Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 10:17pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

My idea for the Juggernaut was to have him using a tower shield as his weapon, running at full speed into the enemy ranks using the momentum he built up to carry him along. Nearly unstoppable because cast-iron plates, but tires very quickly.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:13am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,362 posts

Well, if I don't get all my old equipment, what will I get? Those are some pretty basic equips.

Or were you talking about Panther?

Honestly, I'm still not sure. I'm going to make the Panther a trainer in the castle probably. As of now, pleeeeease do me a huge favor and comment on the Castle and Class elements of the GM Sheet, because they're going to affect everyone. I will get to the Starter Packs once that's done.

Paladin will now be a class.

Rick, read shadowgun's post. It sounds like a Juggernaut is about the same as a Paladin. Does that work for you?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:18am

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

I guess that works for me. So, I guess I'll end up being a paladin once the game starts?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 5:02pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

I pick selphy

I think the basic shape for a golem is a bulky, giant human. They are usually made of different stuff like stone,water,etc.
How would someone get castle defenses and how would they work?
Also, How would castle breaches work, if everything is in the vault where it can't be stolen, what would be left to take

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 5:52pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

No comments on the castle part, looks good so far.

As for the class part, maybe we can have some very basic classes like Mage, Warrior, Ranger, Ect., but you can graduate into a prestige class at some level or another.

Examples:

Warrior: Barbarian, Warmonger
Knight: Paladin, Lord
Ranger: Arcane Archer, Sharpshooter
Thief: Assassin, Master Thief
Mage: Warmage, Archmage

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:19pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,362 posts

I guess that works for me. So, I guess I'll end up being a paladin once the game starts?

I just finished the class sheets! Five classes, but each has two titles to make it more fun.

I pick selphy

You got it.

I think the basic shape for a golem is a bulky, giant human. They are usually made of different stuff like stone,water,etc.

Works for me. Elemental Golems will appear in-game.

How would someone get castle defenses and how would they work?
Also, How would castle breaches work, if everything is in the vault where it can't be stolen, what would be left to take?

Castle Defenses are to be purchased at the store that I FINALLY FINISHED. Castle Breaches and stolen items...I'm not quite sure. I'm thinking that each castle has a "Treasure Hall" that can be robbed of random items. I'm not sure how it affects the players yet, but it will. Besides, you will earn EXP for castle upgrades.

Version 1.3 is coming up, AND a class sheet, AND the store! It is a good day!

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:24pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,362 posts

-GM Sheet Version 1.3-

New features â" Castle Elements have been moved around. Number of Default defenses has been lowered. Respawning is official (if you die, you respawn in the Castle or in the beginning of the Dungeon. No penalties for first death. Possible penalty is mild Gold loss). Medical Bay is now called Hospital. Great Hall, Hospital and Vault can be upgraded (once). Castle Store is available with âTrading Binâ section (probably my favorite new feature)!

Day: 1
Weather: (Clear, Cloudy, Light Rain, etc)
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4. More monsters and random encounters at night)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1

-----------------
Battle:
All battle details here. This will be a direct copy of EPIC's version because it was easy to follow.
--------------
Story:
All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.
--------------
Support:
This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END Version 1.3 GM Sheet

Still working on prices. Donât worry, I will make them reasonable. Also, you will gain EXP by buying Castle Elements.

WHAT I NEED:
-Locations! We only have one! I need at least one more Level 1 location and three other ones (I want five locations total. More will be added as players progress and find maps or explore).
-Cool Legendary weapons, creatures, etc. You will encounter Legendary things throughout the game. I need idea now so I can have them ready to go once you start hitting Dungeons.
-Approval! I need to know what you think of the GM Sheet. When we have a majority of players that are satisfied, I will start the game. This is your chance to make any suggestions. NO MAJOR CHANGES once the game is started.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:28pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,362 posts

-Class Sheet-

Knight-Paladin: A standard class for sword-and-shield heroes. Good balance of essentials.
Broadswords, Shields, Heavy Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP.
Extreme defense.
Bonus: Can survive a lethal blow to retain 1 HP

Warrior-Barbarian: Pick up the biggest thing you can find and crush everything with it.
Axe/Hammer, Shields, No armor.
High HP. Low MP.
Extreme offense.
Bonus: Can dual-wield by replacing a shield with a melee weapon.

Ranger-Archer: The elf-style class of long-range arrow attacks.
Bows, No Shields, Light Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP
Extreme accuracy.
Bonus: Increased instinct can detect secrets and hidden rooms.

Thief-Assassin: Hide in the shadows and stab things in the back. The âsneakyâ class.
Knives/Daggers, No Shields, Light armor.
Low HP. Low MP.
Extremely agility.
Bonus: Can add poison damage to any weapon.

Mage-Summoner: The traditional mage-style class. Set things on fire. Wear robes.
Offensive ranged attacks, Defensive ranged attacks, No Armor.
Medium HP. High MP
Extreme speed.
Bonus: Can summon defeated enemies to help in combat on or below your level.

-------------------------------

-The Castle Store-
~CASTLE STORE~
Heroes:
Weapons
Armor
Inventory
-Legendary Capture Orb (50G): When a Legendary/Boss reaches 500 HP, use this Orb to capture them to be a Castle Guardian!
Castle- Buildings:
Great Hall II (More locked doors to open)
Large Hospital (Can buy health potions and increased HP)
Large Vault (Unlimited storage per player)
Battlements (L2)
Barracks (L2)
Training Hall (L2)
Observatory
Library
Watchtower
Castle- Defense:
Castle Wall (L2)
Castle Gate (L2)
Giant Crossbows (L2) [2]
Rock Throwers (L1) [2]
Castle- Guardians:
Castle Archers (L1) [10]
Castle Guards (L2) [5]
Castle Knights (L2) [5]
Legendary: 0
Trading Bin: AWESOME FEATURE OF AWESOMENESS
Instead of selling items to the store for Gold, you will sell them to the Trading Bin for Gold. Once there, they will be offered for sale to ANY other players (for a set price), including yourself if you want to go buy it back!! Limit is 10 items. Once it is reached, all items (regardless of value) will be removed (to keep people from using it as a Vault).
(0/10)

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:34pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

I actually like Kyle's idea of the class progression. You start out as a generic class that does everything kinda below average, then you build your skills and go down a specific path that does a couple of things really well, and does everything else kinda below average. I would like that to be a thing, if it's possible.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:38pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Well, Juggernaut's are totally different from paladins, for one the paladins armor is the same type of armor as knight, two despite the weight they are quick on there feet while Juggernaut's are (from rick description) build more like the Colossus of Roads.

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!