ForumsForum GamesPower of the Shards(Epic Strategy-Based RPG)

4 2335
mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

This war takes place Centuries ago.It all started because of...him...Once,there was a curious man named Ion.He was a professional in science and usually sided with logic.He was a very oblivious man,though.He didn't even notice magic was all around him.There were Necromancers,Water elementals,and so many more around him,yet he never even bothered to wonder,"Does magic exist?"One day,he was studying rocks,minerals, and different ores he'd never seen before.He came into contact with a mysterious looking crystal and extracted it from the cavern he was studying.He took it back to his laboratory and began analyzing it.He noticed it glowed with a mysterious gas.He'd studied the gas more and learned it was called aura.It blew his mind.It defied all of his logic and science.He soon went insane and lost his mind.He'd torn up his laboratory and threw everything everywhere.Like a 3 year old having a tantrum.When he came into contact with the crystal,he'd begun to float.He realized that these shards had extraordinary powers.Soon,word got around swiftly.He'd gotten into a couple of fights,getting mugged in the streets,being tossed around by thugs,etc. Thanks to those,people starting believing the rumors that these mysterious shards have power.Soon,everyone was swallowed by their own greed and would kill to get those crystals.Now,there are wars starting everywhere,the world is now thrown in chaos.Will you save this chaotic wasteland,or embrace it and control it with tyranny and power?

Sheet:

NameAnything)
GenderM or F)
AgeBetween 14-35)
DescWhat you look like)
BackstoryOptional;Can possibly effect you in the game)
Inventory:None(Miscellaneous items on you)
Item 1What you're wielding in your hand)
Item 2What you're wielding in your other hand)
Armor:None(Armor such as chestplates,helms,etc.)
Powers/Abilities:None(For now...)
Hunger:100%(Will gradually deplete little by little)
Thirst:100%(Will gradually deplete little by little)
Allies/Group:None(Allies that assist you in battle and other in-game events)
Current objective:None(Your current goal)

Please feel free to suggest something.If you feel something is missing,or would like to give me feedback,that is well appreciated.

One more thing:

Every decisions counts.

• 4 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

One quick question: can our allies be other players? Just curious :P

Oh wait another. Are we just assumed to be...arcane fighters of some sort? Or are there classes?

I'll give it a whirl, but I may lose interest, just as a heads up. Hopefully I won't, and I'll try to stay in.

Name: Anthony Durante
Desc: Wavy brown, shoulder length hair, light blue eyes, well-fit, medium build
Backstory: Born during a raid on his family's home to obtain an allegedly possessed crystal, Anthony started off in a rough spot. His mother kept him held tight, fleeing from the home she had borne the child in, while the father stayed behind to distract the muggers. The father, Stark, was never to be seen again. His mother, Gloria, took as best the care she could alone, raising him to be a responsible man who cared deeply for the friends he had made while growing up. His determination and honesty led others to trust his thoughts and actions. After the dramatic entry into life, Anthony had had no real problems while growing up. However, upon turning 20, he decided to venture out on his own in search of his father. He knew the chances were slim, but he had some feeling, maybe simply hope, that his father had survived the day he protected he and his mother. It has been three years since then.
Inventory:None
Item 1:
Item 2:
Armor:None
Powers/Abilities:None
Hunger:100%
Thirst:100%
Allies/Group:None
Current objective:None

Also, assuming nothing in our hands yet?

mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

Backstory: Born during a raid on his family's home to obtain an allegedly possessed crystal, Anthony started off in a rough spot. His mother kept him held tight, fleeing from the home she had borne the child in, while the father stayed behind to distract the muggers. The father, Stark, was never to be seen again. His mother, Gloria, took as best the care she could alone, raising him to be a responsible man who cared deeply for the friends he had made while growing up. His determination and honesty led others to trust his thoughts and actions. After the dramatic entry into life, Anthony had had no real problems while growing up. However, upon turning 20, he decided to venture out on his own in search of his father. He knew the chances were slim, but he had some feeling, maybe simply hope, that his father had survived the day he protected he and his mother. It has been three years since then.
Item 1:
Item 2:

Players can be allies when they meet.I didn't intend to have classes like my other games,since they start to get complicated,but I might integrate them into the game if others also request them.

You awaken in the middle of a dark barrack.It contains two large rectangular windows that sunlight leaks through.You begin to wonder in your head things like,"What happened?".Soon,you hear a rumbling noise and feel a gigantic vibration through the area,like an earthquake of some sort.You look outside,and see multiple tanks,men with guns,and much,much more.Then, out of nowhere a soldier runs up to you and says,"What're you doin' kid? Get your shard on!" He then tosses you a shard emitting a blueish-white aura...

mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

REVIVAL!I don't want this thread to die! DX

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hey, just post on my profile if I start missing updates, like I did this time :P

Item 1:
Item 2:

I take the the shard in hand, and decide to follow the soldier and help. Best to ask questions later to avoid wasting time. However, not having extensive knowledge on shards, I have no idea what this particular one does, if they are specific in nature at all. I decide to try testing it on the way to the looming battle.

Showing 1-4 of 4