ForumsThe TavernTabletop Roleplaying vs. MMORPGs

3 3201
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I've debated with many of my friends about this... Which do you think is better?
Personally, I think Tabletop Roleplaying is 'better', and by that I mean more enjoyable to play.
But, what do you think?

• 3 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

They both have their benefits.

I like mmorpgs for the sheer number of people I have access to. With that many people, I get to talk to some interesting individuals, and have a vast amount of experience to have shared with me to allow for the game to run more smoothly, as well as a diverse amount of opponents if the game calls for pvp.

I like tabletop for the personal nature. With tabletops, usually you know the people you're playing with a lot better than the random, albeit interesting, people online. Tabletop also is very enjoyable and isn't limited to the mechanics set by the online game developer. Suggestions to the mmo developers will only get so far, whereas if the DM in a tabletop game is feeling generous, he/she will change the game to just about anything, given the time to modify.

All in all, they're both good, and I would never wanna not have one of them in the world. Though I have rarely played table roleplaying games, the few times I have have been enjoyable, and my initial gaming experience revolved around mmorpgs.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

this is such an uncomparable debate, for so many reasons i'm not gonna list them.

i prefer MMORPGs.

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I like mmorpgs for the sheer number of people I have access to. With that many people, I get to talk to some interesting individuals, and have a vast amount of experience to have shared with me to allow for the game to run more smoothly, as well as a diverse amount of opponents if the game calls for pvp.

Thats where Armor Games comes in. Forum Gaming is, in a way, the bridge between MMOs, and Tabletop Gaming.
this is such an uncomparable debate, for so many reasons i'm not gonna list them.

A quite valid point...

I think we should just lock this thread and create a General RPG Thread... What do you guys think?
Showing 1-3 of 3