ForumsForum GamesFaith Wars: Dark Trinity (A Story-Based RP)

22 4400
Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

-by Srillian Productions-

The world has many secrets; but none other like the Legend of the Dark Trinity. Held by the three Quadra-Essences, the Dark Trinity is the key to the ancient God-Realm, the Phantom Hex. Those who enter the Phantom Hex are rumored to have been gifted with limitless power, for they can freely enter the six God-Realms. In a desperate search for the Dark Trinity, many priests from all around the world, gather around in a grand hustle for the sacred artifact. Only one will be worthy for such power. However, as the war still progresses for 600 years, not a single priest has been able to get a lead on the artifact's whereabouts. However, with your arrival, that balance will hopefully change...The next state of the Faith Wars will begin now.

"May the Gods be worshiped and the priests blessed; although lives may be forfeit, their fate will remain...oh holy father, please guide me so that i may stand by your side."

• 22 Replies
Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Rules:

as a "Story-Based RP" this RP does not depend heavily on statistics, but rather on action, speech, and thoughts. In this RP, you are first to create your character. In this era of time, the culture would very much resemble medieval cultures; but to be more specific, i would pretty much keep this at "Final Fantasy" era or Warcraft. As a person who is against creations that are forged by individual companies, I implore you to not resort to mindsets created by other games or books; (elves, orcs, goblins, dwarves, necromorphs, nord). To back up my lore, I would rather use figures of real-life mythology (any nationality since it is a diverse world) Please decide your statistics using the block below:

I will not accept vulgarity when making names. To respect the flow of the RP, please takes names seriously. Plus, Please be Original!

First Name: just make it up yourselves*
Last Name: just make it up yourselves*

I will mostly assume that your character is a human being. So at that case, any abnormalities in certain statistics, i will expect a backed-up explanation for such abnormalities.

Gender: Male or Female (if you really want (-_-) you can be an it)

Race: Although this part seems very troublesome, Human is the most generic; if you want your character to be of a different race or have your human character be an augment (werewolf, vampire, lich, mutant), Private Message me if need be; i will find the best way to think of a match. Another thing, since this idea is still fairly young, it is very open to suggestions from your own imagination; feel free to PM me.

Age: I will accept any age that is able to fight. I will automatically assume that your character also "appears" this age unless you give an explanation such as having immortal age or fast growth; at that case, also provide an appearance age. Also, if you follow the above criteria of being an abnormality, provide back-up explanations so i can decide for myself.

Appearance: in this section, provide the most detail you can about your character's appearance. This includes, Height, Weight, Hair Color, Skin Color (notice "Black" does not mean African in this RP), Eye Color, Hair Style, General Fitness (Fat, Skinny, Middle), Usual Attire, and the like. If your character has an interesting feature, please let us know. If you are feeling lazy, you can just describe your character in reference to another game character if you want.

Personality: Even though this segment will be revealed within the RP itself, it would be a good thing to know how your character usually acts, what they like or dislike, etc. I will also look at your character's history block (below) and take into account the events in the past to your character. I will respect vague descriptions such as "shy", "determined", "tsundere", &quotaranoid", "narcissistic"

History: In this block, you will be able to make up your own character's back-story. In this block, I expect to learn a few tidbits about your character's family, any life-shocking events, and motivations to becoming what they are in this current RP.

The next few blocks will refer to more how what your character is capable of, or what type of person they chose to be.

Role: In the following segment, the word "Role" refers to a "Class" or "Occupation". For the purpose of the RP itself, i will provide that the generic "Class" is the Priest. Priests in this RP are not to be confused with local church-doers but rather Warriors of God (of any lore; you can make one up as well); whether they are gifted with physical strength, magic forms, or pure cunning and agility. Chances are, most RPers will be priests just so your capabilities are maximized as far as serving in the RP. In Roles, you can also describe any official professions they took up. (Labor, Military, Scholarly).

Abilities: As for this next part, your character can have a certain talent that is abnormal from most others. This abnormality should be an augment, or innate trait; not a trait that is inherited by what your character has learned or taught. Just to keep it balanced, PLEASE do not try to overpower your character with ridiculously powerful abilities. I understand that it is a protagonist's job to be powerful, but in an RPG in particular, no point in playing if you are not going to improve. In the real world, you cannot grow without sense of loss. Most abilities in this case are innate and would have not required any training to use. Examples being Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Faster Regeneration, Feeling no Pain, Made of Stone, etc.

