ForumsWEPRWhy hate China?

35 15142
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Seriously. What's the big deal with China? Yes, they censor the internet. Yes, they wreck their own environment. But when they want oil, they buy oil. They don't invade some poor country in the middle east and blame it on quote-on-quote "terrorists". They pay for it. When they want to make a buck, they sell a ton of plastic toy cars at rock-bottom prices. They don't sell non-reproducing grain that people have to buy again and again.
Besides, it's the backbone of the world's economy. It has the US dollar (and therefore every dollar pegged to it) in its pocket. It produces everything and sells it to everyone. And the US is, well, no better. It doesn't censor the web because it doesn't care that everyone knows it (and the UK) bombed Iraq flat.
And the US/UK have virtually no environmental protection. The EPA is a joke and the UK, well, the UK got rid of its environment centuries ago. Read up on the Vietnam war. American conduct was pretty much a violation of the Geneva Convention. Are we to forget all this just so we can demonise China? Also, I'll have you know I've been to Vietnam and China.

• 35 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Right now I'm in Heilongjiang, though I've also been to Beijing, Sichuan, Shanghai, Xian, and Shenzhen. I agree with you on the communism thing; my problem with communism is that humans just won't agree with equality. Those who can agree are robbed and beaten by those who can't, leading to the collapse of the whole system.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Which is why I was saying it was a fair point for fear of communism to exist, simply because the realistic communism isn't great. Not that fearing a country for only that reason is acceptable. The US is in no need of a Cold War-esque stand off with the country that owns its soul and checkbook. It's not gonna get that bad, but still, it really is true that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Sorry guys, my op was censored.

But give me a list of the "good things" that have come from such Communist states other than over 55 million people slaughtered.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Sorry guys, my op was censored.

But give me a list of the "good things" that have come from such Communist states other than over 55 million people slaughtered.

The fact they own a considerable part of US debt?
or that it helped my nation over and over?
or that our arch enemy is also its arch enemy?
or it brings balance to the force?
Maybe nothing good for the world have came from China (although I doubt it) but look at where that once stoner country is standing now.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

See the problem with this statement, aside from it being somewhat narrow minded and heavily conservative, is we have no idea what you're talking about. You see, what you're calling "communism" actually isn't communism. There is no such thing as communism, except for the ideological form. Now, are we saying that Mao killed these people, or "communism" killed these people?
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I love Chinese people,but there's one thing I hate related to Chinese.Oh yeah.You know it...MADE IN CHINA.Plastic toys that break in 3 days?Who started selling this crap?Back in the 50's,Japanese and American toys were the real toys.They were impossible to break.In a pawn shop you can get a few bucks for those things.That's the only thing that I don't love about China.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I love Chinese people,but there's one thing I hate related to Chinese.Oh yeah.You know it...MADE IN CHINA.Plastic toys that break in 3 days?Who started selling this crap?Back in the 50's,Japanese and American toys were the real toys.They were impossible to break.In a pawn shop you can get a few bucks for those things.That's the only thing that I don't love about China.

Yes, you're right. That's basically the mindset of a toy maker in China. They'd rather go the lazy way and still get paid as much as the next guy instead of wasting time and energy on something that will yield them little rewards. It doesn't matter how much we pay for those toys, the stores, companies and the government will take most of the profit before it even reaches the workers' pockets.
trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

MADE IN CHINA.Plastic toys that break in 3 days?Who started selling this crap?

Actually, they send most of the good stuff over. Just look at the iPhone and iPad. They sell the worse stuff to their own people. I know from personal experience that in China Walmart sells shoes that break after walking a mile. The rubber bottom literally peeled off.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Actually, they send most of the good stuff over. Just look at the iPhone and iPad. They sell the worse stuff to their own people. I know from personal experience that in China Walmart sells shoes that break after walking a mile. The rubber bottom literally peeled off.

Its not about made in china stamp, its abnout how ,much money you have, after all, they make jet fighters and aircraft carriers too.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Because the beneficiaries of capitalism are saving a ton and are popularizing capitalism through a communist country.

Ah, well. The ends justify the means.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I'm Chinese.

But I mean other than the fact that their stuff can be kinda cheap and that people always outsource there I don't see anything that bad...

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Because the beneficiaries of capitalism are saving a ton and are popularizing capitalism through a communist country.

Ah, well. The ends justify the means.

Just curious Salvidian, but wouldn't that be a reason to hate capitalism, not vise-versa?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

China bought the strategic port of gwadar in pakistan
Look at the ingnorance and arrogance in comments section.

AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

I think it is worth mentioning that the US military facilities around China can prevent any Chinese vessel from reaching that Gwadar port.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

thats great news. it will cut costs if import and export greatly for china. and it can give a great economic boost for pakistan aswell if they are willing to co-opperate here.

i understand india's concern. china that teams up whit the arch enemy doesn't sound good. but i dont see the wrong intentions that china has, suggested by india.
and why does usa care anyway? they are on the other side of the world. it can become a trade network that they will never need to use or maintain.

I think it is worth mentioning that the US military facilities around China can prevent any Chinese vessel from reaching that Gwadar port.

why would they want to disrupt this great trade route?
Showing 16-30 of 35