ForumsGamesPlayStation 4

56 10753
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Did anyone get to watch the announcement of the PlayStation 4 by Sony on February 20 (today)?

I did, and all I have to say is that it looks like a good console. I think it has potential, but the only thing that needs fixing is the controller. It looks retarded compared to the older DualShock models.

All comments are welcome, but not flame wars. If you start a flame war, then you have no soul. I'm kidding about the soul part, but seriously, NO FLAME WARS!

PS: Another thing that sucked about the announcement was the fact that the PS4 itself wasn't even shown at all. Guess we'll have to wait til PAX East or GDC 2013.

• 56 Replies
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

One Fun Fact because it seems like A LOT of people don't know:

There's a share, AND Options button.

I'd imagine that the options button would be used for...

Well Options, Game Settings, and Interactions.

The Options button would probably be reminiscent of the PS3's Home button, albeit with much more features than the PS3's.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

The Options button would probably be reminiscent of the PS3's Home button, albeit with much more features than the PS3's.

The Options button seems to be something that can be used in game, since there's no Start Button anymore. With that being said, The PS Home Button is still there.

Pressing it will probably pause the game and have an option of actions pertaining to BOTH the game and system, if anything.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Some more updates about some screenshot.

It is as we feared, full name next to account name.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

i will buy a playstation 4 if kingdom hearts 3 was on it.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Some more updates about some screenshot.rn
It is as we feared, full name next to account name.

But we don't know if that's gonna be mandatory or if you can just not do that, do we? Hopefully we can.

If this is some sort of ploy by Sony to reduce player misconduct through personal accountability, I'm sorry to tell them Facebook has already proven long ago that people online will say dumb, uninformed, racist, ignorant **** regardless of how anonymous they are.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

If this is some sort of ploy by Sony to reduce player misconduct through personal accountability

Did you miss the entire part about Sony and Social Media?

Yeah, they're trying to have a large emphasis on it, which is why some statements from Ubisoft actually look forward to this, because the "hyperconnectivity" will be used for Watch_Dogs.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Ugh. Why does everything need to be social nowadays? Is there really such an enormous demand for this? Some people don't have a need to broadcast every detail of their lives. I just hope it's not too built in or mandatory.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Sony will create PS4, its coming. it was obviously coming before feb. 20th, like the first post suggests. gameinformer covered its announcement as "good" in the GBU, but it will be crushed. in my opinion, PS4 will be dominated by next-gen consoles. if anyone can agree with this, they are smart and are actually paying attention to upcoming consoles.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

As far as I can see, the PS4 is the most appealing next-gen console around. But we know next to nothing about the XBox 720, so it's way too early and foolish to make that sort of claim.

But the Wii U?

That ship has sailed and sunk already.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

PS4 will be dominated by next-gen consoles.

This is based on what? That is pure opinion. Wii U can't compete with it, and there is no solid information on the new Xbox.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Dont forget about the casual games, entertainment system Android console Ouya. I would say its next-gen to.

Showing 46-56 of 56