ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Do we retain the copyright of games we submit?

4 2182
ashton1993
ashton1993
2 posts
Nomad

Hello, I searched through the terms and and conditions as well as the help page though I couldn't find information pertaining to content uploaded by users. What rights are am I giving ArmorGames when I submit content? Are you free to re-distribute my work or build upon it? Am I free to distribute my content to other websites after submitting a game here?

Cheers,
Ashton

• 4 Replies
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I think, seeing what John and other game creators have done, I think you can post your game on other websites because it is your game. Though, if you first post the game on this website, and I believe AG will say "game Produced by Armor Games" at the beginning of the game, but anyways, don't take my word for it, you should check with Ferret or Gantic or another Admin.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

As far as I know, you do... only seems reasonable! But I'll forward it to Ferret so he can have a look, just in case, ok? =)

ashton1993
ashton1993
2 posts
Nomad

Thanks to all for the helpful replies and thanks to MrDayCee for forwarding my message, 'tis appreciated. =)

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Official answer: You retain all rights to your game. Anything you submit to us will only be used to be added to Armor; we won't redistribute it or claim any ownership of it.

In reality, if you upload a game through /submit and don't tell someone about it (likely me)... it's 99.99% likely to never be touched. Basically every game we add is a game where we've spoken directly with the developer, requested that we want the game on Armor, and worked with the developer to get the game onto Armor.

Also, you should only upload games through /submit that YOU own the copyright to. Don't be uploading other people's games... it creates problems for us from time to time (small ones, but still.).

If you have any other questions concerning getting a game you made onto Armor, you can email me directly at tasselfoot@armorgames.com. I will be completely honest with you about your game.

-Tass

Showing 1-4 of 4