ForumsGames[Locked] GemCraft: Chasing Shadows

148 91179
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For those of you who are GemCraft lovers, news about the latest version...

GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows

• 148 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Never really got into that game somehow... maybe it's time I refreshed my memory and try again! Looks a bit like Command and Conquer with Gems! =)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

For those of you who are GemCraft lovers

+raise a hand+

Well, what can i say, i like TDs and the gemcraft-series is still one of my favs.

Lets see which onbe comes earlier, gemcraft, knigdom rush 2, creeper world...^^
GreenArt
GreenArt
2 posts
Farmer

any news?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

any news?

GC2:CS â" Almost there

Information source: Game in a bottle web site

Posted on January 20, 2014 by Peter

" Thanks for still being here, and sorry for not even replying at all to comments and emails these days, but that will have to wait until after release.

Back in November, when I was still hoping to finish the game before Christmas, I thought cutting or postponing some features could make the impossible possible. It was far from reality, so, as you all know, the holiday came and went without the game. Realizing that the âcoming in 2013â³ deadline couldnât be met, we switched back to plan A, aiming to work on the game until itâs ready for real. January seemed a reasonable guess, giving 31 more days, plus the whole holiday season. Should be more than enough, right? Well, almost.

As it always happens here, tasks take longer than I guess at first (or even second) sight, so weâre still not ready, but the remaining tasks fill up less than one (one-sided) sheet of paper and I rule one out every few days, so weâll get there soon.

Almost 3 years have passed since the release of GCL (2011 February 17), now Iâm sure it would have been a mistake releasing the game unfinished, there was way too much time and energy put into it already to ruin the experience for the sake of an earlier release.

So, all I can say is, please be patient for a while longer, weâre close now, donât want to go into more guessing and missing or fueling speculations, weâll have a release date when the game gets ready, tests done and connected to AG. Iâll write you then! "
GreenArt
GreenArt
2 posts
Farmer

Thanks, but I wrote that post right in jan, 20.
I hoped someone know release date.. or week. I want to play GC CS so much.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Well, not only you...
No, there is currently no release date (at least not from a reliable source... rumors.. well...^^).

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I will!^^

Nice to hear some news about it... specially if it is the rel date.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Cool i have tried Gemcraft 1 but i had no time to get quests i hope new chapter has quests and that i have time to complete them

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Gemcraft 1 but i had no time to get quests

Think you miss something, the normal gemcraft dont have AG quests, also gemcraft chapter 0, only gemcraft labyrinth have them, but this is, all in all, the 3rd part^^
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Yeah that couldnt rememeber the exact name of the game :P

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

This really need to come out. We've been waiting for almost a year with about 5 launch dates. I would prefer if we got some realistic dates, as i'm loosing hope for this game.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

5 dates? Where did they came from? A reliable source or was it just rumors or hopes (on the "hopes"-part, yes, i know even the dev had other planes but they never set a fix date (til feb 17)?...^^

But now (since feb 17), i have a fix date from a reliable source, and thats the devs page --> march 17

Ok, ok, we all know that, if they face some unexpected major issues, this could be changed but if everything works normal we will see it in two weeks, and even if they need to push back this date... its closing in.

Deathranger
Deathranger
1 posts
Shepherd

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2014/03/gc2cs-on-steam-greenlight-please-vote/

Should be out tomorrow, I can't wait!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Maybe^^

Tomorrow is olny the first date in the mentioned window, which is 24th - 30th march
Ideally (officially) 25th march... tuesday... dont make me wrong, ill appreciate a release tomrrow, but i can even life with another psuhback if needed^^

Showing 1-15 of 148