In the next post i put up, i will provide you with fundamentals of class and character such as the 9 Priest Classes, 6 God-Realms, multiple known factions, creating your own god, known races, and history on this "world". Please also read the next post before creating your character.

(Please,,,Keep your character REASONABLE) although i will let you be creative with your character, anything over the top, such as too old of an age, or straight out "Overpoweredness" i will not accept)

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

In this next section, i will help you decide how to fully decide what your character can do as far as serving in this RP. This one post will provide you with all the options such as choosing your faction, choosing your class, creating your god, and also help develop your character's history.

In the Priesthood (which you are "expected" to join), there are 9 specialized classes that you can take up in. These classes can be made into your own but the classes are used as a general parameter or template to help you decide your character's abilities. For the most part, Priests are disciples of their Patron God (which you can make up). In real, your powers are mostly supplied by your God. Since there are infinite amounts of gods, each God would be given a certain specialty as they do with Greek Mythology. For that, the god you serve usually decides what class you are part of. In the Priesthood, the common form of essence is Faith.

9 Classes of Priests:

Necromancy:Necromancy is the art of controlling not only death but life as well. Although it can apply, Necromancers are not expected to be able to control armies of skeletons or zombies or necessarily have "dark" powers as they are in typical lores. In this case, Necromancers are mostly any priests who has the ability to directly influence the life of things; such as bringing back people to life, inflicting damage on to life essence, curing life essence, giving life to an inanimate object, etc. Overall, this class is recommended if you want to be a "healer", "army creator" or "inflicter" of some sorts.

Alchemy:Alchemy is the art of changing an object's structural makeup. Alchemists can usually use this art to modify an object's structure, formulate certain energies in the air, change certain chemicals in a substance, or even perform telekinesis, etc.. This class is recommended if you want to be a "strengthener", &quotrotector", or "saboteur" of some sorts.

Redemption:Redemption is the art of counter-spell. Redeemers are usually immune to most types of seals or curses. They are usually those who can reject certain events such as obtaining a wound, or being cursed and mostly reverse its effects. This class is recommended if you want to be a "vanguard", "meat shield", or "healer" of some sorts.

Prayer: Prayer is the art of fate and blessing from faith. Templars are mostly specialized for most defensive magics. Unlike Alchemists, their protective spells are more directly provided by Gods rather than by changing the material world. Templars can often summon shields, heal wounds, protect one from certain events, etc. This class is recommended if you want to be a &quotrotector" or a "healer" of some sorts.

Zealotry: Zealotry is the art of battle. Zealots are mostly so fanatic to the point they are meant to fight others in battle. Zealots are users of the most simple of offensive magics that utilize pure faith in form of energy into the material world. Mostly, they can summon energy bolts or infuse their energy into weapons, etc.. This class is recommended if you want to be a "soldier" of some sorts.

Mysticism: Mysticism is the art of illusion and altering physics. Mystics are often gifted with the art of changing how the "world" perceives things; therefore, making it seem realistic. Mystic powers can vary from creating hallucinations, defying certain laws of physics such as gravity (flight), or altering one's mindset, etc.. This class is recommended if you want to be a "manipulator" or a "trickster" of some sorts.

Meditation: Meditation is the art of being able to commune with other realms of existence (mostly the 6 God-Realms). Many Mediums can contact with spirits of the dead or of godly creation to obtain information or to even let them possess their bodies. For that reason, many Mediums can use such power to become a "jack-of-trades". Mediums are very dependent on outside spirits to provide them with power. The recommended roles depends on what the spirit itself specializes in.

Witchcraft: Witchcraft is the art of binding and cursing. Witches are those who specialize in suppressing the powers of others. Witches can carry the art to seal off certain spells or to inflict damage on their Faith. Since they only live to weaken, Witches often do not directly participate in battle unless they have a secondary class. This class is recommended if you want to be a "weakener" of some sorts.

Sagecraft: Sagecraft is the art of interpreting or even control space and time. Sages can usually foresee the future, foresee the past, alter speed, and even alter the influence of weather and astral events. Sages are among the most unknown of arts. This class is recommended if you want to be a "scout", "supporter", or a "weakener" of some sorts.

(Although these classes are the basis of things, keep in mind that such spells are for your characters to make their own. After all, the first spells were made successful by a single person; so you can do the same) Do not feel that limited as far as reaching your true potential but at the same time, do not try to overpower yourself for the purpose of respecting others and also to provide room for growth. Another note, it is possible to multiclass, although it is suggested that your character specializes in a certain group of arts.

