ForumsForum GamesBronze Labrynth [RPG]

368 80157
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

First and foremost, No swearing or anything inappropriate, Really, its not much to ask.

Bronze Labyrinth

Your are a robot, epicene (genderless) in most cases, vaguely humanoid, large dextrous hands and feet with rubber grip, smooth bronze skin with small gaps at joints revealing a black clockwork like interior, riddled with wires. You have blue lights representing eyes, your actual vision comes from a small black camera on your forehead. You have a small slit for a mouth which can speak in a basic CPU Language.
You are not water-proof, you must sleep an hour every once in a while for self repair on small things inside your body such as artificial metal muscles and internal leaks of Pnuema (your life-blood)

You are a puzzle bot, designed following regulations to enter the competition.
'Bronze Labyrinth' the first robot to reach the end of the trapped maze wins its owner millions of dollars and fame as a technician. But all you are aware of is that you must finish the labyrinth. Your life will be complete if you do. Friendships, Alliances may be made, but when you and they stands at the exit gate, it is free-for-all.

Name : (E.G. Cognizant1, Primus, Septimus, Torren)
Styling : Do you have fake hair? A different eye color? Perhaps you are embellished with a strange alphabet you cannot read (English, Japanese, Etc), painted, Are your proportionally different? (Appearing more male of female)
Ability1 : Faster repair (30 minute sleep), Water Proof, Hand Contact-Tazer (effects traps and other competitors), Extra pair of arms, Enhanced Speed (Jumping, dodging, etc)
Ability2 : Key-Type-1, Key-Type-2, Water-Proof, Trap-Awareness (it only makes sense when it happens), Metal-Metabolism (Eat broken trap fragments and metal units to heal.)
HP ; 100/100
Inflictions : Recently-Rebooted (Wares off eventually, disables some powers)

• 368 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name : 6lad B0y
Styling : A shiny robot with four arms and a wound on the right side of his torso.
Ability1 :Extra pair of arms,
Ability2 : Metal-Metabolism
HP ; 50/100
Inflictions : Temporarily enhanced healing
Metal bits : 27
Invent : Type-1 Key, Type-2 Key, Third end key, 1 Dead L0-mundr, Neo-Trident, L0-Mundr bane, Left Serpent-Fangsaw (chainsaw)

(The snake corpse is still there, I suppose.)

You return to the bit shop, Iris has a hand over her/his/its mouth staring at 3V1l. "Oh..." The shopkeeper says. "Do you mean to sell him? ah, It..." He asked strangely.

Name : Eazilrym
Styling : Kinda dented in places, also rusty.
Ability1 : Hand Contact-Tazer
HP ; 77/100
Inflictions : +5/10 Insta-Repair
Invent : 11 darts, bronze dart shuttler

You but the creature several times and seem to send it into some in-active, unconsciousness your databases supply the term.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 77/100

Are there any paths I can take?

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Styling : A shiny robot with four arms and a wound on the right side of his torso.
HP ; 50/100
Invent : Type-1 Key, Type-2 Key, Third end key, 1 Dead L0-mundr, Neo-Trident, L0-Mundr bane, Left Serpent-Fangsaw (chainsaw)

Iris nodded.
The shopkeeper took 3V1l and placed him just before the pit. He pushed him in, and the shop-keeper seemed to flinch away as sparks flew out of the bin. "Suppose he will be reborn as something else..." He mumbled.
"Don't freak out, I have to look at you properly..." The voice has given up its slightly electronic fuzz, and the words seemed to follow a slightly more random pattern, lingering on words for nanoseconds more for no apparent reason.
The shopkeeper extended to its full height, torso straight up, the tank part gripped the earth, its wheels becoming all but hidden beneath silver metal, as the hull lowered down. The chest of the robot opened with a cliche Hisss and out hopped a short, thin human, he wore what looked somewhere between a grey swimsuit and a space-suit stripped of all technology.
He has dark green eyes and light brown hair, which contrasted with his pale skin. "The name is Max Welkin." He said, he hopped down from the side of the tank with a monkey-ish grace. He held a small grey metal rectangle which seemed to emit an aura preventing you from doing anything violent, at least, in Max's direction.

HP ; 77/100

(X-3)(X-6)

You can return to the molten-metal pool, south. You can go into the unknown west and east, north seems a-bit dense but still doable, though you don't expect anything that way.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 77/100

I'm going to head north keeping an eye on my old friend (sarcasm).

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(Carl?

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

It seems to delete the rest of my post if I add parenthesis... the post took some time to write...sigh. I suppose this is just a chance to give you a choice if Max does actually check your mind or not.

