Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 2:31am

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Well then drop the silver and copper coins and keep the gold coins.

Okay, now the classes, um how about the standard dungeon crawler classes, like rangers, rouges, warriors, mages, maybe knights or paladins too.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 2:43am

Raispeed55

Raispeed55

258 posts

How about Neri or Nerite or something with "Ner" in it?

Also, maybe a random event: You find a demon randomly throughout your adventures and you can trade some of your max HP or MP for a weapon or some Nerite?

Also, maybe this "Demon trader" could be an optional boss battle if you find a hut or a house of some sort, counting as a dungeon, and maybe it could randomly teleport somewhere else if you defeat it, since the demon still lives. He just gives you some loot, then teleports his house away?

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 6:54am

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Please note I only said I don't care about the Defense. I'll probably still explore the castle and upgrade it.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 9:32am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Okay, now the classes, um how about the standard dungeon crawler classes, like rangers, rouges, warriors, mages, maybe knights or paladins too.

I don't want to have classes that are too similar. What's the big difference between a ranger, a warrior and a knight? Mage is a yes. What exactly does a paladin do, though? Is it a support class?

How about Neri or Nerite or something with "Ner" in it?

Also, maybe a random event: You find a demon randomly throughout your adventures and you can trade some of your max HP or MP for a weapon or some Nerite?

Also, maybe this "Demon trader" could be an optional boss battle if you find a hut or a house of some sort, counting as a dungeon, and maybe it could randomly teleport somewhere else if you defeat it, since the demon still lives. He just gives you some loot, then teleports his house away?

I'd need to know what a "Nerite" is first. Trading HP/MP for items is interesting, but would you really be willing to forfeit some of your health for an item? I'm not being sarcastic, I've just never heard of an offer like that.

So, for the demon trader, you suggest that, instead of killing him, he rewards you and moves to a new location? That would mean someone else could end up fighting him, which removed the originality. Plus, I'm not going to use the title "demon" anyway. Angels and demons...are touchy. I don't like working with them.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 9:40am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Please note I only said I don't care about the Defense. I'll probably still explore the castle and upgrade it.

I know, it's fine. I'll try to have you guys collecting gold frequently for the upgrades, shops and traveling merchants you'll want to make a deal with. However, you will probably not encounter a merchant with a "legendary" type of weapon. They'll be in the dungeons and the rooms of your castle. I mean, think about it. Your castle has been around for ages and ages. Where else would a king hide his treasure and armament?

Upgrade system for weapons? EPIC gave them Tiers. I really don't want to give every weapon a whole list of stats, so it may be best to give them levels and expect so much damage per level? You'll be doing hundreds of damage again, because doing hundreds of damage is fun.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 10:19am

Poizaz00

Poizaz00

627 posts

Bronze colossus.

Aimed attacks? Like, stabbing someone in the eyes to blind him.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:11am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Bronze colossus.

What is a bronze colossus? A boss or a trainer or what?

Aimed attacks? Like, stabbing someone in the eyes to blind him.

Again, I'm avoiding attacks that literally cripple enemies. Stuns are possible, though. Maybe a flare-based attack that blinds an enemy for a few turns? You have to consider that it goes both ways. If you can snap arms and stab eyes, your enemies can do it to you, and, after a dungeon boss, you may have to limp back to the castle with half a leg, a broken arm, internal bleeding, fractures and partial blindness. Unless you guys really want an "Injuries" catagory added to your stat sheet (which would deplete your health over time and would slow down travel, attacks and defenses), you're going to stick to HP.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:52am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Weather: (whatever. Rain may affect visibility, for example)
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4. More monsters and random encounters at night)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:
Defenses:
Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.
Ex: Crossbow (L1 for Level 1) [5 for 5 crossbows]
Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe)
Ex: Castle Guard (L1, can be upgraded) [10, actual number is undecided]
Buildings: Sections of the Castle that have been found and explored (Dungeons and Rooms are not included)
Ex: Medical Bay (Return here to revive all health for one turn) (No level-ups)
Ex: Barracks (L1) (Upgrade for L2 soldiers and maybe more of them)

Heroes of Castle A:
Your Name
Your Class (to be determined)
Weapon(s)
Armor
Inventory
Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human.

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:
Defenses:
crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.
Ex: Castle Gate (L1 for Level 1) [Only one main gate]
Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe), plus fantasy defenders
Ex: The Legendary Kirin (Legendary Characters do not level up) [Only one of each Legendary]
Buildings: Sections of the Castle that have been found and explored (Dungeons and Rooms are not included)
Ex: Vault (Return here to store/retrieve weapons, armor and inventory) (No level-ups)
Ex: Battlements (L1) (Upgrade to hold more wall defenses at L2)

Heroes of Castle B:
Name: Name, Level, EXP (-/-), HP, MP
Class: Classes are below, still being worked out
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive. A shield can be used as a weapon to stun enemies.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, whatever.
Inventory: (-/10)
Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans on adventures. No veterans, no "child geniuses"
Gold: Infinite Gold storage (as of now). It is suggested that you store some of it in your Vault.

