ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45868
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
P0rchm0nkey
P0rchm0nkey
5 posts
Nomad

For me, Antigay, all the way. That's what I believe and no one can change that

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

That's what I believe and no one can change that

Are you open to questioning about why you feel that way?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Are you open to questioning about why you feel that way?

That's what I believe and no one can change that

no he cant change himself.
P0rchm0nkey
P0rchm0nkey
5 posts
Nomad

I can ask the same about anyone who is against what i say, it would just be a ongoing battle of words. I find it funny how people will post this stuff and others get there panties in a bunch if they get offended. Does being Gay offend me? NO. I just don't believe that were were made to pack each others fudge or eat each others toast. Really it a matter of why do people become so worried about what others think. There was a post that simply read

"boy scouts and their antigay campaign"

I felt to just make a very simple comment and just about proved a point with out even saying anything other than antigay all the way, there will always be someone pushing there beliefs on others. Me, I am not pushing my beliefsI am just stating that I am antigay. Nothing big is it? Did I offend someone by saying that? Probably. Do I care no.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I can ask the same about anyone who is against what i say, it would just be a ongoing battle of words.

I suggest you go here

and here

And it isn't about pushing our beliefs on you. It is about human equality
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

There was a post that simply read

"boy scouts and their antigay campaign"

You're supposed to read the OP post too, and the most recent posts >.>

there will always be someone pushing there beliefs on others.

There's a difference between arguing the other side when you present your opinion, and walking around actively trying to persuade others.

There's also the difference between arguing against discriminatory views and policies, and someone stating an opinion.

For example, this is a serious topic which falls under human rights. If you're going to contribute to the discussion, expect your views to be questioned. That's what this sub-forum, the WEPR is for.

The tavern is where you go to say, "lol I like oranges."
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Gays are freaks of nature. Why the HELL would they like other men. it's so wrong, they want attention. The BSA is the only anti-gay national organization around. I am a boy scout, a star scout at that, and I've seen 4 gays be kicked out. It's a proud organization.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Gays are freaks of nature.

Even if that were the case (which it's not) that's no reason to say it's wrong to be homosexual.

Would you not agree people born with 1 arm, no legs, deformed extremities are not as biology intended? Should we instantly call them evil, too?

Not to mention that there are thousands of species in which we have observed homosexual behavior. Humans are one of many, arguing that it is not, in fact, unnatural.

it's so wrong, they want attention.

Yes, they purposefully get criticized by bigots like you, because they want attention. They get stoned to death, beaten, ridiculed, discriminated against and denied various rights because they want attention. Makes perfect sense.

I am a boy scout, a star scout at that, and I've seen 4 gays be kicked out. It's a proud organization.

*Presents Proud Bigot Award*
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

They may Change it soon. They better being gay isn't a problem. Even Girl Scouts lets in lesbians and cross dressers

abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

I see one reason that gays aren't allowed in Boy Scouts...I would feel uncomfortable sleeping in a tent with a gay guy. I know he may not be a pervert or even attracted to me, but this is really the same reason girls aren't allowed to join Boy Scouts.
As for the Church hating gays and believing homosexuality to be a sin, that is a common misconception. The Church recognizes that being gay isn't in it of itself an act based on free choice, and since sin are performed to your own free will, being gay is not a sin.
However, the Church does not believe in gay marriage because God defined marriage as an act between a man and a woman, so therefore gay marriage is not "marriage" as allowed by God.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

.I would feel uncomfortable sleeping in a tent with a gay guy. I know he may not be a pervert or even attracted to me, but this is really the same reason girls aren't allowed to join Boy Scouts.

That is not at all why girls aren't allowed to join. Boy/girl scouts actually is quite a simple representation on how society views gender roles
Boy scouts gets to learn survival skills and related sorts
Girl scouts business gets to learn about selling stuff

As for your part about homosexuals, you are going to need to explain your point because of the lack of connection that actually exists between what you tried to connect. As of now it seems to be "they shouldn't be in there because that'd make me uncomfortable"

However, the Church does not believe in gay marriage because God defined marriage as an act between a man and a woman, so therefore gay marriage is not "marriage" as allowed by God.

Of course. We must also recognize that marriage is not something of religious creation, and therefore whether a religion accepts homosexual marriage or not doesn't really matter in that debate.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Reading this emphasizes to me the cultural differences between the United Kingdom and the United states. Here, anyone can become a scout (boys and girls alike), anyone can become a leader (provided they pass the tests and have had a CRB) and have recently written a new version of the promise for atheists. To bar people from the organisation on the grounds of sexuality or religion goes against the principles on which the whole movement was founded.

abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

I don't want to start a gay marriage debate, simply clearing up the fact that the church isn't against homosexuality in general.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I don't want to start a gay marriage debate, simply clearing up the fact that the church isn't against homosexuality in general.

What does that have to do with boy scouts? Do you see "church" or "marriage" anywhere in the title or the OP?
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

when did all this happen? when does all of this "antigay campaign" stuff happen? that is my question in relevance to the OP( whatever it is ).

Showing 76-90 of 116