Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 7:20pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,320 posts

So nobody was impressed by all that? The store? Trading Bin? Yeah, okay, I see how it is...

I actually like Kyle's idea of the class progression. You start out as a generic class that does everything kinda below average, then you build your skills and go down a specific path that does a couple of things really well, and does everything else kinda below average. I would like that to be a thing, if it's possible.

Well, each class has two titles. I'm thinking there may be a way to give them unique qualities. You have to consider, though, that you don't have a "Skill Tree" or anything. I can add a "Skill" category, though. Each class gets the current bonus feature, plus another skill...? I can only make it so diverse, though.

Well, Juggernaut's are totally different from paladins, for one the paladins armor is the same type of armor as knight, two despite the weight they are quick on there feet while Juggernaut's are (from rick description) build more like the Colossus of Roads.

Right now it's set at "Knight-Paladin." Can I set it so that the Knight has the Paladin qualities (armor and relative speed) and the Juggernaut be the Paladin (extra thick armor and shields, low speed)?

Generally a kingdom-style game needs a "Knight" class. I can change it to "Knight-Juggernaut," but someone else wants a Paladin and someone already said a Knight and a Paladin were totally different. A Juggernaut would fit in the same Tier as a Knight and a Paladin (as compared to the other four tiers), and, as of now, I have a class for:
Good armor, medium health, normal speed (Knight)
Thick armor, high health, slow speed (Paladin)

or that's how they will end up as.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 7:31pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,320 posts

Here's an idea for the Tiers:
Each of the five Tiers has its own set of basic elements (as listed). The first of each Tier (Knight, Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Mage) become progressively stronger in all areas. The second of each Tier (Paladin, Barbarian, Archer, Assassin, Summoner) have a specific Skill that consistently increases, but they risk losing other elements.
DEFENSE: Paladin: More armor and HP, less speed
OFFENSE: Barbarian: More strength and bigger weapons, less armor
ACCURACY: Archer: Longer distances of attack and precision, less strength
DAMAGE: Assassin: More powerful close-range attacks, less HP
MP: Summoner: Summon allies for attack and defense, less attack.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 7:39pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

I like it! I was going for more of the DnD Prestige mechanic, but this is good.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 7:56pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Assassin sounds like it'd be my kind of thing. especially if they learn some evasion moves.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:09pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,320 posts

I like it! I was going for more of the DnD Prestige mechanic, but this is good.

Good! Initial class loadouts are coming up.

Assassin sounds like it'd be my kind of thing. especially if they learn some evasion moves.

That's one of the best parts of being an assassin: epic kills. Look forward to some good finishing moves.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:10pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

I think the trading bin is a good idea, so you must sell to that or can you sell to the store, and if you can sell to the store, you should make the bin give more money so nobody sells only to the store. If it were me, I wouldn't let the enemy have my weapons without me getting something good.The store looks good so far.

As for the classes, how would summoner work, could they make several amounts of allies or do they have a limit, and how would you regain health and MP. They can make allies, but what kind of allies, like skeleton warriors
or could they make ranged allies or allies that help them recover.

As for the the breaches, would you need something to destroy the wall, im sure a person cant take down a stone wall with their hands only. If you do get in, are there certain places you can go to or are some places blocked like the store or the armory?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:40pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,320 posts

I think the trading bin is a good idea, so you must sell to that or can you sell to the store, and if you can sell to the store, you should make the bin give more money so nobody sells only to the store. If it were me, I wouldn't let the enemy have my weapons without me getting something good.The store looks good so far.

You sell to the store for gold, but instead of the item just disappearing from existance, it goes to the Trading Bin so other players (from your Castle) can buy it. Regardless, you get paid. Anyone can come buy it later (for a higher price), including you.

As for the classes, how would summoner work, could they make several amounts of allies or do they have a limit, and how would you regain health and MP. They can make allies, but what kind of allies, like skeleton warriors
or could they make ranged allies or allies that help them recover.

You're not going to start summoning things right away. As of now, you summon enemies that you have defeated. Go to the forest, kill a L1 Wolf. When you fight the next Wolf, you can summmon an L1 Wolf to help for that battle. I haven't gone far with the summoning element yet, don't rush it. MP regenerates after every fight (or when you return to the Hospital), HP does the same, but also regenerates every day.

As for the the breaches, would you need something to destroy the wall, im sure a person cant take down a stone wall with their hands only. If you do get in, are there certain places you can go to or are some places blocked like the store or the armory?

The Wall can't really get destroyed. You upgrade the Wall to add more defenses and the Gate to keep enemies out. I haven't figured out what invaders would steal, I think there may be a Treasure Hall that has stealable items, but then you guys would want them, etc.

I think I'm going to ignore the Defenses and Guardians aspect right now. It'll get introduced once this thing actually takes off. Upgrade the Buildings sections (Battlements, Barracks, Training Hall) and Great Hall, Hospital and Vault for more immediate results (See the Store for details). But first you have to go kill some things.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:42pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Um okay, let me be a little bit more clear by "same armor as knight's" Paladins wear the same armor type as knight, the only difference is they can use magic and unlike Juggernaut, they can't use Shield Bash, they only use there shield for defense, not offense.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:57pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,320 posts

Um okay, let me be a little bit more clear by "same armor as knight's" Paladins wear the same armor type as knight, the only difference is they can use magic and unlike Juggernaut, they can't use Shield Bash, they only use there shield for defense, not offense.

Okay...So should I just remove Paladin? Knight and Juggernaut? The Knight will have MP and can use his shield as a weapon anyway. I'm not making three different versions of the same class.

If there are no objections, I will replace Paladin with Juggernaut.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 8:59pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

I would honestly like to be a pure infiltration/sabotage class once the game begins. I'm not one for elaborate stealth kills, I'm one to get in, mess up someone's defenses, and let someone else do the killing. I believe that would be something that would branch from the assassin.

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!