ForumsForum GamesThe Modern Gladiators

133 20292
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

This takes place in Modern times (2050) where a private company kidnaps people, gives them a survival pack with food, water and a pistol of their choice then films it all for people who subscribe to watch. then drops them into a giant sprawling city in the middle of nowhere to fight to the death with others. and YOU have been chosen. The city itself is a mega city in the Gobi Desert, with climate control and every terrain imaginable, though mostly urban.

Now you start off small but if you please the crowd you'll be given or may even find more

Name:
Physical Desc.: at least 3
Personality: at least 3
Trait: from the above 2
Bio: at least 6 sentences, optional
Perk:from the above
----------
Weapon: No desert eagles or the like please, a pistol
Armor: Just regular clothes you'd have
Misc.: add 5 here, no weapons
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 0/0
Condition: Fine, Hungry

• 133 Replies
greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

Name: Mason Smythe
Physical Desc.: about 6'2, lanky but fit, black hair, hazel eyes
Personality: Very patient, an extreme introvert, often plans ahead
Trait:Quiet and calculating: you can detect people by vision, and make out finer details easier
Bio: Born in Detroit, Mason learned from a young age to always carry a knife, and to always have a gun. He worked hard through high school, trying to get a scholarship for Universtiy (he wanted to be a doctor). Falling flat, he was working part-time at a gun shop and taking Structural Engineering.
Perk you can easily tell if a building is primed for destruction or trapped, and destroy a building yourself
----------
Weapon: Jericho 941 [10/60]
Armor: Jeans, T-shirt, sweatshirt,
Misc.: Flashlight, Pocketknife, pocket aid-kit, Pocket-watch, laser-pointer, Canned Vegetables (3), Candy Bars (1)
Condition: Fine, Hungry

I go search the restaurant now that it's light, but I do it with my gun in hand. I eat the other candy bar on my way there.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Trait:Quiet and calculating: you can detect people by vision, and make out finer details easier
Bio: Born in Detroit, Mason learned from a young age to always carry a knife, and to always have a gun. He worked hard through high school, trying to get a scholarship for Universtiy (he wanted to be a doctor). Falling flat, he was working part-time at a gun shop and taking Structural Engineering.
Perk you can easily tell if a building is primed for destruction or trapped, and destroy a building yourself
----------
Misc.: Flashlight, Pocketknife, pocket aid-kit, Pocket-watch, laser-pointer, Canned Vegetables (3),
Condition: Fine

You go inside, yet another alerting tone, again the dining floor is clear of any debris or cover

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

----------
Misc.: Flashlight, Pocketknife, pocket aid-kit, Pocket-watch, laser-pointer, Canned Vegetables (3),

I search thoroughly for anything that could possibly harm me in any way in the building.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------

you find knives, forks, all the things you can see in the kitchen, otherwise no not really

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

----------

I take the knives and any sharpeners and I try to find the origins of the mysterious beeping noise.

I'm logging off, just JIC you wanted to know.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
Misc.: Flashlight, Pocketknife, pocket aid-kit, Pocket-watch, laser-pointer, Canned Vegetables (3), 10 knives, 3 sharpeners

it's not mysterious, it's the door thing, every shop has one to detect new customers, like an electronic bell o nteh door

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

----------
Misc.: Flashlight, Pocketknife, pocket aid-kit, Pocket-watch, laser-pointer, Canned Vegetables (3), 10 knives, 3 sharpeners

No, they have little hanging bells that chime. Who ever heard of beeping doors?

I move all my stuff into the restaurant and barricade any door other the main front and the kitchen exit.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------

you've obviously never been to a modern restaurant, they have sensors on the doors, that beep when you walk by

it has multiple floors jsyk

i'll be gone till sunday

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

----------

Thanks for insult my country, no restaurant in Canada uses beeps like that unless it's a chain.

