ForumsWEPREthanol- Is it worth it?

19 4101
jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

Ethanol may be a new source of fuel, but is it worth all the pollution and food price increases?

• 19 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

At least one thing that I know about ethanol that it is highly flammable. It can go WHOOSH! Then it could burn burn burn....

I think Hybrid Cars are the way to go...

KingRyan

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

even though it's cheaper it will eventualy fail so we are going to need a multitude of fuels to keep us going which is why investing into interplanetary travel is a good idea in my mind

xFACERIPx
xFACERIPx
39 posts
Nomad

ethanol isn't a very bright idea. it will drive up the cost of everything. it directly drives up the cost of corn, obviously. but there are many other things that this country and the rest of the world depend on corn for. corn is used in most of the feed for most kinds of livestock, mainly cows. if the cost to feed cows goes up, then the cost of beef goes up. basically the cost of any farm animal byproduct will shoot through the roof. hybrids are cool but, there are many downsides to them as there are with many things. did you know that to replace a hybrid battery(which lasts only a little bit longer than a regular car battery) it costs $10,000?

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Well, it is kind of costly and very pollutive. So, I think that it is not worth it. And plus, if you take our corn for gas, then what will we replace corn in for food.

Showing 16-19 of 19