ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45789
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What anti-gay policy? I was a Boy Scout for about a year and was never aware of this. By the way, kids don't typically realize they're gay until well into puberty. Boy Scouts are boys.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What anti-gay policy?

They're banning openly-gay Scout Masters.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

They're banning openly-gay Scout Masters.

Ah. Makes sense.

Isn't that self-explanatory though? I mean, that's a big and necessitous precaution.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Scout Masters

nvm. All memebers in general.

link
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Isn't that self-explanatory though? I mean, that's a big and necessitous precaution.

How so? Just because someone is gay doesn't make them a pedophile. And just because someone is a pedophile doesn't make them a molester. You're jumping a few steps.

All memebers in general.

Correct.

Their reasons, as far as I'm aware, are that they are a Christian organisation that believes homosexuality to be immoral.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Their reasons, as far as I'm aware, are that they are a Christian organisation that believes homosexuality to be immoral.

That and a widespread, poisonous misconception that gays are more likely to be pedophiles.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How so? Just because someone is gay doesn't make them a pedophile. And just because someone is a pedophile doesn't make them a molester. You're jumping a few steps.
That and a widespread, poisonous misconception that gays are more likely to be pedophiles.

My sarcasm doesn't translate very well. I was making satire of the pedophile Scout Master stereotype.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

My sarcasm doesn't translate very well. I was making satire of the pedophile Scout Master stereotype.

Well, sarcasm or not, it is something a lot of people actually believe.
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

it sucks that gay scouts are kicked out

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well it's good they aren't allowing them gays in! I mean, come on! If they did let 'em in..what next?! Animals? Robots?!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

No, we need to give boy scouts guns so they can defend themselves against gay leaders. xD

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Well it's good they aren't allowing them gays in! I mean, come on! If they did let 'em in..what next?! Animals? Robots?!

come on man, I thought we trolls don't invade each other's turf.
But in all honesty, I think they did the right thing.
If any one hates this setup, they can quit.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I think they did the right thing.

i personally get the idea you would also agree if they were banned from bars, get their own bathroom and have their own schools.

also you didnt even post a reason.

hint: hating them isnt a reason
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

i personally get the idea you would also agree if they were banned from bars, get their own bathroom and have their own schools.

also you didnt even post a reason.

hint: hating them isnt a reason

WEll that's enough reason for me.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

But in all honesty, I think they did the right thing.
If any one hates this setup, they can quit.

How is it the right thing to hold irrational prejudice toward a group of people? The issue shouldn't be whether a group has the right to exclude people it doesn't like, it should be about the discrimination.
Showing 1-15 of 116