ForumsSupport ForumQuick question

13 2537
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I've been experiencing this issue for a while. Though it's not a big problem, I'm a bit curious about it and I've decided to ask it here. Can anybody tell me why some armatars (not all of them, just a few) don't show up properly?

Random example:

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/dfaf_zpsc53fcf49.jpg

By the way, I use Firefox. I switched to IE, but those few armatars don't show up at all. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• 13 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It could be the page not loading properly, a refresh or hard refresh should fix it. I'm on Chrome and occasionally when I click on threads I'll just get a white page and other times armatars won't fully load, but what I mentioned fixes it for me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What did you do to my armatar?!?!?! (O.O)

I think it is exactly what GOM states... the page doesn't load properly. When the server doesn't respond in the middle of the loading sequence, the page is cut in half when the sequence is stopped. Hence my 'semi-atar' I think. =)

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

What did you do to my armatar?!?!?! (O.O)

I didn't do anything, I swear

As I'm not an expert on computers, I have to ask this: how many times do I have to hard refresh? I've done that... let's say 10 times in a row and this issue isn't fixed.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm not a professional computer buff either, but I believe it has to do something with the connection between your computer and the server... (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) ...they are exchanging data and when -for whatever reason- the exchange is stopped, the page will stop loading to it's full extend, but the browser says it has finished loading the page. Did you clear your browser cache to see if it helped? =)

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

No, I haven't tried to clear the cache. Once I figure out how to do it (I'm so glad that Google exists :P), I'll let you know if it works or not.

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

I would recommend just kicking your computer several times to get it to work.

Randomness is the way forward

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

OK, I think I've managed to understand how to clear the cache. Well, sort of. Actually, I set Firefox to automatically clear the cache when it closes. I'm afraid it didn't fix the problem, though.

Thanks a lot for the help, but I start to think that I'm destined to not see whole armatars for the rest of my AG life...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It happened to me before but I was fine after a couple months.

I start to think that I'm destined to not see whole armatars for the rest of my AG life...

That's the spirit.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Maybe there is another way to check. Have you tried clearing the cache for the IE browser as well? And if you have the means to check on Chrome, we can really know for sure. =)

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

That's the spirit.

My pessimist twin completely agrees with you :P

Ok, I tried to do a few more tests.
- I cleared the cache for IE and the problem wasn't solved.
- I installed Google Chrome and, as with IE, those armatars don't show up at all.
- Then the paranoia started and I decided to connect a different computer to the same router. Just to check. The armatars show up properly on Firefox and IE.

Does this mean there is a problem with my computer? Just for your information, this issue started around November (I think). I had to format my computer a month ago and I assumed this issue would be fixed, but it didn't. Besides, it only happens here and I haven't experienced it on other websites. So any more ideas?
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Forget about this issue. I've just noticed that it's fixed now. A bit strange because I haven't done anything else... Anyway, thanks for the help

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Case closed! :P

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Though the problem is gone, it's due to your ISP having an inconsistent download rate. That's it. Nothing you can control.

Showing 1-13 of 13