ForumsForum GamesDepths of Space [RPG]

42 7536
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

They were right. They were right all along. The "hippies", the "scaremongers", all of them were right. Climate change proved to be no sham. Within 120 years, the Earth went from 70% water to 85%. Some took to boats. Some stayed on land. It became clear that the only solution lay in space. You were one of those picked to live aboard the ship.
All of humanity's best and brightest took to these ships. Yours set off for Sirius. Today, you have woken up.
Character sheet:
Name:
Armour: 10/10
Position: [this should be something like Engineer, Medic, etc.]
Bio: [be reasonable and include why you got on]
Personality:
Appearance:
Perks: [only one perk]
Extras: [something like a cybernetic implant to increase your strength]
Equipment: Cryosuit
Inventory: [no weapons, etc. and 2 things of your choice. These will be in a locker next to you, not with you]
Company: [blank]
Fill out the sheet, delete the stuff in [] brackets and I'll give you a scenario. I might give you a group of scenarios. Heck, you could even suggest one and if it's good enough I'll give it to you.
RULES:
1) If you read this, put "keeps a purple goldfish" in your bio.
2) No cursing, flaming or explicit content.
3) No making up your outcomes.
4) No one-liners.
5) Don't do stupid stuff, you'll probably die.
6) Disregard rule one and instead write "likes trains" in the bio.
7) While you can interact with other players, don't try to kill them without a good reason. This will be provided by me.
8) The ship is piloted by an AI. You may pilot the ship, though you may find craft which you can pilot.
9) The cake may or mat not be a lie.
(10) There are no more rules.

• 42 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I forgot to mention what you actually do. The reason you are woken up is because a mysterious alien ship has just docked with yours... or it could be asteroids, berserk robots, even dark forces... first five people to sign up get to choose the first round!

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt (Friends call him Chuck)
Health: 100/100
Position: Rifleman (not a marksman)
Bio: Charlie was part of the military, a private, when he was recruited. He came from a middle class family. He's got some experience from holding down insurgents in the Middle-East however.
Personality: Good-natured, analytic, easily-angered
Appearance: Black hair, blue skin, pale skin, 5'9, scrawny build
Perks: Analytic intelligence (psychological, weapon or body part's use, etc.)
Extras: If just implants, something that can tap into information stores about certain items, people, and species.
Inventory: No misc. items please
Company:

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Bio: Charlie was part of the military, a private, when he was recruited. He came from a middle class family. He's got some experience from holding down insurgents in the Middle-East however.

Extras: If just implants, something that can tap into information stores about certain items, people, and species.
Company:

You wake up in a strange glass pod. Some sort of glass rectangle is whining next to you. As you come to your senses you peer at it. It says:
WARNING
INTRUDERS ABOARD SHIP
RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE EVACUATION OF POD
INTRUDERS CLOSE BY
TAKE DOOR "C"
You then hear a loud "thunk" noise, a crack and a scream.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Company:

I attempt to exit the glass pod and cautiously investigate the scream. I will attempt to do this in a stealthy style, so these intruders won't f*** my day up.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Woops. Sorry, I'm juggling with RPG's off site that allow cursing. I did not remember your no cursing policy until immediately after I posted.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Company:
You notice a stream of blood emerging from door "B". Looking in, you find a group of strange creatures looking through the room about the cryopod, which is cracked open and leaking blood. Your implants suggest they sense heat; your cryosuit must have kept you cold.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, 5'9, scrawny build
Company:

Let's keep it that way then. Not going to try to sneak past them though. I make my way to door C, the door the dashboard was talking about.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: darek Zangzilagits (called Zarzog, and will be adressed as Zarzog in this game unless computerized)
Position: heavy infantry NO ARTILLARY
Bio: the island i was on was destroyed. it came down to just about a 20 square foot patch of land and i needed to get into space. so i did, with my purple goldfish that likes trains.
Personality: smooth, easily-enraged (next step up from anger), abilties to think through tough situations
Appearance: slicked-back dark brown hair, 180 pounds, average muscles, little fat.
Perks: extreme marksmenship (aiming)
Extras: an extremely powerful eye peice that works as a voiced-commanded binoculars and can be used to shoot a weapon at long range with. has varible zooms
Inventory: 1. a large rock that is throwable but heavy. maybe about 20 pounds 2. rope (preferably 20 feet)
Company:

please note this is my first RPG i have ever played in these forums.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Company:
A few seconds later you hear the aliens come marching into your room. The dashboard is torn out with a crack and sparks fly everywhere, one catching on your suit. One of them notices the seemingly floating spark and comes after you.

