ForumsForum GamesBattleground: Space

52 8073
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

It is the year 2280, earth made contact with many different alien species making the desolate space of past into a habitat crawling with different species. But all is not well, many different wars were caused by the xenophobia of the humans, but one of the largest, was started by a small mishap. The Midors, a race of tall, slender, reddish skinned aliens tried to start trade relations with earth, having already sent out a small fleet of trade ships to the various colonies on Mars, The Moon, and of course, Earth, they tried to get trading rights with the Humans, but they vehemently refused every time, so the Midorian hierarchy sent word for all the ships to return to the home world, although a small group of three cargo ships didn't get the message, passing through thick cloud of gasses making their communications arrays unable to send or receive messages.

The ships neared the Mars colony, and attempted to radio in, only receiving silence from the humans. Then their orbital defensive guns opened up, ripping the near defenseless cargo ships to pieces, within the month, the Midorian hierarchy got word of the slaughter and quickly mobilized it's armies, and sending word to their cousin race, the Labha, a human sized race of brutish, grey skinned, fiends, comparable to the Human demons, with small set of horns, usually hidden by their hair, and lizard like eyes, broad shoulders and aggressive demeanor. Vassals to the Midors they fight as heavy infantry and shock troops, though can only use the simpler vehicles of the Midorian armored corps, they are still a force to be reckoned with.

After a decade of war, the humans, so desperate for new troopers, have opened up recruitment for the Qul, a slave race to the humans, slightly shorter than humans, they have pale white skin, and have to wear gasmasks to filter out certain gasses found in earth air, as even the small amounts in the air, can be very toxic to them. By now the humans have gone on the offensive, and taken two large colonies of the Midors, and are preparing to go on the defensive, building large defensive structures, and sending a constant stream troops.

Races:
Fandor-Midor Unified Nation
---------------------------
Midor: Their space tech is by far the best in terms of weapons, all their ships are bristling with guns, and their ship armor isn't bad either. But boarding is almost nonexistent, But htey have good radar on the ships, but the amount of weapons don't allow much speed and agility, though it is fair. Live to 250

Labha:
Barely have any armor on the ships, like they were held together by super glue and duct tape and the weapons are fair, but almost undefeated in boarding with their awe inspiring melee weapons their "radar" consists of multiple view ports but the ships are very agile, though not quick. Live to 150.

Human Faction
-------------
Human: Great ships, with strong armor and fair weapons and below average at boarding Good radar, but lacking in both speed and agility.

Qul: Super advanced armor on the ships building off of human tech with fair weapons and no boarders Similar to Humans, but have the same "radar" as the Labha and moderately speedy ships, almost no agility.
Live to 40.

Mercenaries
-----------
Malkien: Mercenaries, fight for any side that pays, they are foot taller than the average human, pale purple-blue complexion, with long prehensile tails with cat-like eyes. All around average. Live to 120.

Name:
Race:
Side: Human faction or Fandor-Labha unified nation
Physical Desc.: at least 3
Trait: from above
Bio: At least 5 sentences, optional
Perk: from above
-------------
Ship Name:
Ship: i put
Weapons: i put
Armor: i put
Boarders: You
Misc.: I put (mostly will be boarder equipment)
-------------
Ship Health: 100/100
Ship Armor: I put
Condition: I put

• 52 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

**BUMP**

:/ i noticed a few errors in the sheet that i will just fix when someone signs up

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

**BUMP** I guess no one is interested, or TL;DR?

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Name: Talow
Race: Human
Side: Mercenary
Physical Desc.: Scar on cheek, black hair, skinny.
Bio: I basically got sick of not knowing why the war was going on, stole a ship, and started flying looking for answers. of course that got me branded as a traitor for stealing technology but I never actively joined a firefight, preferring to keep to the shadows and try to peacefully resolve conflicts. this happened 5 years ago and I still have no idea why this war is happening, and I want answers. I am perfectly willing to work with both sides, but I won't engage in killing unless it's in self-defense.
-------------
Ship Name: Eternal Midnight
-------------

Don't know if the bio would work or not.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Trait:Small fit: you are better at getting through tight ship corridors,thus a better boarder
Bio: I basically got sick of not knowing why the war was going on, stole a ship, and started flying looking for answers. of course that got me branded as a traitor for stealing technology but I never actively joined a firefight, preferring to keep to the shadows and try to peacefully resolve conflicts. this happened 5 years ago and I still have no idea why this war is happening, and I want answers. I am perfectly willing to work with both sides, but I won't engage in killing unless it's in self-defense.
Perk: Defensive, you are better at point defense (i.e. fighting off small fighters and slow torpedoes)
-------------
Ship: Centari Class patrol Craft (a small one seater ship, 100 feet long and 50 wide, yet most of it is used for computer systems, leaving enough space for a small bed and cooking area, and the pilots consoles.)
Weapons:two forward torpedo tubes and swivel mounted light laser cannon atop, one aft torpedo tube
Armor: Light Composite
Misc.: Type 2200 light laser pistol
-------------
Ship Armor: 100/100
Condition: Systems OK

not quite sure how you'll manage the whole not killing, but hell, why not

also, how does the sheet look?