I know it's a multiplex, I'm barricading the windows for safety, I also draw the curtains to hide the barricades a bit, and I try to rig the sensor so it can be heard throughout the whole building, and will beep continually until I shut it off.

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I checked all the floors, that was implied.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Physical Desc.: red hair, grey eyes, spade like face.
Personality:eccentric, easily amused, has a hard time taking life seriously .
Trait: Never bored: you have an amazing ability to never let your senses go slack, you can detect people easier
Bio: none
Perk: none
----------
Weapon: USP
Armor: Business suit, cowboy boots.
Misc.: broken stapler, dried up glue stick, eel skin mask, chunk of pumice bread, spare button.

I'm going to move deeper into the room, ready to throw junk food at anything that moves suddenly.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Markus Almeheir
Physical Desc.: Short black spiky hair, Pale (perhaphs now slightly sunburnt) skin, lightly freckled. Bright blue eyes, 5' 4'', Immensely thin, not very broad shoulders, resulting in an almost epicene (genderless) silhoute.
Personality: Dark, vengeful, ambitious, Critical although Hasty at times.
Bio: Achiles was born in Ireland, had an average education, he has found himself knowledgeable in physics and astronomy to a degree from free-time studying and has attempted to a small degree to become fluent in French and Latin, raised knowing English primarily and Gaelic secondarily.
Despite his seriousness Achiles enjoys quoting or in some way speaking in another language even if he is sure the person he is talking too could only guess his meaning. Achiles is an able swimmer.
----------
Weapon: Harmonica Pistol
Armor: Grey jeans, black long sleeve shirt (will inclued a picture of the icon on the front next post, hopefully), Tophat, Crimson scarf, Black shoes several sized too small.
Misc.: Latin dictionary, French for beginners, Journal, Pencil, Eraser
Condition: Fine, Hungry, (sunburnt)

(Note: to Greenpeople, I had considered the name Mason

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------

you need to state this...

anywho you walk upstairs, and through a wide series of windows, making up a scenic but open view of the streets below, you see a team of three men sweeping through the street, they seem to be heading for the restaurant

Physical Desc.: red hair, grey eyes, spade like face.
Personality:eccentric, easily amused, has a hard time taking life seriously .
Trait: Never bored: you have an amazing ability to never let your senses go slack, you can detect people easier
Bio: none
Perk: none
----------
Weapon: USP
Armor: Business suit, cowboy boots.
Misc.: broken stapler, dried up glue stick, eel skin mask, chunk of pumice bread, spare button.

that's not gonna do anything.

you move upstairs, and hear the footsteps, this time above you again, it seems whoever that is, is moving to the top of the building

Name: Markus Almeheir
Physical Desc.: Short black spiky hair, Pale (perhaphs now slightly sunburnt) skin, lightly freckled. Bright blue eyes, 5' 4'', Immensely thin, not very broad shoulders, resulting in an almost epicene (genderless) silhoute.
Personality: Dark, vengeful, ambitious, Critical although Hasty at times.
Bio: Achiles was born in Ireland, had an average education, he has found himself knowledgeable in physics and astronomy to a degree from free-time studying and has attempted to a small degree to become fluent in French and Latin, raised knowing English primarily and Gaelic secondarily.
Despite his seriousness Achiles enjoys quoting or in some way speaking in another language even if he is sure the person he is talking too could only guess his meaning. Achiles is an able swimmer.
----------
Weapon: Harmonica Pistol
Armor: Grey jeans, black long sleeve shirt (will inclued a picture of the icon on the front next post, hopefully), Tophat, Crimson scarf, Black shoes several sized too small.
Misc.: Latin dictionary, French for beginners, Journal, Pencil, Eraser
'

you sure you want a very antiquated gun?
Condition: Fine, Hungry, (sunburnt)

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

----------

It was implied!

I look for a roof access thingy, if I can find one then I run down and take the back exit.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------

specifics are always better

there isn't a fire escape

Showing 46-60 of 133