ForumsWEPRIran-Pakistan Gas pipeline.

21 12088
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So Pakistan is giving green signal to the gas pipeline it has been postponing for decades and USA is threatning to impose sanctions if we do so and has said it will provide alternate source(which it has not done for decades when we have been postponing the pipeline).
What are your thoughts on it?

• 21 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

This is it! We cant act (as the western world) like we did in WW2!
We cant just say "so he talk about controling the world. So what?".

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

He talks about controlling the world, who?
Ahmedi nejad or Hitler?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

The difference is the US basically bailed them out of wwi debts and strengthened their economy. I really doubt Iran can industrialize when their main export is obstructed.

They are already finding backdoors and loop holes.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The problem is their culture is pretty much impossible to work with, kind of like how Japan killed all foreigners before the 1850s and the threat of force was the only way to change thier policies.

are we still talking about the same people? or do you only mean the ridicals?
i dont see any government on this earth we can work whit. we can even get along whit north korea if must. and not 1 country is lower then north korea in my opinion.

It makes their anti-western position stronger, but makes their physical abilities to act upon those beliefs weaker.

right, when their amounts are growing it makes them weaker... NOT!

I really doubt Iran can industrialize when their main export is obstructed.

they have friends, they can get stuff from there. usa is not needed.
tbh i dunno their main export or if they are in debt. but i'm prety sure they can do fine whitout they people currently buying from them. look at china in 2009 when usa went into the crisis. they started selling more to the rest of the world instead of the usa. shifting your sales happens prety often in smaller scale. but why shouldn't it work on bigger scales like this either?

the western world (except usa) didn't say "so what?" during WW2.
and who say's controling the world? usa doesn't say it. they just act like it.
and your right we shouldn't let them try to controle the world. attack usa!!!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

are we still talking about the same people? or do you only mean the ridicals?

Mostly the radicals, but the anti-western mindset in general is difficult to work with, since they've got the presupposition of 'the people I'm negotiating with are hellspawns'.

right, when their amounts are growing it makes them weaker... NOT!

Look at Syria. The people have little means to fight back. Sure, there are a lot of them, more and more every day, but they're still virtually powerless by comparison.

not 1 country is lower then north korea in my opinion.

Maybe Somalia.

they have friends, they can get stuff from there.

I doubt Syria wants that heat right now, with the uprisings and such. Iraq's got enough problems of its own. Lebanon would likely rise up, as Iran and Syria send them lots of weapons, but they're a dependent nation militarily.

i dunno their main export

Petroleum (80%).

or if they are in debt

Wiki says it's only about $15B.

shifting your sales happens prety often in smaller scale. but why shouldn't it work on bigger scales like this either?

The thing is, they don't simply shift their sales. As shown with the Strait of Hormuz, their threat is to shut off their supplies completely, trying to mess with the world economy. They shot themselves in the foot by doing that, since other nations agreed to cover their share. Even if they shifted their sales around, they'd still have a shortfall because everyone would know they're desperate to sell.

(except usa)

And Central and South America.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Mostly the radicals, but the anti-western mindset in general is difficult to work with, since they've got the presupposition of 'the people I'm negotiating with are hellspawns'.

that depends on what you can offer i guess. if you have what they want then they are just people like everyone. then there is no religion bs or disrespect. business is business thats everywhere the same.

just respect their culture while your there. (whit this i wasn't talking about the radicals ofcours)

Look at Syria. The people have little means to fight back. Sure, there are a lot of them, more and more every day, but they're still virtually powerless by comparison.
well "the people" are very devided. they even shoot eatchother. but they are growing. how can that make them weaker? they are stronger now then befor. still not enough to match the army even close. but not weaker either.

Maybe Somalia.

what somalia? the 1 whitout government or somaliland whit freedom, work, export, schooling, etc, etc.?

anyway. the somalians i know are actual prety nice people. and they have some good humor. but they have a short temper tho. if it doesn't go as they like they get all uptight. but then a hour later its just back to fun no hard feeling. i dont see why they would be that low. i have no idea how the pirates are. but they are mostly old fishers that lost their job becauce of the giant fishing ships the rish country's used infront of their coast. so they are not just bad people. if we can offer them a job and a future. they sure will take it and call you jesus himself.

I doubt Syria wants that heat right now, with the uprisings and such. Iraq's got enough problems of its own. Lebanon would likely rise up, as Iran and Syria send them lots of weapons, but they're a dependent nation militarily.

this was about imports/exports, right? not military?

Petroleum (80%).

well thats easy to sell. everyone needs it. a boycot from 1 or many countries wouldn't stop their exports.

Wiki says it's only about $15B.

no real problem here that will stop others from doing business.

Even if they shifted their sales around, they'd still have a shortfall because everyone would know they're desperate to sell.

good point.

maybe if they get some good contracts it will straight out and forotten over time. at the current state of relationship i can understand they want to take this risk.

And Central and South America.

was that civilized western world in the 40's?
i never thought they were able to do something. like mid and south africa couldn't fight in the north.
Showing 16-21 of 21