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Trait:Small fit: you are better at getting through tight ship corridors,thus a better boarder
Perk: Defensive, you are better at point defense (i.e. fighting off small fighters and slow torpedoes)
-------------
Ship: Centari Class patrol Craft (a small one seater ship, 100 feet long and 50 wide, yet most of it is used for computer systems, leaving enough space for a small bed and cooking area, and the pilots consoles.)
Weapons:two forward torpedo tubes and swivel mounted light laser cannon atop, one aft torpedo tube
-------------

Fine. and there are various ways to handle not killing if you have the element of surprise, though disarming would probably be the best.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-------------
-------------

alright, you are traveling at high speed, asleep with autopilot doing it's job, when you wake up to a blaring alarm.

The computerized female "Dumb" AI states "Captain Talow, it appears we have Unknown contacts a few million kilometers away, Unknown classification. If i were to pander a guess i'd say a couple brigands in 'Junker' ships."

her image comes up onto a small pad near the bed. She is a Victorian era female, wearing a long puffy dress. As with all AI they take up an appearance that suits their personality, be it a simple human in nondescript clothing like the Class I dumb AI, to the complex and and flowing personality of the types that control battle fleets and advise High Admirals

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

this is my first RPG so I might mess this up but here it is;

Name: Gom
Race: Midor
Side: Fandor-Labha unified nation
Physical Desc.: Muscular, purpler markings on face and body, orange hair
Bio: I am a devoted member of my faction and will support my corps to the end. I am a master of various melee weapons, particularly my scythe which I forged myself. However, it was lost when my ship was invaded by humans. I was taken prisoner and held for 17 years before I escaped and destroyed the encampment where I was being held.
-------------
Ship Name: Emerald Sword
-------------

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Side: Midor-Labha unified nation
Trait: Muscles: You are better with melee weapons, for a Midor that is
Bio: I am a devoted member of my faction and will support my corps to the end. I am a master of various melee weapons, particularly my scythe which I forged myself. However, it was lost when my ship was invaded by humans. I was taken prisoner and held for 17 years before I escaped and destroyed the encampment where I was being held.
Perk You found your Scythe in a salvage mission after a battle
-------------
Ship:Wanderer Class Patrol Cruiser (80 foot long and 60 wide, 30 of it for the wings, a leftover from the days of old winged ships )
Weapons: 4 Torpedo tubes forward and 3 aft, and 3 plasma cannons, firing slow balls of plasma mounted forward.
Armor:Heavy Titanium
Misc.:1 "Baby class" light laser pistol, Personal Scythe
-------------
Ship Armor: 60/60
Condition:Systems OK

How does this look?

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-------------
-------------

"Are they trying to contact us or head towards us?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-------------
-------------

"Judging from wast brigands and highwaymen do, i do believe we are either going to be boarded, or attacked."

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-------------
-------------

"Right. set a course for trying to get away from them, I'd rather not have a fight"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Flag

-------------
-------------

with the speed that ships can go, a few kilometers miles isn't actually particularly far

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

-------------
Ship:Wanderer Class Patrol Cruiser (80 foot long and 60 wide, 30 of it for the wings, a leftover from the days of old winged ships )
Weapons: 4 Torpedo tubes forward and 3 aft, and 3 plasma cannons, firing slow balls of plasma mounted forward.
-------------

Yay I found my Scythe! this looks excellent and I am well prepared for my business.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-------------
-------------

Ok then

You are walking down a long walkway on a hangar, it's completely sealed as the air is, while not toxic, is unsuitable, being mostly argon and water vapor, it is a very average 85 F outside, but it's environmentally controlled inside. you pass down a long line of light and heavy fighters, you soon come upon your ship, Emerald Sword stenciled on the side. You hear a whining alarm sound and the base's lights grow red, a strong male voice, the Labha commander, comes over the speakers: "We have a wing of Malkien patrol ships in the high atmosphere, they've passed the No Mans Zone, Ship numbers 20-01 through 20-09 scramble immediately."

You look at the number stenciled on the wing, it's 20-04

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

-------------
-------------

I rush to my ship and ready it for flight. seeing that there are no other ranking Captains taking flight, I assume command of the small unit guided by the Labha commander's orders and prepare for whatever may come.

Showing 1-15 of 52