ForumsForum GamesThe children of yggdrasil (based off the hit destroy game)

97 18893
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

in norse mythology, the yggdrasil is said to be the tree of life to the entire world. because of this, dark creatures have been trying to destroy it since the beginning of time, and only once has the tree been close to dying. this is the story of that one event, the one that almost brought the end of the world. you are a member of one of the villages that live close to the roots of this great tree, and it is your time to rise up to your destiny, and protect the tree from sure destruction.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Class: (warrior, mage, theif)
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:none
Team members: (this is for when you join up with other players. this will happen later)

I will allow about 7 people to join. post your character sheet to join. later in the game I will add sub classes based on your skill set.

-Blade

• 97 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Talow Rosine
Class: Mage
-----
HP:98/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

he is now on the ground without his sword. if you're going to make a devastating blow, now is the time.
------------------------------------------------
Name: Titus Swyft
Class: Thief
-----
XP: 4/10
HP: 91/100
-----
Money: 10
Inventory: Bow and Quiver, Elder's Supplies, Pack, Waterskin, Dried meats, Bandit knife, Decent Leather Armor
Team members:
Abilities: Hawk Shot (Auto Crit w/Bow)

(there is a sleep system that heals all wounds and ailments, but if done on the road, you have a higher chance of encountering unfriendlies) with that done, you start to see the end of the forest. knugorum is close. suddenly, you hear a noise, and a warrior is right behind you!
-------------------------------

Name:Vekel, the Undying
Class: warrior
-----
-----
Inventory:Elder's Sword, Scimitar, Basic Armor
Team Members:
Abilities:
Destructive Blow I (175% damage)

a guard comes out and says, "he is here, but he only talks to the champions of the arena. sign-up is inside."
------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Class: Warrior
-----
HP:85/100
-----
Money: 20
Inventory: Village Sword (2-4 Damage), Armor (Patchwork), Bag of Meat, Wolf Pelt, Waterskin
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)

you are close to knugorum, but up ahead appears to be a bowman, and a tough one at that. he's noticed you!
------------------------------------------

Name: Kristina Ludmilla Carter
-----
-----
Team members:

you go into an open area, and the announcer yells something about a tournament, and then tells everyone to wait in their cells until they are called.

-Blade

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

also, with gem and epic leaving, I will need to find people to replace them. if you find people who want a position, then tell them to post a char sheet.

-Blade

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Team members:

I head back to my cell then...

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack 1

"Why did you attack me?" I knock his sword farther away and stay slightly back from him, alert in case he tries any dirty tricks...

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Inventory: Bow and Quiver, Elder's Supplies, Pack, Waterskin, Dried meats, Bandit knife, Decent Leather Armor
Team members:

I whip around, knocking an arrow to my bow in the same smooth movement. "Friend or foe?" Then, upon hearing his request, I release the tension on my bow, keeping the arrow knocked. Then I say, "I think we're close. I've never traveled this way before, however. Say, you're not a bandit, are you? Because then I'd have to kill you, and that would be unfortunate."

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

-----
-----
Team members:

the gong rings, and your name is announced. the opponent is already waiting for you, and boy does he look mean.
----------------------------------------------------------

-----
-----
Inventory: Village Sword (2-4 Damage), Armor (Patchwork), Bag of Meat, Wolf Pelt, Waterskin
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)
Team Members: Titus Swyft

-----
-----
Team members: Kenji

(you have joined eachother's party) after getting your bearings, you head down the road to knugorum, and you see it in the distance, next to the sea, and the smell of salt clings heavily to the air.
------------------------------------------------------
-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack 1

he surrenders. "I was told there was a bounty on your head. I saw the wanted poster, and about 5000 gold pieces were being offered. you looked weak, so I misjudged you, and now here I am, with my body on the ground, and a mage pointing his staff at my face. if you want proof, the poster is in yngsvark, not too far from here." he gets up, takes his sword, and walks away without a word.

non-lethality bonus: +5xp
-------------------------------------

with that, it is updated. the game can still play out, but for the full effect, I need another mage, and thief, to join. if you guys know anybody who comes on rather constantly, and would like to join, then tell them to contact me.

-Blade

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

Hey, Kenji, I'm Titus Swyft. (The bowman you just met). Alright, now I guess we travel to Knugorum, keeping watch for ambush as we go.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-----
XP:5/10
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack 1

"Lovely..." I start my journey towards the town I was heading towards again.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Team members:

I take up a defensive stance and get ready to block or dodge any attacks sent my way.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Heard you needed another player.

Name: Jack T. Riper
Class: theif
-----
-----
Team members:

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

-----
-----
Team Members: Titus Swyft

-----
-----

just as the two of you get acquainted, a black smoke comes down from the sky, and within it appears a massive fireball with a demonic screech. from the fireball appears what looks like a man with purple hair, and a black robe. "you two are comming with me," the assailant announces

New Enemy: Warlock(40hp)
Exp: 15
Abilities: Strike, Fireball, Reversal, Bind
--------------------------------------------------------

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack 1

as you walk, you see a signpost, and a fork in the road. one leads to a place known as serrato's rest, and the other is yngsvark.
---------------------------

-----
-----
Team members:

he comes down hard on your shield, which cracks it down the middle. he does look a little dazed from the impact, though. now's your best shot to hit back.
-----------------------------

-----
-----
Team members:

(I'm going to start you off already in the town of knugorum. inside the prison) "HEY INMATE!" you're awoken suddenly by a heavy strike to your skull. "it is time for your execution. this time, you won't escape."

-Blade

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Team members:

I use my...undefined weapon to sweep the champion off his feet. If it's a sharp weapon, I put it to his neck. If it's blunt, I whack him across the head a couple times,

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

-----
Team members:

he comes down hard on your shield, which cracks it down the middle. he does look a little dazed from the impact, though. now's your best shot to hit back.
-----------------------------

-----
-----
Team members:

That is one hell of a starting post.

Lets tackle him to the ground and knock him out, then duct tape his mouth shut, Steal his clothes and give him the inmate clothes. Then bag his head still duct taped and wake him. Drag him to the execution spot...

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Coming with you? I think not". I shoot him with Hawk Shot and get behind cover.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack 1.

Let's tap the sign post to see if anything interesting happens. if not, off to what's probably a trap in "yngsvark,"

Showing 76-90 of 97