(Now that you have all the classes, the storyline will be more elaborated on as i provide you with faction, history, and current mindsets)

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

In the year 600 FW, the nation of Erindir is in turmoil as rival nations attempt to take it over. Along with that, Priests are damaging the resolve of the nation as they try to strengthen their power through the use of violence. It was then when Conan Traynor, Lord of Erindir issued a law, forbidding priests to enter Erindir; but as the Dark Trinity could not be found anywhere else, Priests had slipped through the nation's security in search of the artifact. Thus, secretly plotting their own ways of achieving power to win the Dark Trinity.

This RP itself will take place in Erindir, a vast nation controlled by the Traynor family. I will allow you to provide yourselves with your own cities or nations to strengthen your character's backplot. If it is anything related to the matters i provided, feel free to ask for my permission. For the time being, the capital Erindir is Rindell, the home of multiple Anti-Priest organizations.

For the general mood of things, Priests, weak or adept, are fairly common in the world. The Arts of the Priest are pretty much the equivalent of "magic". I would very well appreciate if this entire RP would be centered on such art rather than resorting to "other forms". If you have suggestions or questions as to how my Priest system works, ask more questions.

All priests are considered to be part of the Priesthood as to classify them by their art. Along with the priesthood, stands another organization known as the Faith-Ante. Faith-Ante is the largest Anti-Priest organization. It acts in equivalent to an assassin's guild with only one purpose; to gain the Dark Trinity for themselves. Although many do not know their true motives, the Faith-Ante is a well-known organization. Each priest would have a designated assassin until they are dead and mostly live in fear of becoming killed. Ironically, some essential members of the Faith-Ante are priests themselves, feeling that siding with such an operation would ease their ulterior motives.

The public usually supports the Faith-Ante, labeling all priests as "dangerous". Although many exceptions are withheld as far as having such a public mindset, many towns in Traynor should not be expected to be "Priest-Friendly". For the most part, many priests often lie about their pasts in order to get past security so that they can achieve their goals in peace. The Faith-Ante however, is not a force to be easily fooled by lies, for the employment can vary from minor assassins to extreme masters of killing.

In the Faith War itself, many priests are enemies of each other, for there can only be ONE who can obtain the Dark Trinity. However, for the sake of morality, some priests often establish friendships with others, making an "alliance" to serve the better good of themselves.

(You now have the sufficient amount of information to create your own character. Please use all of the above knowledge to create one. In the next post, i will set up a "Model Character". I look forward to seeing your creativity :P)
-Srill

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

NOTE: Notice that as a Story-Based RP, i will not take into account any form of calculations or number statistics. This is an RP, NOT an RPG. Differences in style arise as RPs are more for the story-plot while RPGs are more for the pleasure of gaming itself. As the main antagonist and "NPC", i will provide your characters with all of the needed challenges needed to make this RP action packed.

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Here is Model Character Log:

Name: Galen Windsor
Race: Human

Appearance: Short green hair, tan skin, green eyes, 4' 8'', 44 kg, mainly skinny, has a distinct scar across his left cheek, small buttony nose. Often wears a white squire's shirt, brown pants, cyan scarf, black leather belt. Seen with a typical shortsword fixed on his belt.

Personality: Determined, Foolish, Naive, Brave, Childish
History: Born in Shaktoon Village in Erindir, Galen was born as a troublemaker. Continually pulling off pranks on his parents, he was often seen as a child of mischief. However, when Galen was only 10, his village was raided by rival nations. His parents were tortured and killed while Galen became a child slave. It was until a matter of time before Galen escaped to a small port-town of Rorla. There, he led a troubled life, stealing from others to survive and escaping from the local guards. It was until he was 14 when he met a priest named Suzaku Isaac and decided to become his disciple in the Priesthood after Isaac had given him a new will to live. After serving under Isaac's god, Helm Roah, he had figured that he was not the right patron to serve. For that reason, he fled to become a disciple Del Njorde', the god of the Eastern Gale.

