ForumsPopular MediaLinkin Park

16 12526
joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

so this is the official thread for Linkin Park. What do you think about them? Do you think they were better before or better now? Whats your favorite song by them. etc....

• 16 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Definitely better before. They made nu metal listenable and radio friendly. Now they're just sad folk trying desperately to join the "I'm going artistic" club, sprinkled with some music videos spiced with flashy CG effects to dazzle us.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

They were once passable with a couple of truly worthwhile songs, now they're really really generic.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Great great great... I have liked them since I was a little kid... One of my favorites ;D

tkmax2499
tkmax2499
12 posts
Nomad

Love Linkin Park I think first 3 albums were great. A Thousand Suns was a bit of a let down but from what I've heard, the new album is good

arcticwolf33
arcticwolf33
485 posts
Nomad

Linkin Park is by far my favorite band. Their best album is definitely Living Things.

joshuawgner55
joshuawgner55
18 posts
Shepherd

i love in the end

Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

I can't be called a fan of Linkin Park, but I admire a lot of songs by them, such as Burn it Down, Numb, New Divide, In The End and many others. Also, I gotta agree with some of you, they were much better in the past.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Their best album is definitely Living Things.

An opinion I suppose ._.

Anyways I liked Linkin Park back in their earlier days. Their first albums were really good and it wasn't so generic and mainstream like now. I don't have much else to say about them but just that I don't listen to them anymore.
Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Hybrid Theory is my favorite album ever. It's just that I like every song from that album, that's not easy to do, so many songs so different and so good.

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

I don't like them, it's not my kind of music though, that could be it...

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I think to me they've been good the whole time still getting better

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Linkin Park was better before. My favorite song by them is One Step Closer

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I remember they did some songs for the modern-day Medal of Honor games (2010 and Warfighter).

But:

The Catalyst (2010) > House of Glass (Warfighter)

Momoguyden
Momoguyden
6 posts
Nomad

Definitely better before. They made nu metal listenable and radio friendly. Now they're just sad folk trying desperately to join the "I'm going artistic" club, sprinkled with some music videos spiced with flashy CG effects to dazzle us.

Indeed!!
I love this band most specially the song "NUMB"... somehow, they become one of the bands who makes senseless songs..
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Oh man, Linkin Park brings back memories :P. I agree with the most of you, they were much better back then.. I would have to say Minutes To Midnight was my favorite.

Hands Held High> any of the songs on the new album (yes I listened to it)

Showing 1-15 of 16