ForumsPopular MediaThe TV show battle

49 20577
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

So, this is kinda gonna hopefully be like battle of the Brands except instead of brands it is tv shows. For this week, it should be

The Voice
-or-
American Idol

• 49 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I haven't watched any of them. But my vote goes to Walking Dead just because I've seen it around TV alot more than Mad Men.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I really don't like either. The judges can't make music themselves. I suppose The Voice is better.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Walking dead. Mad Men is boring to me.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Definitely The Walking Dead for me. Didn't get into the show until it was starting its second season, but I sat down and watched the first season, and thought it was awesome. I like the aversion from calling them zombies, for one. Makes it a little different. Plus the plot and characters are all fairly refreshing.

Mad men..eh never really got into it. Watched an episode, said "I might watch this later," watched anime instead. xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Now I'm 100% sure that it has been a month.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Walking Dead because zombies make any show awesome.

Hey, they might be cliche, but they still kick ***.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I'm so addicted to the WD.
Such a good show. And the story and the picture is like 68% dark chocolate to my eyes.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I do not watch either of them. Therefore I have no vote.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I've only seen The Walking Dead once and it was kinda weird. But I haven't seen Mad Men so my vote is The Walking Dead

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

The Walking Dead

Whats mad men? I never heard of it

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Whats mad men? I never heard of it

It's only one of the best things on TV right now, next to Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Homeland. It's a drama about an advertising agency in the 60's, which is a point of view from which to depict and break down the entire social context of that era. Plus it's just really well written and Jon Hamm as Don Draper is one of the best leading men in current TV.

Also, according to Wikipedia, it's "the first and only basic cable series to win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series", which it did four times.

So in short, a much better show than The Walking Dead.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

And Louie. Louie is also amazing.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

hmm.. Lets see... Next will be.... (so many ...'s, XD.)
The Mentalist
or
Once Upon a Time

two totally different shows... Both my favorite shows though, and some of you might not have heard of them

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Heard of both but I don't watch either. Having to go based on which one I would probably watch if I was forced to choose I would have to go with Once Upon a Time. Shows like the Mentalist are just not that interesting to me. Also Once Upon a Time looks like it could be OK. I watch too much TV already though.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I have seen one episode of The Mentalist, and every episode of Once Upon a Time. So it's seems pretty clear to me which to vote for. The second season has been much better then the first. I vote for Once Upon a Time.

Showing 16-30 of 49