Role: Thief, Priest (Zealotry)
Abilities: None

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Here is another Model Character Log:

Name: Sultan (no last name)
Race: Danko (

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

HOLY MOLY THATS A DETAILED RP. How can I NOT resist? I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

First Name: Savell
Last Name: Valkerie
Appearance: 6'1", 170 lbs of pure muscle, black hair and tan skin. Excellent physical condition. Usually wears all-green shirt, pants, and cloak. His face and enire body is covered in countless scars from all sorts of battles. Never seen using weapons.
Personality: Judgemental and determined. Hates Priests of any kind. Commands an intense presence, drawing the eyes of anyone near him.
History: Born of a noble line, Savell was trained to become what he is today. While he is capable of Zealotry Magic, Savell deliberately chooses not to use it except in critical conditions. His hatred of priests stems from their wanton use of violence, and the fact they suicide-attacked the academy where he was studying. Most of his friends died that day, and most of his scars were aqcuired then. Upon learning about the Dark Trinity, Savell hatched a plan of his own to steal the Trinity and destroy it, or keep it for himself...
Role: General, Martial Artist (?)
Abilities: Iron Will to Live, Physical Superiority

Is this alright? You said -MOST- people could be Priests. But I like being a Ninja or Knight instead of a Black Mage, FF wise.

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

First of all,,, my previous post failed to print for some weird reason...

another thing::: Zealotry Magic is part of being part of the Priesthood, but that mindset is really normal. Anti-Priest organizations such as the Faith-Ante employ priests to kill off other priests. Keep aware that the art of priest is capable of almost all forms of powers such as the ones that i described. Also keep aware, that not all priests are evil. Their minds work exactly like people, although many ordinary beings are afraid of their power. As for the Dark Trinity, it is only believed to be existent. No one has ever had any evidence of its existence, but it is all a matter of a dream. As for your character, i like how you set your character up; and if he is very serious about pursuing his revenge, then he should join Faith-Ante.

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Here is another Model Character Log:

Name: Sultan (no last name)
Race: Danko (this is my custom race)

Appearance: Bald, pure dull black skin. His face is covered by what seems to be a gas mask w/o eyes. He is about 6' 0'' when standing erect, but is always walking slumped over like a lazy man. He has the appearance of a man dying of hunger, for the bones of his body is visible through the skin. He wears black tattered shorts that is darker than his skin. Sticking backwards from each of his shoulders are bone-colored needles as if he had dislocated a piece of his skeleton. He is seen wielding 2 rusty-looking katanas and also carries a thin black long-sword behind him known as the "Deathsinger".

Personality: Bloodthirsty, recluse, hates humans, cold-blooded, hates the naive, arrogant, cowardly when circumstances prove otherwise, refuses to reveal his true face (under his mask).

History: Sultan remains to be one of the only Dankos (mud people) in the world. His people were wiped out by an immense monsoon while he was away on another nation. After hearing upon the death of his ancestors, he took up the art of necromancy so that he could bring back the lives of his peers. For that, he served under the god, Dark Grim, the god of Silent Death. In addition, he also took up the art of Zealotry and came across the ancient weapon known as the "Deathsinger", the sword meant to kill non-necromancers. In his later years, he joined the Faith-Ante as to avoid being their target. He proved to be an excellent assassin until one target had always succeeded him; that target being Suzaku Isaac.

Role: Assassin, Faith-Ante, Priest (Necromancy, Zealotry)
Abilities: Made of Mud, Fast Regeneration

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Here is more information about how to create your own "God": Like Greek Mythology, this RP is based off of a polytheism (many gods). Along with that, a god is specialized for a certain type of attribute. In this case, even vague descriptions such as a God of Death will always have its subtopics. When formulating your god, please be specific as possible.

Every god lives in one of the following 6 God-Realms:

Netherworld: A world where nothing exists. In this realm, lives Gods forgotten or obliviated by the very fabric of mental existence. Such Gods are almost mindless, having no ability to reason. In an effort to bring themselves back to the known world, many Gods try to reset their purpose and bring themselves out of the Netherworld so that they could be free and living once again

Purgatory: Purgatory is the the region that is between Abyss and Celestia; this world is infact, a pathway of judgement upon entering either Abyss or Celestia. Gods in this realm are those who seek not to do evil, but also not good. They are unbias in their decision and carry no emotion. For that reason, they act as "judges" of their God-Realm and decide which path for others to take.

Celestia: Celestia is a region of pure goodness and life. This God-Realm is the representative of happiness and pure joy as one will find redemption to no end. Gods in this realm are just, fair, and are full of love and joy. They cherish life to an unlimited extent, seeking to protect them from those who choose otherwise.

Nirvana: Nirvana is a region where peace and harmony exist as one with the universe flow. Nirvana is a world where one will be free of their mind and reach a state of true peace and meditation. Gods of Nirvana are those who allow the flow of the universe enter them rather than troubling themselves to certain ambitions or motives. They do not feel pain nor do they ever move on their own behalf. Nirvana itself is selflessness.

