ForumsWEPR{Intolerant}If Athiests and Homosexuals expect us Christians to be tolerant of them, how come they arent tole...

67 40425
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are. we just believe it's wrong. But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

• 67 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Well one thing that you probably did not know about is that one day the mediterranean sea overflowed and that was probably where Noah lived then he was probably thought the world was flooding.

1) The Bible portrays it as a literal world event. EVERYTHING died except what was on the ark or could swim.
2) Two of every type of animal could not fit on the ark along with food for forty days.

I'm not getting into the almost infinite list of how Noah's ark did not happen. Did a flood happen somewhere? Probably. Did a bunch of animals get loaded onto a boat? No.

We can take it to the Theism vs Atheism thread if you want to hear more.
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

The OP and all later posts on this thread by pballaddict are works of complete demagoguery. For a start, you claim to represent Christianity. Then you say that you cannot answer for anything done by Christians that is not strictly within the lines of your definition of "tolerance". Then you say that homosexuals are being intolerant.
So, you are effectively interchanging the word "homosexual" with "gay extremist". Essentially, you are saying that fundamentalist Christians are not Christian, whereas tolerant gays (e.g. the vast majority) don't count. So you're saying that a certain group of Christians (quite possibly fundamentalist) are being targeted by a small group of gays.
In short, a gay pride parade in a devout Christian community means that all homosexuals hate all Christians.
This is just a feeble attempt to mask the fact that you are yourself intolerant and cannot stand anyone who thinks otherwise, isn't it? Your hateful beliefs are seeping through.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

In the OP he seemed to be asking why Atheists might rail against religion.
Let's have a look at the past couple of months.
What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 3 (January/February 2013)
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

[url=http://http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismmyths/a/denial.htm]

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

[url=http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JgpARGvBnc]

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Not sure why you linked the article, pball. Link Fix.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Im not that handy with links obviously.
And look at both please.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Link Fix 2.

Didn't bother to check if they were two different links, just thought you tried to fix it.

Again, why did you link the article/video? Simply giving links is spam.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Have you looked at them? especially the video.
And I just said, I'm not handy with links.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Have you looked at them? especially the video.
And I just said, I'm not handy with links.

I have. Now tell us why you linked them. You must have had a reason, otherwise it is simply spam. We can plainly draw our own conclusions from them but that is irrelevant for the moment because you basically threw an apple on the table in the middle of a debate and now everyone is staring at it and waiting for you to say why you did that.
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

To assist with the argument of my side, with you guys trying to disprove my belief.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

To assist with the argument of my side, with you guys trying to disprove my belief.

Okay, I'm getting tired of trying to drag this out of you.

What is the argument you are trying to make by linking that article and youtube clip?

We also aren't trying to disprove your belief in religion, we're arguing that Christians are not tolerant of homosexuals/atheists, that homosexual pride parads and such are not being intolerant of Christians, that arguing and making Christians provide proof for their claims is not insulting them, and that not all atheists or homosexuals by any means are out to destroy Christianity.
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Nahhhhh don't go there, you guys are the ones that changed the subject to a debate about Christianity.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Nahhhhh don't go there, you guys are the ones that changed the subject to a debate about Christianity.

Well, message me when you decide to stop trying to evade everything. It's pretty clear you have absolutely nothing to say or you would have said it by now. All you do is post vague statements that masquerade as questions and arguments. They don't move the conversation anywhere.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

@pballaddict

I'm not really sure how the first link helps what you're trying to say in any way. As for your second link, it's false. Einstein never did this.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

You started this thread saying how atheists/homosexuals aren't tolerant of Christianity while Christians are oh so innocent. This was being refuted.
Now to be fair there are Christians who are tolerant. The thing is there are plenty who aren't and plenty who try to force their beliefs on others. This is where the backlash comes into play.

It's like religion never learned to play well with others.

Other kids (atheists/homosexuals etc.): Let's play ball.
Rich (religion):No, I don't like ball.
Other kids: Okay (they go off to play ball)
Rich: (Runs over, grabs the ball and kicks it over the fence) Stop playing ball! I don't like ball!
Other kids: (Get mad at Rich for ruining their game)
Rich: (runs away) I'm telling you're picking on me!
Rich: (while telling on the other kids about how mean they were also tries to make a rule so that no one is allowed to play ball)

That's pretty much religion being the "victim" here.
Showing 46-60 of 67