ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] Why hasn't Four Second Firestorm been fixed?

6 3180
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

It's been almost two years but Four Second Firestorm still hasn't been fixed. It still won't allow you to play the game, because it still insists the Flash player is "out of date." At this point I'm just angry, and it doesn't speak well of Armor Games that they seem to go so long without worrying about fixing their games.

• 6 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Because you have't update your Flash Player. It's out of date, and that's something YOU need to fix.

Update here.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

No, he was right. It was busted. I've spoken with John, who helped me fix it - enjoy.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Because you have't update your Flash Player. It's out of date, and that's something YOU need to fix.

Update here.

Your explanation is inaccurate. I have the latest Flash Player, and Four Second Firestorm starts with an error message saying Flash Player 9 is needed. I have seen other old games with a similar error message (in fact, AG has another such game called Line Runner that requires Flash Player 8), and I think the problem is that certain old games don't have an ability to read 2 digits. So these are the options I see:

1) Downgrade to Flash Player 9 if possible. I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, it should enable games that read only 1 digit of Flash Player.

If Flash Player cannot be downgraded, then such games will be unplayable until many years later if Flash Player keeps adding new versions (a version 80 should make Line Runner playable, and a version 90 should make Four Second Firestorm Playable). However, this will not happen for a long time, so AG should delete those two games and any other games that can't read a second version of Flash Player.

As for Four Second Firestorm itself, while you can't play it, there are two similar games that are still playable. Those games are Four Second Frenzy and Four Second Fury.

Also, I don't think AG can fix Four Second Firestorm. The only thing they could do to it is to delete it.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

As I said, it's fixed.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

As I said, it's fixed.

I checked and found that you are correct. You ninja'd me when you initially stated that the problem was fixed.
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

Thank you very much! I really appreciate you fixing the game! Sorry, I hope I didn't sound mean. It's just that it's been broken for a while, and since I love the Four Second series I've really been wanting to play it. I didn't know how closely AG follows what goes on with the games sometimes, and it's really, really nice to know that you are paying attention and do actually care. (I've seen other game sites that don't do any work to maintain their site). So I appreciate you listening to the feedback. Thanks again for fixing the game and have a great weekend!

Showing 1-6 of 6