ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45790
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

when did all this happen?

Since the establishment of modern society. Maybe even before that, I don't know.

when does all of this "antigay campaign" stuff happen?

When a bigoted group of misdirected and otherwise ignorant people attack or sometimes scapegoat gay people.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Do i even need to interject here?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't know, do you? Seems like a waste of a post, especially considering the fact that you prompted a response.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

I don't know, do you? Seems like a waste of a post, especially considering the fact that you prompted a response.

Woah, pal. Did someone steal your teddy? Show some respect.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Clearly we all need to, or else we wouldn't be contributing to this thread.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Do i even need to interject here?

If you want. No one, frankly, cares if you do or not...so you can cut it out with the conceited persona of self-importance.

Show some respect.

But you don't need to? (i.e. Homosexuality thread and Atheism v Theism thread)
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

But you don't need to? (i.e. Homosexuality thread and Atheism v Theism thread)

I stated my opinion, i never said i was homophobic or anything.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

No Homophobe will ever admit to being a homophobe.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

No Homophobe will ever admit to being a homophobe.

Nah, if i were a homophobe that would mean that i'm afraid of 'em, but really i just can't stand them.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Let's please stick to any arguments on offer or at least the relevant subject matter. This back and forth has to stop.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Let's please stick to any arguments on offer or at least the relevant subject matter. This back and forth has to stop.

Agreed.

The boy scout thing is pointless now they are a LOT less popular than they were 50 years ago. Camping, hiking, backpacking, shooting, hunting, woodscrafts, fieldcraft, etc. are a LOT less available. And even those who do many of those things find they are much easier/less painful to do because of advances in technology (cellphones, GPS, better insulated clothing, sleeping bags, water proof tents, etc). Part of becoming a man is learning to "suck it up" and not complain when in difficult circumstances.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The boy scout thing is pointless now they are a LOT less popular than they were 50 years ago.

Nevertheless they are a large group pushing an antigay campaign.

Part of becoming a man is learning to "suck it up" and not complain when in difficult circumstances.

Ah yes, who doesn't love some good old gender roles.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

To get back on track, I'd like to present a prompt.

Homosexuality's naturalism is often debated. Some believe homosexuality is natural because it occurs without deliberate interference or insinuation. Others believe it is unnatural because they believe each sex was intended for the other, it is not functional for reproduction, or religious beliefs. Of course, this is a broad generalization, so do not limit yourself to the reasons listed.

Using the prompt above, answer the following questions:
a. Which side do you support, if any? Why?
b. Are there any semantic differences involved? If so, what difference(s) do they make?
c. How does the prompt relate to the thread topic?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

it is not functional for reproduction, or religious beliefs.

I would say this is inaccurate as it's not just used or functional for reproduction. As for the religious beliefs, my level of expressed empathy towards the statements of the various belief systems in this regard is on par with the gluteus maximus of a small mammal within the rodentia order.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I would say this is inaccurate as it's not just used or functional for reproduction.

This is true, which is why I said,

Of course, this is a broad generalization, so do not limit yourself to the reasons listed.

But it was good of you to mention that. Sexual activity can also be used for stress release, exercise, fun, psychological relations, and more things I am forgetting.
Showing 91-105 of 116