28 posts
Nomad

[b]Are you ready to Super Bowl!!!!!!

• 15 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Eh not really. Don't like the Ravens or the 49ers, and not a big fan of Beyonce either xD This'll be another "What cool commercials are gonna play?" Super Bowl for me, and maybe one where the game is close enough to maybe keep my interest. Doubtful, since I don't care who wins haha

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Eh not really. Don't like the Ravens or the 49ers, and not a big fan of Beyonce either xD This'll be another "What cool commercials are gonna play?" Super Bowl for me, and maybe one where the game is close enough to maybe keep my interest. Doubtful, since I don't care who wins haha

every single part of that post was true. kudos to dragonball.

Ravens are alright. we all know there gonna win, i highly doubt the 49ers will stop them. beyonce is alright. not really. commercials are the best part of it all, i agree.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Ravens are my fourth team.

1. Bears
2. Patriots
3. Packers
4. Bam

But if I had to place the 49ers on my list, they'd be hanging somewhere around 20. It'll be interesting to see the similar teams play at any rate.

And the obligatory "Teh commercials ah so awzoom" comment.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

we all know there gonna win, i highly doubt the 49ers will stop them

Since it isn't like San Fran's defense is good or anything. But I think it will e a good game. If Kapernick gets running it will be a long day for the Ravens.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Normally..I'd talk about how the commercials are the only thing I'm looking forward to..but to be blunt, I'm not looking forward to them at all.

The last 2 years have had some pretty crappy commercials, for the most part..and last year had about half of the commercials being the normal local commercials. So I have low expectations for this year

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

The last 2 years have had some pretty crappy commercials, for the most part..and last year had about half of the commercials being the normal local commercials. So I have low expectations for this year

Very true, maybe I shouldn't even look forward to those xD It's actually now gonna be more of a reason to be crazy with my friends, with little attention paid to the game going on in the background.

Also, Sal, very respectable top 3.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Okay... So. I wanna see some commercials. (last year Sling Baby was the best)

But 49ers all the way!

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

well its here, starting in about 3 hours where i am (eastern standard time)

GO RAVENS! GO RAVENS! YA YA YA!
i'm such a pro cherrleader

But 49ers all the way!

(good luck 49ers too)
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Also, Sal, very respectable top 3.

Thanks. This was probably the best season ever for me, seeing that my top 4 made it extremely far in the playoffs.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

seeing that my top 4 made it extremely far in the playoffs.

Ya. Since the Bears got to the playoffs.
Sarcasm.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm glad the Ravens won. Collin Kaepernick (is that how you spell it?) is kind of irritating... I mean, he acts like it's a huge deal if he picks up three yards... I just don't like him.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Honestly, the 49ers defeated themselves in this. As much as I like them, they blew up the 1st half. Bad management there at the end of the 1st half, Kaepernick was taking up too much time. 20 seconds is a lot when you're coming down the wire but he just threw those seconds away like they were nothing. Overall, it was a good game. I feel like it was rigged it bit but the Raven defender holding Crabtree on 4th and goal. Although, hey I'm a 49er fan. And I'm not a bandwagoner. I was there when Alex Smith was still horrible, when they had Nolan Smith as coach.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So I guess I shall talk about the commercials..eh? haha

So..definitely better than last years (saying as how most of last years were normal local commercials)..but nothing special at all.

At first..they seemed promising (though was it just me..or did Budweiser not have as strong of a presence as they normally do?)..then came a trickle of commercials from the broadcasting channel's own shows...which eventually became more frequent, along with some local commercials (though..they were at least, for the most part, better than usual)

For the commercials that I would call "Superbowl commercials"..they just didn't come through with much prowess as they used to, in my opinion. Before..when the commercials came in..that is when everyone (football lovers or not) would hush down and watch them to see what they were. This year..my family watch a few..then we all sat around the kitchen table and played a board game (Imaginiff..very good game. I recommend it)..but don't worry..I kept a close eye on the TV so I could still watch...and judge..the commercials

The one that really grabbed my attention was the Budweiser commercial with the horse and its trainer..and them reuniting after 3 years. Though..it was either shown multiple times..or was shown before the Superbowl..because when it came on my mom made sure to get everyone's attention because of how much she loved it and wanted us to watch it all as well (oh..and TV doesn't rewind..so it isn't like she saw it then rewound the TV so we could watch it again).

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The one with the dodge car/farmer one was really long and everyone in my family was like get to your point man.

Remember Crackin' Gangnam style? Oh god...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Haha I liked both Doritos commercials (the goat and the man party), the Toyota genie, and the nerd kissing the supermodel xDD

Showing 1-15 of 15