Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Evolution

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 9:59am

Moe

Moe

1,783 posts

8000 is a rough estimate, just like 7000000000 is a rough estimate.

8000 is one of many "estimates" based solely on the bible. 4.5 billion, not 7 billion, is the estimate scientists came up with after massive amounts of research for the age of the Earth. I wonder which is more accurate.

then give me proof that we evolved or that the earth is old enough for us to evolve from little things.

More proof than anyone could require for evolution is on MageGrayWolf's profile. As for age of the Earth, I'd suggest you start here.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 12:52pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

http://armorgames.com/community

just like 7000000000 is a rough estimate.

Seven billion is a rough estimate of what, exactly?

And I'm pretty sure that last week my biology teacher said that we started as bacteria, the fish, birds, apes etc.

Life would have started as self-replicating amino acids which became more complex through repeated instances. Simplified, think of it like a copy machine. If you take a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, millions or billions of times over, it changes. That's what evolution is, organically.

Bacteria are single-celled lifeforms. Multicellular lifeforms came later.

Wikipedia is good for learning basic information.

Also, you want proof for my theories, then give me proof that we evolved or that the earth is old enough for us to evolve from little things

Read the links on his bio.

God made the planet, it didn't form into a round globe after an explosion.

1) Why would God make the entire universe, if all he wanted was to make this one bitsy planet and sun? There are TRILLIONS more stars in the universe which are so far away we can never reach them in a million lifetimes. Further, according to your beliefs, we were never even meant to leave the earth. What was the point of all that?
2) The Big Bang is a bit of a misnomer. It was an expansion, not an explosion. Formation of our solar system did not take place until billions of years after this event, and the earth did not form until a few billion after our sun.

That's retarded. You're all faithless, ignorant losers.

I always love the blatant hypocrisy in how Christianity and Islam are supposed to teach love and acceptance and forgiveness.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 1:07pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,485 posts

That's retarded. You're all faithless, ignorant losers.

I think you're in violation of 1 Peter 3:15. Tsk tsk.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 1:27pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,297 posts

Knight

No Kasic, 8000 is a rough estimate, just like 7000000000 is a rough estimate. And I'm pretty sure that last week my biology teacher said that we started as bacteria, the fish, birds, apes etc. Also, you want proof for my theories, then give me proof that we evolved or that the earth is old enough for us to evolve from little things. God made the planet, it didn't form into a round globe after an explosion. That's retarded. You're all faithless, ignorant losers.

Faith is to believe in something without evidence.

If you believe in something without evidence, and if you believe evolution is wrong because you have "faith" in creationism, there is literally nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

To say, "I have faith in God, therefore evolution is wrong," then you are admitting that there is NOTHING that will change your mind.

Don't say, "show me proof", as if the evidence doesn't exist. The evidence DOES exist, you just won't recognize it as such due to your blind faith in God.

There was a time when I believed casual worship wasn't harmful, you can ask MageGrayWolf that (wow, have we really been around for that long?). But it's people who came to this site denouncing science on the whim of their faith that proved otherwise.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 2:45pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Dude, Kasic, why do u hate me so much. I'm here giving my opinion. All of your responses are against me

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 3:41pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,297 posts

Knight

Dude, Kasic, why do u hate me so much. I'm here giving my opinion. All of your responses are against me

Telling someone they're wrong is not hate.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned. More importantly, We're not talking a subjective opinion, we're talking about an objective statement.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 4:05pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Okay, those aren't facts. If you give me solid proof, I'll believe. I believe what my teachers tell me.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 4:21pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

Dude, Kasic, why do u hate me so much.

I don't hate you. I'll be brutally honest and say that I believe a great many of your views are horribly bigoted and disgusting and illogical, but I don't have anything against you personally. We're here discussing ideas and ideas are subject to inquiry.

I'm here giving my opinion.

Go to the Tavern then. The WEPR is for serious discussions and debates. If you want to tell everyone your're a Christian and not have your reasons questioned, this is not the place to be.

Likewise, you're just as free to question why I'm an atheist. Or any of the views I've said. This is a discussion, not sharing-time.

All of your responses are against me

Because I believe your views to be wrong. However, I have mostly only been questioning your reasons, which you still have not given other than you being Catholic and believing the bible to be the literal truth. Which is akin to saying, "I like pie," when asked why you think a white/brown flour mixed crust with butter and raspberry filling is the best type of pie.

If you give me solid proof, I'll believe.

Fossils, Retroviruses, Ring Species, Dating, Bacterial adaptation to antibiotics. Pick any of those and I'll go into detail about how they prove evolution occurred and is still occurring.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 6:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,890 posts

If you give me solid proof, I'll believe.

...they have

I believe what my teachers tell me.

That's quite the appeal to authority you have there

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 6:30pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,440 posts

Knight

Saying we are faithless ignorant losers isn't exactly nice either.

Anyway, if you like to read, you could have a look at this:

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution

If you have questions to any of the points mentioned in the link, and don't want to do your own google research, ask here and we'll give more details if possible. Don't be shy to ask, we'll be happy to answer.

Reply to Evolution

You must be logged in to post a reply!