ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29837
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Can i play as viking raider ?

How about a Pict, mysterious people in north Britain
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

One note first, Nerdsoft's armor should be lowered to 10/10 since he doesn't have the +20 armor that I have

Name: Pyrs Dunlap
Physical Desc.: Blonde, solidly built, scar under eye on left cheek
Trait: Solid build: 10 extra HP
Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
Perk: Mental/physical training: you gain a passive armor bonus of 20
---------
Misc.: Sketch of Toren done by Pyrs, Family Ring, Flask
Shillingas: 50
---------
Health: 100/110
Armor Durability: 30/30
Condition: Gash on right arm
--------

I'll try for the villagers, hoping to have as many come with me as I can, and I'll arm all of them when they join. I'll then spend the night and leave that next morning with the villagers in tow.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
---------
---------
--------

whoops >_>

anywho let me roll, 5 villagers agree to come with you.

-15 Shillingas

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Are the villagers added to my party count and/or troops? Also, what are they armed with?

---------
---------
--------

After waking up the next morning, struggling to fall asleep the night before, but then eventually succumbing to the peace, I take my villagers and head out towards the nearest major city to gather some information, possibly about the Picts, but just any information about potential quests and such.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc.: Tall,Black Hair,Average build,Various tattoos on body and face
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
Perk: from above, i make
---------
---------
--------

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------
Party:6/6
Troops: You, 5 Gebur Jutes (Peasants clothing, pitchforks, clubs.)

as you head to the next town, but in between you pass by a thin wooded area on the "road", a small group (about 5) Unrights and rogue Villeins rush towards you, stopping you

"We're here for your purse...and your belongings... and anything else you may have on you right now."

Physical Desc.: Tall,Red Hair,Average build,Various tattoos on body and face
Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
Perk: Pictish Raider: you are skilled at throwing weapons
---------
---------
--------

You are in a small Cait village, late in the day you see villagers running down the roads, screaming something about bandits, further past them you see men on horses galloping towards the village

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
---------
---------
--------

Take out my weapon and look for some rock on the ground,try to see are they carrying any weapons

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

a rock won't help, but judging from the reactions of the villagers, i'm gonna say yeah

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I thought to take rock and since i am good at throwing stuff try to hit one of them in head when they close enough can i do that?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

you can try, but for a rock, on a fast moving target, chances are slim

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I try..take rock and aim for raider head and immediately after that take my sword and try to kill enemy horse by hitting horse leg

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

Before making a decision on fight or flight, I take a moment to quickly scan the five enemies before me, making note of their weapons and armor. After acquiring this information I will act.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

still far away...

---------
---------
--------

being poor, they carry similar Seaxes, clubs, some only wearing baggy breeches, the lead is wearing a leather jerkin and a leather coif, and has a hatchet at his belt.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Wait for them to get closer so i can rech one of them with a rock and try to kill enemy horse by hitting horse leg when they get even closer

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

you can try to hit someone riding a horse at full gallop, and try to kill a horse at full gallop with a knife if you want

Showing 31-45 of 185