Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:42pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,335 posts

since you said demands

I want at some of my army, my elf archer, my regen sword, and my reflective armor.

Request denied. No, just kidding. I will definitely bring Selphy back for you. Now is your chance to give her a different name or something. Also, what army? I didn't even know you had an army. If I do anything, I'll add them to your Castle's defenses.

I see your point, I have played many games like that and it is annoying. Also, when do you plan on opening the spin-off, or do you need more ideas.

I'm going to open once we have a final GM Sheet ready to go. I want everyone from EPIC's to see it and approve. I also want new players! That is your job, previous players! Also, it's really growing into more than a spin-off. Hopefully we won't have any "Well EPIC did it like this" moments.

So, a question about the types of troops we can employ as defenders or whatnot... Is the variety of the troops limited only by our imagination?

As of right now, it has no limitations. Personally, I would want to see both castles with a default number of standard troops and horseback knights that act as auto-defense 24/7. However, if you suggest "Robot Tomahawk Centaurs" I might have to let that go. We're talking ground troops (maybe even animals) and a couple fantasy back-up aces. My current inspiration for this is Kingdom Rush.

Again, no limits on suggestions now, but be reasonable. No, you can't have an airplane. No, you can't have a machine gun. No, you can't transform into a robotic griffin. No, the sky is not made of cotton candy.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:46pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

So...no putting hand-crank gatling gunners on my towers?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:47pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

I want my keyblade, at the very least. and the ability to call it something like "True Light's Flight"

as for my castle... don't really care if people invade it or not, so I'll leave the defense up to others.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:49pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

I would like to fix my character a bit, it's just a minor change but it would help a lot.

Character sheet before spin off:
Shadowgun453: Level 3, XP 0/3000 (Armor) 3000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Small sword (T1-Medium)
Armor: Black Leather (T1-Medium)
Inventory (1/10): (Light) Robes (T1-Light)

Updated sheet:

Inventory (3/10): (Light) Robes (T1-Light), Chain-Mail Armor (T1 - Heavy), B.Sword (T1 - Heavy)

Um I think that about it for now.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 12:11am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,335 posts

So...no putting hand-crank gatling gunners on my towers?

As we know, EPIC had guns in his version. The problem I have with that is that this is mostly realistic, so I have trouble keeping a battle scene going when someone is shot in the face with a pistol.

I want my keyblade, at the very least. and the ability to call it something like "True Light's Flight"

as for my castle... don't really care if people invade it or not, so I'll leave the defense up to others.

Now is your chance to rename things. I like your new Keyblade name.

Okay, you need to care about the castle a LITTLE. I am leaning away from full-out invasions, but! You will be able to get new areas (looks like we'll need money), such as observatories, libraries, battlements, etc. and when you upgrade, you will (most likely) open up a hidden room, a dungeon, a puzzle, whatever. So it is to your advantage to make your castle better. I need to add a store for people and for castle renovations. Remind me.

I would like to fix my character a bit, it's just a minor change but it would help a lot.

Character sheet before spin off:
Inventory (1/10): (Light) Robes (T1-Light)

Updated sheet:

Inventory (3/10): (Light) Robes (T1-Light), Chain-Mail Armor (T1 - Heavy), B.Sword (T1 - Heavy)

Um I think that about it for now.

Okay, here's the speed bump: I'm not letting you keep everything from the old game. Put down the pitchforks! Reason: This is not a sequel. You will get to keep a few parts of your previous character (some of you guys found awesome weapons and stuff). I am still working on classes and starter equipment.

You just gave me a very good example template for a new class. Looks like you want to keep Level 3 and add some new weapons. To this I say, wait until I develop a starter kit for each class. Yeah, they will be basic, but you might like the items more. Apologies to the people that have earned a lot of epic stuff, but hey. This is a new game. New world, new quests, new stories to find. You have to start at Square 1. Is that a problem? Complain now, because I'm not making major changes once the game gets started.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 12:17am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,335 posts

Current upgrades to make:
-Gold/Money
-A store for players
-A store for Castle upgrades (reasonable prices that increase, as it should be)
-Classes! Holy crap that's important!
-Starter Packs for the previous players
-Locations on the Active Map (at least four. So far, only one)
-A name for the Castles
-A name for the world (current name: Terra Novus)
-A name for the game (current name: The Two Castles)

I am going to have to put my brains to serious work to get good puzzles. If your puzzle room is delayed in the future, it's because I am working n making it good.

Believe me, guys, I am going to do everything to make this game as awesome and as watertight as possible. I will ALWAYS answer your questions (just, do a little research first), and I will ALWAYS update. As of now, I work part-time and I'm taking four college classes, three online, so I'm busy!

Keep the questions and suggestions coming!

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 12:48am

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Okay, it the store problem, how about traveling traders, (where you can buy/sell things) and maybe a few towns, just so you do have to waste energy to go back and forth to the castle. Oh the currency could be gold coins, silver coins and copper coins.

Gold coins: worth about 7 silver coins.
Silver coins: worth about 5 copper coins.
Copper coins: lowest priced coin. They would be worth about one US$

Traders will give you equipment, and weapons if you give them enough copper, silver, and gold coins.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 1:01am

Poizaz00

Poizaz00

627 posts

Dwarven wrestler.

Punching the ogre in the finger which has not healed fully yet, shattering the bone and poking it through the skin, bruising the muscle, and ripping the skin.

And then grabbing that part and twist-yanking it off.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 1:03am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,335 posts

Okay, it the store problem, how about traveling traders, (where you can buy/sell things) and maybe a few towns, just so you do have to waste energy to go back and forth to the castle. Oh the currency could be gold coins, silver coins and copper coins.

Gold coins: worth about 7 silver coins.
Silver coins: worth about 5 copper coins.
Copper coins: lowest priced coin. They would be worth about one US$

Traders will give you equipment, and weapons if you give them enough copper, silver, and gold coins.

Traveling traders: Not a bad idea. But they will be very random.
Towns: I'll think about it. That means many shops...no, wait, that's a good thing. Okay, we'll have a town somewhere
Gold, Silver and Copper: Nooooooo because
1. That will force you to have three different slots in your character sheet just for money,
2. People will constantly ask how much Silver and Gold cost in relation to each other and Copper,
3. I will have to find a way to make Gold more rare than Silver and Copper, so rewarding people will be painfully complicated when they need a specific amount.

One standard currency keeps the game moving. If a merchant requires a specific amount of gold, silver and copper, you're going to get ticked off because you didn't have ONE copper piece. Gems and diamonds, maybe but probably not. Think about it. It'll be a huge element, especially with making up new weapons, armor, items, abilities, towns, monsters, Castle upgrades, puzzles and NPCs.

However, I am up for new currency names. You can't go wrong with "Gold" but now is your chance to make something new.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 1:07am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,335 posts

Dwarven wrestler.

Punching the ogre in the finger which has not healed fully yet, shattering the bone and poking it through the skin, bruising the muscle, and ripping the skin.

And then grabbing that part and twist-yanking it off.

Well, now I'm going to have fantastic nightmares. Thanks. Yes, I will make battles cool. No, I will not do limb-tears or disembowelments. I have to draw a line somewhere, and it's between breaking an arm (that might be possible) and using someone's arm as a blood-spraying melee weapon.

Dwarven Wrestler as an ally, sure, but no Mortal Kombat finishing moves and no using blood as wallpaper.

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!