Name: Darek Zangzilagits (called Zarzog, and will be addressed as Zarzog in this game unless computerized)
Position: heavy infantry
Bio: the island I was on was destroyed. It came down to just about a 20 square foot patch of land and I needed to get into space.
Personality: smooth, easily-enraged (next step up from anger), able to think through tough situations
Appearance: slicked-back dark brown hair, 180 pounds, average muscles, little fat.
Perks: extreme marksmanship (aiming)
Extras: an extremely powerful eye piece that works as a voiced-commanded binoculars and can be used to shoot a weapon at long range with. has variable zooms
Inventory: 1. a large rock weighing approximately 20 pounds, 20 feet of rope
Company:
You wake up to a glass door. The door opens and you fall out, painfully. When you regain control of your arm, you notice a fairly large locker below your (vertical, keep this in mind) pod. It contains a large rock (perhaps 20 pounds) and about 20 feet of rope. 30 meters from you, seemingly not noticing, is a tall, slimy, spiky brown figure.
To clarify, I decide the outcome of your actions while you decide what said actions are. I also trimmed down your character sheet, removing some unnecessary details (preferably 20 feet, NOT ARTILLERY [this is a spacecraft], etc.).

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Darek Zangzilagits (called Zarzog, and will be addressed as Zarzog in this game unless computerized)
Bio: the island I was on was destroyed. It came down to just about a 20 square foot patch of land and I needed to get into space.
Personality: smooth, easily-enraged (next step up from anger), able to think through tough situations
Extras: an extremely powerful eye piece that works as a voiced-commanded binoculars and can be used to shoot a weapon at long range with. has variable zooms
Inventory: 1. a large rock weighing approximately 20 pounds, 20 feet of rope
Company:

i would like to observe the slimy spiky figure standing 30 meters from me. to do so i will zoom my eyepiece in 30 meters.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Inventory: a large rock weighing approximately 20 pounds, 20 feet of rope
Company:
On closer inspection, it reveals itself to have some sort of hi-tech sidearm, fairly simple in construction but very dangerous indeed. Its skin looks fairly soft, however.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Company:

I don't remember having invisibility capabilities. Eh, let's just go with it.

I move my body so that the spark simply falls off. If the alien is unconvinced, I move to a place that would break his line of vision on me.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Company:
You don't. The ice from the cryopod kept you cool (the aliens see by infrared/heat) but the spark made it obvious to it that something was there. It moves into the corridor as you feel your body start to warm up...

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Nameerreck Whitefort
Position: Medic
Bio: The ship needed some great medics, so I was chosen to aboard the ship
Personality: Serius, a great helper in tough situations.
Appearance: short black hair, blue eyes,only 25 years old and already got the title medic
Perks: know everything about medic
Extras: an ear piece that can store stuff such as names but the important one is it can tell what kind of pain a patient is having.
Inventory: 1. A notebook and a pen
Company:

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Derreck Whitefort
Position: Medic
Bio: The ship needed some great medics, so I was chosen to board the ship.
Personality: serious, a great helper in tough situations.
Appearance: short black hair, blue eyes,only 25 years old and already got the title medic
Perks: know everything about medicine
Extras: an ear piece that can store stuff such as names but the important one is it can tell what kind of pain a patient is having.
Inventory: a notebook and a pen
Company:
Having been woken up some time earlier to check on the Cryo situation in sector D-G-4, you are somewhat surprised when you discover 20 or so of the Cryopods open, their contents strewn about the ship. The lockers have also been gutted. Suddenly, your earpiece picks up a strange presence near the shattered pods.

To anyone else joining, I'd like to point out that a non-military occupation can be very useful in certain circumstances. If everyone plays as a soldier, the ship might well explode due to a severe asteroid collision, so don't all pick military jobs. I might even have to limit the number of military personnel.

Showing 1-15 of 42