ATTACKED: 0 (# of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (# of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

--------------
Active Map:

All known locations are posted here (Dungeons and Castle areas are not included, towns are).
Ex: White Forest (L1, for new players), Towns: 1 (maybe an elf village in the forest?)

-----------------
Battle:

All battle details here. This will be a direct copy of EPIC's version because it was easy to follow.

--------------
Story: (instead of "non-battle stuff")

All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.

--------------
Support:

This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END Version 1.1

Class Sheet (not on the official GM Sheet)
Warrior/Knight (also for Warriors): Broadswords, Shields, Armor
Thief/Assassin (also for Archers): Short Swords, Bows, Special Close-Range attacks (knives, poison, etc?)
Mage: Offensive ranged attacks, Defensive ranged attacks, Robes
â¦.
Paladin, Ranger, Neri/Nerite: I need more details on these classes.

Starter Pack for Previous Players (not on the official GM Sheet)
Chest 1: Keep any (one) Weapon, Armor or Inventory Item
Chest 2: Keep your current Level (and encounter more high-level equipment)
Chest 3: Keep your current dungeon/location (the pirate ship is an example)

[b}NOTES- READ THEM[/b]
The very first post will have some backstory with the name of the last and the history of the castles along with the rules. It will probably not contain any vital information, but you are expected to know the rules. I WILL deal with people who intentionally or consistently violate rules. Always ask me in the Support section of the GM Sheet if you think your actions might be questionable.

âLegendaryâ Castle defenders do not level up. I havenât determined how you find them yet, but they have a set amount of HP and MP, so you wonât have to waste Gold on them.

The Castle Vault will be, basically, a copy of your Player Sheet, only with stored Inventory and Gold and whatnot. You can add or remove items every time you visit it. Infinite storage. Heck yeah!

Weapon/Armor/Inventory levels: In EPICâs game, people that were L2 could equip L7 weapons and armor and such. I am considering eliminating this because, face it, itâs not fair. If you find an L3 weapon at L1, you canât use it yet, but you can (obviously) keep it and store it in your Inventory or in your personal Castle Vault.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:53am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

GAH I really botched the Heroes of Castle A section. Refer to the Heroes of Castle B section instead.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 3:16pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

I got bored, sooooo,
GM Sheet Version 1.2

Changes: Moved Gold to Inventory. Moved Level and XP to Class stat. Castle Elements (Defenses and Buildings) have some fundamental defaults. Castle Store has been added (list of upgrades is pending, need ideas). Training Hall added (for leveling up)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather: (whatever. Rain may affect visibility, for example)
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4. More monsters and random encounters at night)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:
Defenses:
Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe)
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Castle Archers (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall
Medical Bay
Vault
Castle Store (A full chart of items to buy will be released. This will include Inventory and Castle Upgrades)
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)
The Tower (at the top of the castle. Can be climbed. Maybe you will be able to see a location previously unknown?)
Castle Wing (This could be anything. An observatory, a library, a museum, whatever. You buy a Wing and it opens a new section of the castle)

Heroes of Castle A:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive. A shield can be used as a weapon to stun enemies.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans on adventures. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:
Defenses:
Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Castle Archers (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall
Medical Bay
Vault
Castle Store (A full chart of items to buy will be released. This will include Inventory and Castle Upgrades)
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)
The Tower (at the top of the castle. Can be climbed. Maybe you will be able to see a location previously unknown?)
Castle Wing (This could be anything. An observatory, a library, a museum, whatever. You buy a Wing and it opens a new section of the castle)

Heroes of Castle B:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans on adventures. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)

All known locations are posted here (Dungeons and Castle areas are not included, towns are).
Ex: White Forest (L1), Towns: 1 (maybe an elf village in the forest?)

-----------------
Battle:

All battle details here. This will be a direct copy of EPIC's version because it was easy to follow.

--------------
Story: (instead of "non-battle stuff")

All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.

--------------
Support:

This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END Version 1.2

Class Sheet (not on the official GM Sheet)
Soldier/Knight (also for Warriors): Broadswords, Shields, Armor
Thief/Assassin (also for Archers): Short Swords, Bows, Special Close-Range attacks (knives, poison, etc?)
Mage: Offensive ranged attacks, Defensive ranged attacks, Robes
â¦.
Paladin, Ranger, Neri/Nerite: I need more details on these classes.

Starter Pack for Previous Players (not on the official GM Sheet)
Chest 1: Keep any (one) Weapon, Armor or Inventory Item
Chest 2: Keep your current Level (and encounter more high-level equipment)
Chest 3: Keep your current dungeon/location (the pirate ship is an example)

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!