Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:05pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

got this from an old legend I heard once, The Legendary Kirin. It is a unicorn like creature with the power to control lightning and can summon storm clouds using its horn. It has a powerful coat of fur and is blue,white, and green. One part of the legend though is that it only strikes down evil people.

That is a heck of a potential boss fight. However, it could work, and, since I am short on NPCs, it is at the top of the list. I would rather have it defending than attacking. However, it is a very rare type of creature. I might do this:

Before the previous game ended, Kylelolcat was fighting a Panther with a retractable blade and stealth cloak. He had to defeat it by hitting it in the dark to open a chest. After he opened the chest, I gave him the option of fighting the Panther to gain an ally. They went back and forth for pages. It would have made an excellent movie. Unfortunately, he never got to finish the battle.

Kylelolcat, you will meet the Panther Sensei again!

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:09pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

Oh, and everyone that played the previous version will receive a lovely bonus starter. I'm thinking
1. Keep your level
2. Keep any weapon or item
3. Return to a specific point in the previous game that you didn't finish (such as, the Panther Dungeon, the pirate ship, etc)

This is Bonus Package V 1.0. Ask your questions (and make your demands) now.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:09pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

YES! I have been wanting to finish my duel with Panther!

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:12pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

Active Map: should have been added to the GM Sheet. Sorry. Again, V 1.0 don't hate me.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:15pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

To make things interesting, how about sometimes forest monster or other monsters make raids on your castle because (this is a secret for now)

another NPC: A giant dragon type monster, half the size of the castle, it is very rare and makes raids on both castle alone. It is red with hardened plates and when it loses 1/5 of hp goes into rage mode and gets faster,and stronger but becomes more wreckless. Will need powerful castle defenses and some good battle strategies to defeat but gives an amazing reward. Could also be used as

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:17pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

could also defend deep point of the castle now that I reread that.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:19pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

To make things interesting, how about sometimes forest monster or other monsters make raids on your castle because (this is a secret for now)

another NPC: A giant dragon type monster, half the size of the castle, it is very rare and makes raids on both castle alone. It is red with hardened plates and when it loses 1/5 of hp goes into rage mode and gets faster,and stronger but becomes more wreckless. Will need powerful castle defenses and some good battle strategies to defeat but gives an amazing reward. Could also be used as

That's the kind of thing that generally makes people really mad really fast. I am considering possible raids on castles, but think about it. You go adventuring, you get a cool sword and a ton of gold, you go back to renovate the castle and unlock stuff, and boom. "The castle was attacked. Most of the men died and the defenses were destroyed. Fix them now (for your hard-earned gold) or leave and risk the castle being attacked all over again."

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:20pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

since you said demands

I want at some of my army, my elf archer, my regen sword, and my reflective armor.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:22pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

I see your point, I have played many games like that and it is annoying. Also, when do you plan on opening the spin-off, or do you need more ideas.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:28pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

So, a question about the types of troops we can employ as defenders or whatnot... Is the variety of the troops limited only by our imagination?

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!