ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45890
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Not to mention the fact that it exists in species other than homo sapiens. There is a whole list of animals that display homosexual behavior.... Maybe God just done goofed.

It wasn't god that goofed (if you are a believer), Its the swaths of religious groups that misinterpreted what god is alleged to have told them (ie that homosexuality is unnatural). The other group that frequently expresses disapproval of homosexuality are the guys who are afraid that they themselves might be gay, and they deal with their scary same-sex urges by lashing out at gay people who aren't ashamed of themselves.
-footnote: the 2 groups I discussed frequently overlap.

Also, to address the pedophile comments from page 1: pedophiles overwhelming self-identify as heterosexual (not gay), regardless of the gender of their victims.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What gays do is like going out of your way to just anger the god.
So yes I hate them.

Is hating your fellow humans going against god? If not I think there is something wrong with your god.

On the same note as their ban on homosexuals they also have a ban on atheist/agnostics.

Boy Scouts of America membership controversies
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

isnt there also an aetheist ban? im a scout and secret atheist

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

isnt there also an aetheist ban? im a scout and secret atheist

Yes it does also prohibit atheists.

"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and "open or avowed" homosexual people from membership in its Scouting program as directly violating its fundamental principles and tenets." -from the link above you.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ive heard the female scouts allow lesbians in and even as masters (mistresses? i have no idea). i wonder if it also allowes atheists and all the other things that the boy scouts dont. its really shamefull... arent they supposed to be all about helping society etc.?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

ive heard the female scouts allow lesbians in and even as masters (mistresses? i have no idea).

Haven't heard anything about that. I think they're called Leaders, but I could be wrong. Too lazy to ask my 11 year old sister.

its really shamefull... arent they supposed to be all about helping society etc.?

Mmm, atheists at least there's a sort-of reason. They go to camp and pray and stuff. Not that that's really a huge thing, as an atheist would just follow along to be respectful if they wanted to be there.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

I am a Boy scout and I am a Life and I think that there should be no gay scouts. What if a gay scout Master talks to some kid and says hay lets go in the woods together( It could be a cub scout that does not know better). Another thing in scouts that could happen if they allow gay scouts into the boy scouts of America is that maybe some scout could come into a tent where there is another scout. Personally I think that the gay scout thing is a bad idea.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

What if a gay scout Master talks to some kid and says hay lets go in the woods together( It could be a cub scout that does not know better).

1) The vast majority of all pedophiles are heterosexual.
2) Being homosexual does not mean one is a pedophile.
3) Being a pedophile doesn't even mean that one will sexually assault a child, it's an attraction.
4) We can play the what if game all day long. What if a straight scout master kills all of his troop in a demented murder spree?

Another thing in scouts that could happen if they allow gay scouts into the boy scouts of America is that maybe some scout could come into a tent where there is another scout.

I'm not sure if you're implying molestation or just sexual relations, but I doubt that will be an issue any more than it already is. If it is an issue.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

For the Boy scout thing i was talking about a child hitting on are trying to have a relationship with another child. And what would happen if the Scout Master was a pedophile.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

And what would happen if the Scout Master was a pedophile.

Keeping homosexuals out of scouts doesn't keep pedophiles out.

For the Boy scout thing i was talking about a child hitting on are trying to have a relationship with another child.

Where does the stereotype that just because someone is homosexual they'll hit on everyone who's the same gender? How many people do you hit on a day? Further, where does the idea come from that a homosexual is going to push a relationship with someone who doesn't want it? How often do you keep pursuing a girl after she turns you down?
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Ok first of all I am Mormon and I can not date before I am 16 years old. And if a gay kid in scouts was bothering me all the time I would kick the kid. And the gay thing with kids in a relationship would ruin the point of Boy Scouts.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

That kicking thing would only be if the kid was following me everywhere.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

If a gay scout was following me I would nicely walk over to him and ask him to stop following me.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Ok first of all I am Mormon and I can not date before I am 16 years old. And if a gay kid in scouts was bothering me all the time I would kick the kid. And the gay thing with kids in a relationship would ruin the point of Boy Scouts.

how would it ruin it? the point of scouts is to become self-reliant and to gain friendships with people who share a common bond with you. being gay doesn't factor into this equation whatsoever, and it shouldn't ruin the evening unless you do one of 2 things:

1. act extremely homophobic to him.
2.think he's attracted to you (he tends to not be) and make it really awkward.

the only reason the boyscouts have to justify their stance is the fact that it was born of a backwards thinking religious fundamentalist.

-Blade
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

That kicking thing was just a joke my later post said that I would tell him to stop following me.

Showing 31-45 of 116