Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted May 8, '13 at 10:46pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

@Kyle: (Your positive view of the GC is influenced by you being a Wiccan. Very nice. Go ahead and join them. While I did originally create them as an evil "Destroy all humans to protect the environment" GREENPEACE TO THE MAXXXX group, there could always be a schism...)

@Rick, and everybody: Since this is no longer Matt's game, I suggest that I create a new forum game thread titled: The Two Castles: Epic's Edition. Everyone will start with the same levels, abilities, and equipment, HOWEVER you have a chance to switch classes (and recieve appropriate equipment for your new class), and/or join the GC. I know kyle's in. Anyone else realllly love trees and nature? How bout trying the new Martial Artist class while you're at it?

Posted May 8, '13 at 10:52pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

How bout trying the new Martial Artist class while you're at it?

...Not sure if Dead Island reference or not...

Posted May 8, '13 at 10:58pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Hey, Hey, Hey! I was just making a Dynasty Warriors reference! I never said anything about joining them! While their ideology does kinda match up with my ideology, I like not being completely scorned by everyone! Of course, I could make the schism more accepted by the Kingdom/Anarchy if it happens...

Posted May 9, '13 at 12:13am

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

No, but I'd like to go kingdom.

Posted May 9, '13 at 7:07pm

sonic20

sonic20

300 posts

-AutoBattle feature added! Want to breeze through a battle in one turn? Just opt for AutoBattle, and i'll calculate the result based on your levels and equipment vs. the enemy's level and equipment.

Takes the fun out of fighting them in the first place.

-SUPER IN-DEPTH COMBAT! THREE KINDS OF ATTACKS AND DEFENCE! OH YES! More later.

Only three kinds?... Earlier I could do anything I could ever want to this red bear.

Posted May 10, '13 at 1:39am

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

@Rick: What's Dead Island?
@Kyle: Just makin' sure we're on the same page here, the schism is within the GC between those who care about humans and those who want to kill all humans to save the environment. The Kingdom and Anarchy would still mistrust you, though.
@Shadow: Right! Switched sides.
@Sonic: It's optional if you want to get more stuff in and don't want to waste half your time fighting.

*A note on SUPER IN-DEPTH COMBAT*
Let me explain. You're free to try whatever kind of attack you want; there are three TYPES of attacks, based on how that attack distributes its force: Slash, stab, and shoves.
Slashes are your simple sword swings, making a line across the enemy.
Stabs are puncture attacks that go through the enemy. *This includes shooting arrows!*
Shoves are a wider, diffused attack that has a lot of force behind them. Being smashed by a hammer or flipped onto the ground is technically a shove.

To compliment this, there's three kinds of defense; Light, Medium, and Heavy.
Light defense is super-flexible bullet-dodging techniques that work great against stabs, average against shoves, and terrible against slashes.
Medium defense involves twisting an attack to your advantage, like a sword-grab. This is great against Slashes, average against Stabs, and terrible against shoves.
Heavy defense involves just tanking those hits! It works surprisingly well against Shoves, average against Slashes, and terrible against Stabs.

The key to fighting is exploiting what kind of defense your opponent has and using the effective attack type. Say you're fighting a ninja. His defense style is Medium, so you wouldn't try to attack him with a sword slash. Instead, bring out the sledgehammer and SMAAAAAAAAASH.

This is just physical attacks by the way! There's a different set of rules entirely for Magic. Elemental resistances and weaknesses, for example.

I'm almost done getting the preparations ready. Should be done tommorow or Saturday. Message my profile with any questions you have.

Posted May 10, '13 at 6:07pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

I think I'll stick to the Kingdom, although I'll only attack Green Cross members if they attack me.

Posted May 10, '13 at 9:07pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

*Slump* Today I participated in the Envirothon; an environmental awareness competition. It was fun; got 3rd place out of 12 teams! I also got a great T-shirt. However, that totally drained me for today. The first post will be up first thing tommorow. G'night.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:24am

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Terrible news everyone; I got a job. One of the places I applied to accepted me. With this new pressure, I won't be able to GM this game. Just getting everything ready for the first post took days! I'm sorry, but a job is more important than a time-draining game. I didn't even get to start...*sigh* I hope you understand. Let's let this game go to rest.

Posted May 11, '13 at 12:05pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

Right then. Rest in peace: This game.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!