ForumsThe TavernGuns

27 6899
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

This is just about guns in general no particulars you can talk about all kind of gun stuff.

• 27 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

It takes time to get another 5-6 shots reloaded.Bolt action. While it is true that some people are extremely fast at working the bolt, it has a extremely long reload.

I don't quite get what you're saying. Yeah, it takes longer to load and fire shotguns, bolt-action rifles and level-action weapons. And revolvers, by the way. You only get 6, even if it is semi-automatic, and it takes much longer than a semiautomatic magazine-fed pistol.

So, are you saying you think those weapons are okay, but assault rifles aren't? Or are you saying all guns are bad because they CAN be reloaded? I'm just kind of confused. It would be easier to stop someone if they had a shotgun or a lever-action, I suppose, because they'd have to conserve ammunition, and you'd have to be pretty stupid to try to attempt a public shooting with a bolt-action rifle.

Amusing fact about the lever-action. You said they only hold 5 or 6? My dad has a .22 lever action that holds 15 rounds. Then again, .22 is a very poor choice of weapon for killing anything bigger than a soda can.

It is much easier to either get to safety or subdue the assailant if they are busy reloading. Instead of them coming in guns a blazing with a short reload time. Killersup never once said that assault rifles are bad, it is just that if any kind of gun were to be taken away, he would hope it to be the assault rifle.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I think guns are pretty cowardly I think if your going to kill someone you should do it up close and see exactly what you are doing to someone I think it would put a lot of people off going to war and killing people because they don't see the real impact they are having if you want to do something bad to someone you do it the honourable way 1 on 1 face to face in a fair fight.

I think the only reason anyone should use guns is as a target practice weapon or to hunt for food or simply decoration not for sport or war I say people should man up and fight like we use to hand to hand.

Good for you, I take Aikido lessons and own a bokken, or wooden katana. Just because I own something does not mean I am cowardly or ignorant of the old methods of fighting.
You think my gun has scratches on it, little five-sets of all the people I have killed? No, because it hasn't killed anyone in my service.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

They don't ski and shoot. I live in Sweden, one of the countries that is known for doing the biathlon. They shoot after skiing for a while, so they have to go from racing around in the snow to carefully aiming right after stopping, then going again.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Guns are less fun when you have to carrie it around all day long, poop shower and it with it.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Guns are less fun when you have to carrie it around all day long, poop shower and it with it.

Mate, this aint' the place to talk about your dislike for guns. Try the Gun Control in the US thread.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Dude, im walking around with a M-16. Im a Private in the army. This responsebility and fear from losing it are hard.
But i wont lie to you, i feel much more safe and proud.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I saw a video in the history channel that show finnish skitroopers shot while ski. Not in max speed but while moving. Some of them got shot down but it did look effective

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The only guns I prefer shooting are the ones in video games, preferably flash based games. Real guns are terrible. Not even cool to look at. My two cents worth... =(

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Not the best sniper team in history.

'Merica has some nice snipas.
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

The only guns I prefer shooting are the ones in video games, preferably flash based games. Real guns are terrible. Not even cool to look at.

How so? Guns are a marvalous advance in technology. I play games like CoD, so if I had the choice to shoot a G36C, I would say yes instantly.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

if I had the choice to shoot a G36C, I would say yes instantly.

Thank the G36 is a lovely weapon and is proudly produced by my favorite company H&K and by the way I should have mentioned please stear clear of gun politicals it ruins the atmosphere
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

please stear clear of gun politicals it ruins the atmosphere

Gun politics? Like arguing over favorite firearms?
Showing 16-27 of 27