ForumsForum GamesBronze Labrynth [RPG]

368 80086
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

First and foremost, No swearing or anything inappropriate, Really, its not much to ask.

Bronze Labyrinth

Your are a robot, epicene (genderless) in most cases, vaguely humanoid, large dextrous hands and feet with rubber grip, smooth bronze skin with small gaps at joints revealing a black clockwork like interior, riddled with wires. You have blue lights representing eyes, your actual vision comes from a small black camera on your forehead. You have a small slit for a mouth which can speak in a basic CPU Language.
You are not water-proof, you must sleep an hour every once in a while for self repair on small things inside your body such as artificial metal muscles and internal leaks of Pnuema (your life-blood)

You are a puzzle bot, designed following regulations to enter the competition.
'Bronze Labyrinth' the first robot to reach the end of the trapped maze wins its owner millions of dollars and fame as a technician. But all you are aware of is that you must finish the labyrinth. Your life will be complete if you do. Friendships, Alliances may be made, but when you and they stands at the exit gate, it is free-for-all.

Name : (E.G. Cognizant1, Primus, Septimus, Torren)
Styling : Do you have fake hair? A different eye color? Perhaps you are embellished with a strange alphabet you cannot read (English, Japanese, Etc), painted, Are your proportionally different? (Appearing more male of female)
Ability1 : Faster repair (30 minute sleep), Water Proof, Hand Contact-Tazer (effects traps and other competitors), Extra pair of arms, Enhanced Speed (Jumping, dodging, etc)
Ability2 : Key-Type-1, Key-Type-2, Water-Proof, Trap-Awareness (it only makes sense when it happens), Metal-Metabolism (Eat broken trap fragments and metal units to heal.)
HP ; 100/100
Inflictions : Recently-Rebooted (Wares off eventually, disables some powers)

• 368 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name : Eazilrym
Styling : Kinda dented in places, also rusty.
Ability1 : Hand Contact-Tazer
Ability2 : Metal-Metabolism
HP ; 40/100
Inflictions : Left arm stunned.
Invent : Shock Pistol {3/8}

17V1L stepped back. "Wow, the sentience hit you hard. Its a metal refinery, bucket head!"
You see ball bearings approaching the portcullis, but is they seem to press against a thicker gap-less barrier. Leads you to wonder how much of the maze is as it appears.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

Glowering at the 17v1l I move closer and investigate the invisible barrier.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

You press your hand against it but your pressure sensors seem to have censored the sensation of touch, also there is no sound but from your hand brushing against an undefined surface.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

I try firing at the invisible barrier, prepared to jump back if it ricochets.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :
Invent : Shock Pistol {2/8}

The charge speeds towards the invisible barrier, the moment it collides the charge vanishes. There is no sound, but you sense a burst of heat, and left behind sitting in air is the bullet hole -dent, it doesn't go all the way through- You see a greyish shiny dent that becomes slimmer from any angle other than head on, there are a few bits of dust that that are still invisible.
You ascertain it as probably some kind of paint or alloy you are programmed not to see, the heat might have refined the metal into its core materials, one a gas the other looks like iron, or perhaps agothium.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

Keeping an eye on the other robot I examine the hovering dent-shape and feel if it is sharp around the edges to try and judge the texture of the substance it is formed of.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

It seems to be neither of the originally though, but some kind of plastic, containing either a specific chemical or maybe nanobots. The other robot turns around.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

I gesture to the other robot
"You not seein' this invisible wall?"
I consider unloading my gun into the chip in the wall to try and get at the delicious ball bearing on the other side.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :

"Of course I don't, but I know its there. Of course!" The robot said.
You shoot twice, accurately. There is a flash of smoke, then a steady flow of ball bearings comes through a small hole which smokes slightly. "What have you done?!" The robot exclaims.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 40/100
Inflictions :
Invent : Shock Pistol {0/8}

I give him a "duh" look before falling to my knees and gorging on the ball-bearing pile.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 82/100
Inflictions :

You consume the ball bearings hungrily, after a while though you noticed something slightly alarming. The whole seemed to be getting bigger. It now seems about the diameter of your wrist. The flow has somewhat increased.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 82/100
Inflictions :

Getting up and dusting myself off I try sweeping the ball bearings into a pile with my feet to block up the gap.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 84/100
Inflictions :

You push a mound of ball-bearings in place but the pressure quickly mounds. There is a clicking sound, a creaking...then...The mound scatters outwards explosively. (but not harmfully.)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 84/100
Inflictions :

I back away from the chaos and turn to the other robot.
"Now would probably be nice time to leave."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 84/100
Inflictions :

"You think?" The robot says, both of you walk down the path away from the Arena. The path becomes darker and every few feet there is a grate with red-orange light coming through it. Smoke drifted up faintly from some of them. You enter a circular room with a large bronze tank in the center. Spheres of electricity hover in six amber spheres attached to the top of the boiler like insect eyes. The room has a virus that dims your lights.

\\Lux-Halogen;R+L : Set to 15% Luminosity

You can tell that with some effort you could remove the virus.
There are three or four metal doors around the circular room, since there may be one behind the Boiler, but your lights have gone to Dim too tell so far away from them. The air seems to be faintly obscured with smoke.
The other robot (17V1L) takes a green glowing wrench/torch. He points at the nearest door which has a puzzle-based lock with blinking red lights.

Showing 301-315 of 368