ForumsWEPRAtheist or Agnostic?

25 12822
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

So recently I've been kinda confused about whether I'm atheist or agnostic. I don't believe that there's a god, but maybe I don't know. I think if there is a god though that he doesn't have a personality more of like the universe( or more who know what's beyond the universe if anything) is a god of sorts in a broad definition.

So my question is am I agnostic or atheist?

• 25 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

OK But probably only one Church is true and all the other churches will be wrong and that one church members will be the only one that will go tto the best heaven.

What are you basing this probability on? The possibility remains that none of them are true.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

That is one possibility there is many possibilities But like I said if One day we go all go to the next life probably only one religion would be right.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

One day we go all go to the next life probably only one religion would be right.

You're still asserting that one must be correct and that there is a next life.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

OK Im Just saying that there is probably a afterlife and if there is many religion and all have different ideas that one of the ideas will be right and the rest will be wrong.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

OK But probably only one Church is true and all the other churches will be wrong and that one church members will be the only one that will go tto the best heaven.

Actually, by this logic, it's pointless to be religious. There are so many different religions and beliefs, if you assume all have the same chance of being valid, your chances of following the right religion are so close to zero it would be like winning the lottery. That's only if one of the religions out there is even right to begin with.

We have no evidence that there is anything like a soul or something that moves on after death. Thus, it is almost certain that when you die, you're dead.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

OK Im Just saying that there is probably a afterlife

You have nothing to base this claim on. Provide evidence.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

OK Im Just saying that there is probably a afterlife and if there is many religion and all have different ideas that one of the ideas will be right and the rest will be wrong.

For it to be probable we would first need evidence indicating something of our self continues after we die. At present we have no such evidence and what evidence we do have of the state of death and all thing we tend to associate with a soul indicates these are nothing but properties produced by physical elements of our body.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Wow that was cold.

Well I think that everyone thinks that there is an After Life if you look at most big civilizations they had an afterlife in their religion. This is because the Human mind can not think of an end to life so they think that we will live for ever.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Well I think that everyone thinks that there is an After Life

I don't. I think it would be nice, depending on which form, but I don't think one exists. Same thing goes for many others.

if you look at most big civilizations they had an afterlife in their religion.

People don't want to die.

This is because the Human mind can not think of an end to life

I can think of an end to life. It's called nothing.

so they think that we will live for ever.

No. You shouldn't think that you'll live forever if there's literally no reason to. Body stops working, person is dead. No evidence for further living. End of story.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well I think that everyone thinks that there is an After Life if you look at most big civilizations they had an afterlife in their religion.

Since most did that would indicate some did not, which would go against your statement of everyone thinking there is an afterlife. Also like Kasic I don't think there is one either.
Showing 16-25 of 25