the child when they grow older. If a kid has an unhealthy obsession with guns and they see little value in life, I'm willing to bet the parents screwed up somewhere else along the line.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Don't worry about it, I'm sure after this news article Obama will push for legislation banning assault fingers. Then we'll be safe.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm sure after this news article Obama will push for legislation banning assault fingers. Then we'll be safe.

Come on man..my friend was killed by an assault finger

If a kid has an unhealthy obsession with guns and they see little value in life, I'm willing to bet the parents screwed up somewhere else along the line.
[quote]

Or the kid could just be psychologically effed up.

---

Also..love the part where it has a quote about how a parent appreciates what the school did and all...then states how other parents agrees and the following quote says how it was harsh of them XD
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Come on man..my friend was killed by an assault finger
Never mind that, what about the people with the fully automatic fingers?

Two 6 year old boys were recently suspended from a school in Maryland for waiving around handguns during recess. This was not the first time children have been suspended for possessing handguns. Earlier in the year, one 6 year old was suspended after firing two shots from a handgun. Luckily, no one was harmed during any of these incidences.
I honestly have to say I thought you were serious, so I was wondering what was wrong with the parents giving their children weapons, then I read the link.

funny thing is, the shrink, Dr. Kaine, said that their was nothing wrong with it, then two lines later said they deserved to be suspended.

And I don't think their is a single (usually male) kid that doesn't at one point pretend they have a gun in play.

~~~Darth Caedus
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Lol!
Trying to get a rise out of people eh?

This story is just classic overreaction by school administrators who are afraid of lawsuits. Same things happens after every high profile sexual assault/harassment case where kids end up getting suspended for blowing kisses or something silly.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Lol!
Trying to get a rise out of people eh?

Sometimes you just need to have a little fun. : )
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1677831808/i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama_2_.png

Seriously. Why does this crap even happen?

I'd be more concerned if the boys had never in their life pointed their 9mm fingers and shot something.

I'd be filing a lawsuit within seconds.

redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

How many of you own a gun or use one? Just wondering. And the guns you use on video games don't count btw

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

How many of you own a gun or use one? Just wondering.

I have a gun. Haven't shot it in a bit because of money, but yeah. My family owns some pretty decent firepower. Beyond that, friends of the family have enough firepower to arm a militia.

We have two shotguns, two .22LR rifles, a .22LR pistol, my Mosin Nagant, a .357 magnum, a 9mm pistol, a .38 special on the way (a couple weeks until layaway is paid off), and my step father is looking into a .460 magnum revolver. Once I get a job I'll be financing a Remington 700, and once the supply becomes available (This gun law BS has literally emptied everything of everything. The gun industry thanks you.), I'll be financing an AR10 in .308 or .243, possibly an AR15 but I don't much like .223 Remington. Not much effect on target downrange, and not accurate in general beyond 400 yards.

I've shot most of them (9mm is new, only a magazine or two ran through, and our 12 gauge is only occasionally test fire).

I'm not even going to go into the firepower of friends of the family, but I can tell you this: It's more than adequate.

And come to think of it, I don't think any of us have ever gone a shooting spree. Go figure. I've been around this since I was 4 (when I got my first pellet rifle), and I'd reckon I'm a fairly sane individual.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

How many of you own a gun or use one? Just wondering.

.22 LR, .22 revolver, airsoft pistol (looks sorta like a glock), red rider bb gun (no I didn't shoot my eye out), and an 1853 Enfield rifled musket (for civil war reenactments). I have shot all but the the Enfield (moved before I was old enough to participate in the battles), and the airsoft is horrible.

I am also in the sharpshooter club, and when wrestling is over I intend to go to as many pistol and archery shootings that I can. (using .22's in one, genesis bows in the other, and I might sign up for SPP (scholastic pistol program), which uses 9mm)

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 1-15 of 37