ForumsThe TavernRavens destroy the 49'rs.

15 2782
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Well, not really destroyed, but it was a good game, and the 49'rs might have won if they called that holding at the end.

Discuss what you thought of the Super Bowl this year.

~~~Darth Caedus

• 15 Replies
Squidbears
Squidbears
627 posts
Nomad

If the 9ers played like they did in the brief stint where they scored 2 touchdowns in like 3 minutes for the entire game, one of the teams would have actually been destroyed. I was rooting for San Fran... twas a good game though.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Man... I thought after that little comeback they had they would win. :P But it was a very close game. Not exactly "destroyed" either xD

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

woot. The manatee was right again!

it chose super bowl winners 5 years in a row before this...

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

...the 49'rs might have won if they called that holding at the end.

I'm not really a huge sports fan, but recently I am beginning to see officiating as just another part of the game. I'm starting to clump a bad call in the same category as a lucky bounce, a player stripping on their own foot, and all the other random/luck aspects of the game.

Along the same vein, the power outage really destroyed the Ravens momentum. Now that seems really unfair for a team that was dominating in the first half be stopped cold by such an unusual occurrence. But really unforeseen events are just part of the game. The power outage not much different from an unexpected fumble, interception, or dropped passed.

So I clump the call with the outage and call it part of the game. I feel like the bad call negates what happened earlier in the outage. So one could say that the game was lost because of the call, but if the Ravens lost I bet the outage would be blamed. It's just the probability of the game to me with my current mindset.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

...stripping on their own foot.

*tripping lol my bad.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was rooting for them since the beginning of the season. They were ready.

Anyway, the game seemed to move really fast during the first half, and I nearly fell asleep during the second half. The second half seemed to make the Ravens (and me) half asleep, while the 49ers used that time to build up their defense and strategize a bit more.

What was with the 49er's idea to rush EVERY SINGLE PLAY during the first half? Can you say, duh? I mean, the Raven's defensive line was good, I get that, but it was slow! Why didn't the QB pass instead of rush? They didn't get anywhere rushing! Along that note, I heard one of the announcers say that "the 49ers powered their way through the first half." Uh, how much ground did they make? None?

Jacoby Jones should have MVP just for that 109 return. Didn't he also get another TD too? I mean, I think Rice played more than Flacco that game, and he was also the guy to rack up 28 points. All Flacco did was hold off the 49ers during the second half, which he didn't do very well. Plus their rookie kicker, man! He's a fantastic kicker for a rookie!

The power outage was just a fail for the Ravens a blessing for the 49ers, and the commercials weren't great.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

the 49'rs might have won if they called that holding at the end.

Or if they had run Gore run up the middle...
Jacoby Jones should have MVP just for that 109 return.

108 for those of us that actually listen the whole game.
He's a fantastic kicker for a rookie!

Cough, Vikings, Cough.
The power outage was just a fail for the Ravens a blessing for the 49ers, and the commercials weren't great.

The NFC West plays from behind. Seattle (honestly the same setup as 49ers in every way) came back against the Falcons, though lost, and came back against the Redskins. Also the 49ers came back against the Falcons. I think the game would have played out the same without the power outage. Also, the Tide commercial was the best.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

108 for those of us that actually listen the whole game.

Hey now. 10:30 is late for a kid who gets up at 5 every morning.

Cough, Vikings, Cough.

Satanic! The Vikings are satanic! Their name shan't be spoken of in this forum!

The NFC West plays from behind. Seattle (honestly the same setup as 49ers in every way) came back against the Falcons, though lost, and came back against the Redskins. Also the 49ers came back against the Falcons. I think the game would have played out the same without the power outage.

Yeah, I thought about this a lot, but not so much that the NFC West plays better after getting beat down, but because the 49ers have a bit more spirit. I mean, you could look at the Ravens and tell they were exhausted. Kaepernick (or whatever) seemed to keep that arm of his going from start to finish.

Also, the Tide commercial was the best.

Agreed.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Hey now. 10:30 is late for a kid who gets up at 5 every morning.

They said it during the power outage I believe. It was at least before 10 pm.
The Vikings are satanic!

*Comment censored* Not cuss word though.
Kaepernick (or whatever)

I don't like Kaepernick. Rest of the team is OK.

Also, what do you guys think of the fight? I thought someone (probably at least 1 from each side) should have gotten ejected from the game.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

They said it during the power outage I believe. It was at least before 10 pm.

Must have missed it then.

*Comment censored* Not cuss word though.

But they are!

I don't like Kaepernick. Rest of the team is OK.

He has a different way of doing things (e.g. rushing EVERY PLAY even when it wouldn't work), but he seemed to get the job done in most areas. Oh, and what was with that tongue licking?

Also, what do you guys think of the fight? I thought someone (probably at least 1 from each side) should have gotten ejected from the game.

Whoops. Forgot about that. I actually thought it was funny, but I didn't consider it serious enough to eject anyone.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Oh, and what was with that tongue licking?

You mean licking your hands? Lots of QBs do that. Not that weird.
I actually thought it was funny, but I didn't consider it serious enough to eject anyone.

I thought if anyone it should have been the Ravens guy that ran into the ref. Need to protect the refs.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You mean licking your hands? Lots of QBs do that. Not that weird.

I thought he did it a bit excessively, Lol. I don't know - maybe I just see him as being weirder than what he really is.

I thought if anyone it should have been the Ravens guy that ran into the ref. Need to protect the refs.

Hatin' the Ravens? Kidding. But wasn't he pushed? While I agree the Ravens guy started it, it looked like he was pushed back a bit.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

While discussing stuff about the game, how about how the ref called interference with the kicker even though the player hit him after the kick was made. (The one that originally missed to the left)

~~~Darth Caedus

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

how about how the ref called interference with the kicker even though the player hit him after the kick was made.

I did not really see it so I cannot say if it was running into the kicker or roughing the kicker. I just have to trust the refs made the right call.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It was running into the kicker. Kickers are taught to you know, flop. Act like they're hit hard but they're really not.

Showing 1-15 of 15