Ether: Ether is a world of dream and the world outside time. It is merely a state of immaterial being where physicality does not exist, therefore, everything would be made up of though and spirituality. Gods of Ether are those who are full of knowledge over time. Gods of Ether live to gain more wisdom of the world, for they are the representation of knowledge and thought.

Abyss: Abyss is world of pain and punishment. Only those of sinned nature would dare be put into Abyss, where the Gods show no mercy. Any being in Abyss is said to be "****ed" for they are forever tortured by their own actions. The Gods of Abyss live to strengthen their resolve by leading the "just" into sinful paths. They despise life of all sorts and wish to punish such creations for their weakness.

When creating a God, keep in mind which realm your god is from, what kind of traits he holds (depicted appearance, greatest motive, personality), and also what kind of powers he grants to others. Also, as said before, keep your Gods original and try to be specific as possible. Do not think of vague descriptions such as having a "God of Light" or "God of Darkness". Expand on those by adding a secondary description to assist your main.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

My eyes hurt no offense. It's just all over the place. Lol.

Maybe fix it up a bit and maybe I'll join. I suggest you make another thread and ask a mod to delete this one.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

I see. But since the Faith-Ante also employs priests, my character would sooner raze the headquarters than work for them. He also hates magic, seeing it as inferior to raw physical power. Yeah my character's basically the Terminator.
Appearance: 6'1", 170 lbs of pure muscle, black hair and tan skin. Excellent physical condition. Usually wears all-green shirt, pants, and cloak. His face and enire body is covered in countless scars from all sorts of battles. Never seen using weapons.
Personality: Judgemental and determined. Hates Priests of any kind. Commands an intense presence, drawing the eyes of anyone near him.
History: Born of a noble line, Savell was trained to become what he is today. While he is capable of Zealotry Magic, Savell deliberately chooses not to use it except in critical conditions. His hatred of priests stems from their wanton use of violence, and the fact they suicide-attacked the academy where he was studying. Most of his friends died that day, and most of his scars were aqcuired then. As the Faith-Ante also employ priests, Savell hates them as well for being hypocritical cowards. Upon learning about the Dark Trinity, Savell hatched a plan of his own to steal the Trinity and destroy it, or keep it for himself...

Let's do this.

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

(background): It is year 600 FW, at 11:00 am. The sun is high up as streets of an unknown city are bustling with working men and playing children. You; Savell Valkerie are at an unfamiliar bar as if a strange force had brought you here while you were off on your own business. You find yourself on a stool, sitting in front of a bar as if you have been there for some time now. There is only one man in the bar (barkeeper) while few other civilians are chatting in the back corner.

NPC Data Update:

Name: Giorg "Barkeep" Vangorf
Appearance: Top of the head is bald, but otherwise revealing short brown hair on the sides and back. His skin is fairly rosy as well (he is around a storage of alcoholic drinks) and reveals macho hairy arms. He carries a large hefty moustache and his eyes are brown with determination. He is fairly heavyset and stands about 5'8'', weighing 99.8 kg. He is wearing a burlap vest and a white shirt beneath it. He is wearing a pair of brown pants and is mostly seen behind his bar cleaning pint-glasses.
Personality: (unknown)
History: (unknown)
Role: Barkeeper
Abilities: (unknown)

Barkeep: (leans forward near your face and whispers politely. His voice sounds mostly &quotirate-ish&quot "Yer know? If you are just ger'nna sit there like a chap, might as wer'll buy yerself a drink! Shouldn't yer? Mr. Sarell Valkerie! (it appears he knows your name for some odd reason)

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

History: Born of a noble line, Savell was trained to become what he is today. While he is capable of Zealotry Magic, Savell deliberately chooses not to use it except in critical conditions. His hatred of priests stems from their wanton use of violence, and the fact they suicide-attacked the academy where he was studying. Most of his friends died that day, and most of his scars were aqcuired then. As the Faith-Ante also employ priests, Savell hates them as well for being hypocritical cowards. Upon learning about the Dark Trinity, Savell hatched a plan of his own to steal the Trinity and destroy it, or keep it for himself...

I shrug. "Fine, one pint of your finest ale. ...Hey wait a minute, how do you know my name?" I give the barkeep an intense look, straight into his soul.

Srill
Srill
16 posts
Nomad

Barkeep does not move a muscle, yet alone, unfazed by your presence. "How i know yer name? Zat does not matter! Here...have a drink." Breaks off into a laughter of enjoyment then fills up a pint of malt beer. "I see that you have gotten yerself lost! I go by the name Giorg Vandorf... but you can call me Barkeep". He has a wide grin on his face.

Showing 1-15 of 22