ForumsNews and FeedbackUpgrade to Navigation (suggestion)

2 3353
lindzasaurusrex
lindzasaurusrex
9 posts
Shepherd

First I just want to say I LOVE ArmorGames, it's my main game site. And though I'm not exactly active in the forums I'd like to say that we really need an upgrade when it comes to searching, sorting, and general navigation.

Now if some of this is already a reality or in the works please let me know, but here goes:

- A category specifically for games with quests. Or alternatively a subcategory within each genre for games with quests. For example: Go into Arcade and then have there be link for Arcade games with Quests.

- A way to sort out MMOs from the other categories. That way you don't spot a game that sounds awesome only to find that it's an MMO. This has happened to me a number of times in the past.

- A way to search through game developers. I like jmtb02/John's games but in order to reach his games you have to search a known game of his then reach his games list from there.

- A search feature for the forums. For example just now I was trying to figure out what the heck a Merit is (^.^ so I checked the forums. I couldn't find a thing about it.

Anyhow, those are my suggestions. The end.

• 2 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

- A category specifically for games with quests. Or alternatively a subcategory within each genre for games with quests. For example: Go into Arcade and then have there be link for Arcade games with Quests.

I agree with here. I even started a thread about it lol.
New Game Category

- A way to sort out MMOs from the other categories. That way you don't spot a game that sounds awesome only to find that it's an MMO. This has happened to me a number of times in the past.

MMO's already have their own category. Also, you can tell a game is an MMO before clicking on it because it will not have a rating.

- A way to search through game developers. I like jmtb02/John's games but in order to reach his games you have to search a known game of his then reach his games list from there.

You could manually type in the url http://armorgames.com/author/[author's name] (where it says [author's name] you put the author you want to see the games of) or go to Google and do a search that look's like this:
author's name site//armorgames.com/author

This will search only the author section of Armorgames and then you can type in an author you want in the place of author's name.

Although, a dedicated browse by author would be nice.

- A search feature for the forums. For example just now I was trying to figure out what the heck a Merit is (^.^ so I checked the forums. I couldn't find a thing about it.

Again, Google.

Your search term site:armorgames.com/community

This will search only the community (which includes all the forums and forum subsections.)

You can broaden the search by doing just:

Your search term site:armorgames.com

Or narrow it to something like

Your search term site//armorgames.com/community/forum/52/news-feedback-and-suggestions/

You can even search just the users

Your search term site//armorgames.com/user/

You can put any legitimate link into the search and look for something.
lindzasaurusrex
lindzasaurusrex
9 posts
Shepherd

Thank you so much! You're incredibly helpful.

Showing 1-2 of 2