ForumsGamesArcuz 2.- ''Elf Poem''

5 7165
Arcuzero
Arcuzero
1 posts
Nomad

Hello, someone knows how to do the quest The Elf Poem, in Acruz 2, please help me, I don't know how to do this quest!
Thanks (y)

• 5 Replies
jimbrown257
jimbrown257
25 posts
Blacksmith

You have to combine three small Earth (brown) gems with one of the purple ones. However, there is a bug that keeps it working on all the sites on which Arcuz 2 is hosted besides for Gamesting.

There are a very few people who have allegedly been able to complete the quest on other sites like Armor Games but almost every single person who has played it on any site but Gamesting can not do it.

Basically, if you want to complete the Elf Poem quest, you will either have to start a new game or figure out how to moved your saved data to that site. I'm not sure how you do that but there is supposedly a way. The good news is that the Elf Poem quest is not necessary in the game but if you want to get that achievement you will have to restart or move the saved data.

farozo
farozo
9 posts
Nomad

woow,,i m still in quest Fight Beholder,,,

Ceol
Ceol
3 posts
Chancellor

Ok, I looked at the game's code, and I've figured out why it doesn't work.
In pseudocode terms:

let a = slot 1 crystal
let b = slot 2 crystal
let c = slot 3 crystal // So far so good.
let cAttA = attributes of a
let cAttB = attributes of a // Uh, oh!
let cAttC = attributes of a
// This part of the conditional passes:
if cAttA.element is not wind and cAttB.element is not wind and cAttC.element is not wind and
// Here's where it fails:
if cAttA is not cAttB and cAttB is not cAttC and cAttC is not cAttA
then succeed

Unfortunately, since cAttA, B, and C are all equal, the condition fails.

There, wonder no more, this is conclusive evidence that it doesn't work on Armor Games.

But worry not! There's always Cheat Engine and Actionscript instruction opcode memory alteration, if you're so inclined! The easiest method I can think of is to change the "and" to an "or". Then you can kind of cheese the condition so long as you have three non-wind crystals and a blessing stone.

Happy Hacking!

P.S. I'm pretty sure that what the programmers wanted was fire, earth, water (any size) and a blessing stone.
Ceol
Ceol
3 posts
Chancellor

Update: Ok, so that idea didn't work. I forgot how logical and's compile.
To "fix" the game, you want to get Cheat Engine and replace the following hex-strings:
18 08 43 52 87 01 00 13 17 96 0c with
14 08 43 52 87 01 00 13 17 96 0c (This fixes the second crystal.)
and
18 08 43 52 87 01 00 12 17 96 0C with
15 08 43 52 87 01 00 12 17 96 0C (This fixes the third crystal.)
I have confirmed that this works.

Arcuz2IsAwesome
Arcuz2IsAwesome
1 posts
Nomad

it works... you have to use an earth, a fire and a water instead of 3 earths you fools :P

Showing 1-5 of 5