ForumsThe TavernRavens cheerleader "too fat?"

17 4823
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The five year cheerleading veteran, Courtney Lenz, was banned from the Super Bowl supposedly due to weight...

Do you think that as a five year veteran she should be banned? Or was it weight? If it was that's messed up lol

And check this out.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/we-want-baltimore-raven-s-cheerleader-courtney-l-to-at/signatures.html

• 17 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Oh jeezy...

Clickable Link

Link Fix ^

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

she should cheer those idiots are too concerned with the girls looks and forget loyalty its so annoying

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

There is a specific reason why they have to be at a certain weight. Check google out.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There is a specific reason why they have to be at a certain weight. Check google out.

How about somebody be nice and post a source on this claim? It'd sure clear the issue up a bit.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Does this really matter? I watch the Superbowl for the football game, not the cheerleaders.

I'm probably never going to go to a Superbowl in my entire life, I don't see what the big deal is if she can't go either.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's been a long day. Delete my two previous fails.
Fixed:

What's wrong with this?

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

Does this really matter? I watch the Superbowl for the football game, not the cheerleaders.

so true man

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Though I agree with you here, I have to say it isn't the problem that has been stated. Basically the OP is stating that it's unfair that she be kicked off the cheerleading team because of her weight.

I don't see what the big deal is if she can't go either.

What?!?! It's a superbowl. 'Nuff said. xD
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What's wrong with this?

Oh god! D= What is that?! A whale?!

Psh..I watch because I'm a conformist
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Alright, if nobody's going to link to a source justifying why there are weight regulations for cheerleaders going to the superbowl, then why not post a paraphrase here? I want to know, but not enough that I'm going to look it up for myself :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Alright, if nobody's going to link to a source justifying why there are weight regulations for cheerleaders going to the superbowl, then why not post a paraphrase here? I want to know, but not enough that I'm going to look it up for myself :P

Okay:
Several universities have imposed weight regulations on their cheerleaders which has caused an uproar due to the risk of eating disorders.
The reasoning given was that girls of a certain height to weight ratio could possibly cause injuries to the male cheerleaders, that lift and toss these female cheerleaders during the cheer.
However, the NFL does not have such requirements, rather simply asking cheerleaders to be in a, and I quote: "excellent physical shape", as they need a certain level of stamina to cheer through a game.
Some teams does have requirements for height and weight, however, this is to ensure the cheerleaders do not become underweight.

You are welcome, Strop.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thanks.

That information, obviously, does not explain why a cheerleader was stopped from participating in entertainment for an NFL game for being overweight.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Reading an article on the case, I begin to wonder if there might have been a secondary reason for her being dropped from the team. She apparently gained weight (about a kilo or so) because she "had a rough year". However, the same article also states she is going to be leaving the squad in the end of the season, because she wants to work with what she got an education for, so perhaps it is a kind of revenge or grudge based on that, that made her coach dump her, rather than the slight weight gain.

More, so:

She said: 'When I asked for an explanation, they said I had ''a rough year and faced disciplinary action''. It was devastating.'

She then received another email on Sunday night asking her to hand in her Ravens uniform.

Miss Lenz said that she had spoken out about being dropped because she felt that what happened to her sent a negative message to young female fans.

This does not seem like it is because of the weight gain, as much as behaviour (or proposed grudge), made even worse because she wasn't quiet about it, the same way many retail personnel gets fired for speaking out about their work, or posting pictures to spread the issues they work with.

The entire article does seem to speak for the weight gain to be an added reason, rather than her retiring and "having a bad attitude" being the secondary reason, but I am still basing all of this on the article itself, so I wouldn't know.
That it has become an issue of weight might, on one side, be a way for her to get back at the team for firing her, on the other, be a real issue that is going to blemish the entire NFL for a lot of people, because no one has tried to do anything for her on a professional level.
But it does sound to me like it might be petty rage on both sides of the line here, and the real issue is that people are idiots.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

It depends what you mean by fat. As long as a cheerleader is light enough to catch, I am happy.
There's a lot of trust involved in jumping from a human pyramid and praying you will be caught by the other dudettes.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

http://dailyfailcenter.com/sites/default/files/fail/9ee654cdcc83.jpg

That's all I got to say.

Showing 1-15 of 17