ForumsWEPRBest form of Government

141 49291
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

What is your opinion on the best form of government?
Most of us live in a democratic society, but there are many who are of the mind of Monarchy, Communism, or otherwise..
What do you think?

• 141 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

isn't that what the tests are for? get a government brought together by people who know about what is best. (probably could have said that better, but i lack the right words now)

everyones opinion is imported, but not everyones opinion is equally worthy.

I would actually tend to agree with this point, and though we label it elitism, entrusting the voting of a government and politics and policies to every Tom **** and Harry seems at best to breed a sense of apprehension. Yet, in the end, in the name of equality and fairness, since after all, some people are smarter because they had a better education, we can't trash and smash democracy.

One person's vote does not carry more intrinsic value than another's because of factual knowledge.

I would tend to think it does. A person who knows about policies is better able to vote, and his vote holds more meaning, i.e it was made with a more level headed decision, than a person who is unaware, and votes based on hearsay.

it was indeed my idea to send people to free classes. giving everyone the option to go for the 2.0 vote if they want to.
meanwhile they educate themself about politics because they want to be heard. exactly what we want to happen.

But not everyone has the chance to go to the classes. Some people slog their socks off day and night just to survive. And what if the teachers are politically motivated? What if they are unable to possess the relevant material to educate themselves? It's hard enough getting people to educate themselves politically, and to impart the message that voting is a privilege, (do something about that responsibility!) without adding more to the mix.

i c how it's a problem in countries where education is not self-evident.
what about the countries where this is not a problem? enough left i guess...

It still is a problem even in the US, where the education system in certain areas is plain horrendous.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

It still is a problem even in the US, where the education system in certain areas is plain horrendous.

were narrowing down on countries i c. let's just say then that i would see it work in these countries. whit a average literacy rate of 98.8% and a average of 80.2% people have a high school degree. i think there is a good enough amount of education available to make it useful. the left over 1.2% i would call that individual cases that fall outside the boat. on every law there is a downside for someone. they still can vote tho.

And what if the teachers are politically motivated? What if they are unable to possess the relevant material to educate themselves?

the i-net is such a wonderful thing. ^^
71.% of the people in the above 10 countries have i-net at home.
the rest (on exception of individual cases.) are able to go online somewhere.
we only have to come up whit something for the elderly i guess...

It's hard enough getting people to educate themselves politically, and to impart the message that voting is a privilege, (do something about that responsibility!) without adding more to the mix.

maybe this adding would trigger them to actually go and do it. (thats what my bet is on)

I would tend to think it does. A person who knows about policies is better able to vote, and his vote holds more meaning, i.e it was made with a more level headed decision, than a person who is unaware, and votes based on hearsay.

i c you found the right words that i lost earlier. ^^

I would actually tend to agree with this point, and though we label it elitism,

i'm new to elitism, from the little ive readed now. it seems elitism is more like we have a set group of people that will do the voting etc. and it's hard to get in. as for the idea i had, everyone could get higher up.

after all, some people are smarter because they had a better education,

lessons and classes could be given outside the normal education system.

we can't trash and smash democracy.

but we can try to tweak it, right?

===========================
sorry for the other 2. i g2g now.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A little late, but i think a Monarchy is the way do go. Having too many people in power, who don't agree, is dangerous for a nation. It's how it's always been done, and you guys know how I like traditional things.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

but i think a Monarchy is the way do go

A monarchy is ridiculous. While I have no real problem with a single, capable, moral, good-willed person leading, there are no checks and balances to make certain such a person rules. The way power is passed on as well is stupid and ensures that some idiot eventually gets the throne.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A monarchy is ridiculous. While I have no real problem with a single, capable, moral, good-willed person leading, there are no checks and balances to make certain such a person rules. The way power is passed on as well is stupid and ensures that some idiot eventually gets the throne.
Idk, I think Clinton, Bush, and Obama were a few idiots. Also, Congress passes some stupid laws.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Idk, I think Clinton, Bush, and Obama were a few idiots. Also, Congress passes some stupid laws.

A bunch of idiots with a few clever ones amongst them is far better than being ruled by one idiot.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A bunch of idiots with a few clever ones among them is far better than being ruled by one idiot.

Still, the president is at the top. You don't think a king has advisers of any sort?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Still, the president is at the top. You don't think a king has advisers of any sort?

A king has advisors. But Congress or the House aren't just advisors, they can block the President from exercising full control, and vice versa. Both Congress and the House can pass, draft, recommend bills, something highly unlikely under an absolute monarch.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A king has advisors. But Congress or the House aren't just advisors, they can block the President from exercising full control, and vice versa. Both Congress and the House can pass, draft, recommend bills, something highly unlikely under an absolute monarch.
Valid point, but if you don't like the king, leave. I'm leaving US after college.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Valid point, but if you don't like the king, leave. I'm leaving US after college.

That makes no sense. If anything, a democracy rather than one man rule has been the norm for being pro-immigration.

Here's a list of nice countries for you to go to, after you finish college (provided you somehow can):

Swaziland
Bahrain
Kuwait
Lesotho
Morocco
Qatar
Oman
The UAE
Saudi Arabia

Because all these countries have an absolute monarch, and dismal living conditions.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

That makes no sense. If anything, a democracy rather than one man rule has been the norm for being pro-immigration.

Here's a list of nice countries for you to go to, after you finish college (provided you somehow can):

Swaziland
Bahrain
Kuwait
Lesotho
Morocco
Qatar
Oman
The UAE
Saudi Arabia

Because all these countries have an absolute monarch, and dismal living conditions.

I'll go live in the mountains somewhere. I hate people, so i can't live with them. I'm sick of mexicans and musims movin in my town, taking all the white girls. My girlfriend was hanging with some yesterday. I also hate the laws. I'm sick of this crappy world, and you wonder why I hope there's something better than this when i die?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'll go live in the mountains somewhere. I hate people, so i can't live with them. I'm sick of mexicans and musims movin in my town, taking all the white girls. My girlfriend was hanging with some yesterday. I also hate the laws. I'm sick of this crappy world, and you wonder why I hope there's something better than this when i die?

No I don't wonder. I do however think you're just a teen/youth going through his own angsty period in life. If your girl wants to spend time with others, that's not the race's problem.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

No I don't wonder. I do however think you're just a teen/youth going through his own angsty period in life. If your girl wants to spend time with others, that's not the race's problem.
I'm finishing up my sophomore year in high school without a single B, C, D, or F. I'm too smart for this world. People are just too easily brainwashed. check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2diNojgJF9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApskzEmCX9I&list=PLa8S4GilqogQILnrvxLgZREFkebrMfJ3f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApskzEmCX9I

people are stupid! They'll follow anything, they're sheep.
Nobody wants their family to be mixing with their kind.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm finishing up my sophomore year in high school without a single B, C, D, or F. I'm too smart for this world. People are just too easily brainwashed. check this out.

A 16 year old thinking he can understand the world because he passed a few tests? Sorry, you have a lot to see and learn.

For every idiotic Obama supporter, there's one idiotic opposition supporter. Turn on Fox news during the night of the 2012 election and shazam! Karl Rove is being a blattering idiot.

Does this Obama supporter reflect the entire population? Does one video prove so? If you think it did, who's the sheep here?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Mark Dice is not an obama supporter. He's making fake petitions and asking stupid people to see if they will sign it, and they do!

Showing 106-120 of 141