HP ; 50/100

Max steps towards you. He realize the non-violence virus being aired could easily be destroyed in a single thought. "Can I check your inner-memory bank? Are you sentient? If you are...I think you would understand the question." He holds up the metal controller. Iris steps back and she seems to have an aura of worry-script aired from her...somehow.

HP ; 75/100

You step through the dense pitch-jungle, breaking branches and leaping over fallen trees. Then, as the other side of the pitchhouse nears-

Snap.

Burning liquid envelops you. You are trapped in a pyramid of clear acidic membrane. Already it eats at your metal plating. Uked Vase... You think.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 75/100

If I can in these cramped conditions I fit a dart into it's place on the shuttler and attempt to use the shuttler like a bayonet to slice through the walls of the plant.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 50/100

Max steps closer and holds the controller closer, it starts beeping. "You inner memory bank holds all your memory, and creates a firewall, Otherwise robots could easily be designed to steal information from you or deactivate you." A long series of nines flowed across the screen of the controller then it made a short blip. Max whistled.
"But I can access it using this in close range for maintenance purpo-"
The screen changed.
Syntax Error
Then the screen went blank, and a tendril of smoke curled upwards from it. "You...Well...Your 'mind' contains far much more information than it should..." Max said overwhelmed. Then the puzzle bot that held the light came into the room, In its other hand was a sub-machine gun
wrist-attachment. Instinctively you calculated the diameter of the barrel of the gun...

And matched it to the caliber (size) of bullets that had created the holes in 3V1l...

HP ; 80/100
Inflictions :
Invent : 11 darts, bronze dart shutter

You manage to lock a dart into place, looking at your hands you finds it is coated in a fizzing green rust. Then your Pnuema-diagnostics blinks blue and you feel stored bronze being broken down, unseen an army of nano-tech begins to reconstruct and reinforce your armor as it melts. You slash at the wall and a small cut forms, acid begins to pour from it but despite your additional attempts the cut does not improve, the dart melts in the acid.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 80/100
Inflictions :
Invent : 11 darts, bronze dart shutter

I'll attempt to tear the cut wider with my hands and the barrel of the shuttler, If I can force my leg through the tear in the plant I'll drag myself out.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 50/100

(You are probably right at that, Unless the error came about, say, when The controller tried to enter your identity script or something and couldn't understand it, your script is considered having changed from the human made Pyropus-9 script to what is to be named HPS, Hyper-Autonomous-script, which is what all puzzle-bots evolve.)

"You, your the shop keeper, give me your best equipment or ill kill you." The white robot said ignoring you. The shop keeper fell silent, he slowly began approaching one of the cupboards armed raised.
"The white robot then turned to you, leave this shop now!" He said.

HP ; 43/100
Inflictions :
Invent : 7 darts, bronze dart shutter

You claw at the hole, then slip forwards, you arm pushing into the hole, which widens slightly, but then tightens around the arm. To your horror you find parts of your inner workings are now visible between the gaps. Several darts are floating around in the acid dissolving.

(Think beyond pure synthetic muscle...I will advise...)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 43/100
Inflictions :

I'll drop the shuttler and try tazering the plant or the metabolic acid.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 72/100
Inflictions : one left Broken hand

Iris screamed (for want of something a sentient puzzle-bot would do...)
The white robot shoots at your hand holding the chainsaw, and, dents the thumb as the bullet ricochets off. You drop the chainsaw. As you approach the white robot you bring down your Trident which crashes against its/his/her shoulder. It/he/she buckles and falls to standing on one knee. It fires a bullet which seems to miss.

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

The two metal prongs beneath your two middle fingers extend, and sparks travel between them. There is a crackling sound and the acid flashed bright purple briefly blinding your camera. Then you find yourself just standing in a cloud of falling ribbons of ash and embers.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

I'm going to head back to the entry of red-house,
watching my step.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

The auto-healing I forgot to add was spent.
Don't want to disconcert you...So I suppose puzzle-bots like the white one hear will be few, and, perhaps, a there should more of those yet to be found puzzles? You aren't going to be forced to destroy the white-bot here...

HP ; 72/100
Inflictions : one left Broken hand

The white robot falls back, foot (erm...) stuck in place. The robots gun clattered out of his hand as it hits the ground. Max grabs something from a draw and approaches you, pointing a small blue controller at the white-robot. There is a clicking sound and the white robot freezes in the action of reaching for the gun.

HP ; 41/100
Inflictions :

You don't notice or encounter anything on your walk back. A few pieces of your armor (ah) crumble as you walk, but you already notice a few improvements, but know you will have to sleep and 'eat' to repair much more damage. A robot with one blue and one red light eye passes by you going into the pitch house. Seemingly ignoring you.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 41/100
Inflictions :

I'll leave the pitch-house and find a safe seeming place to sit and maybe eat a couple of the darts in my quiver.

Showing 166-180 of 368