ForumsThe TavernWhat was the stupidest thing you used to believe as a kid?

89 19700
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

This conversation always comes up some time and mostly I find people have hilarious answers.

i personally used to believe that the ice cream van played really sad music because they were out of ice cream. I always wondered why I never saw them when the music wasn't playing...

So, what was the stupidest thing you used to believe. Don't be shy, only the internet will know.

• 89 Replies
MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

That's amazing megalpod.

So was this ad, which your statement reminded me of. It was apparently banned in some places, for reasons beyond my comprehension, but it was aired where I lived when it came out, so I'm posting it here.

EPIC COINCIDENCE IS EPIC.

AG should make a horse armatar.
Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

I used to think Santa Claus was a good old man which distributed gifts for all good children in the world. Guess I was wrong, he is just a capitalist pig trying to eat all of our cookies.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I used to think that when women gave birth the baby came out of their belly button. My mum let me believe that ridiculous idea for far too long, though she could never explain to me why men had belly buttons too.

Did anyone else get told that if you swallow chewing gum it will ball up in your stomach and stay there forever? I used to have a panic attack every time I accidentally swallowed it thinking my stomach would grow massive from too much gum stuck in it!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I used to believe that the Starwars episodes 4, 5, and 6, were actually 1,2, and 3. But then I figured out how to read Roman Numerals and found out that it was actually 4, 5, and 6. Then as I got older I found out that my first fact, was true.

I used to think that when women gave birth the baby came out of their belly button. My mum let me believe that ridiculous idea for far too long, though she could never explain to me why men had belly buttons too.

I'm loving these birth things.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Did anyone else get told that if you swallow chewing gum it will ball up in your stomach and stay there forever? I used to have a panic attack every time I accidentally swallowed it thinking my stomach would grow massive from too much gum stuck in it!

No..but I was told that it took 7 years to digest. Wouldn't say it was a stupid thing I believed...but not a smart one haha
yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

I'm sure that everyone was told this at one time or another:
if you swallowed a seed, a plant would grow inside your belly. freaked me out when I drank fresh squeezed orange juice.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I didn't think babies would fit through the belly button, so I thought that a doctor put sticky velcro on the mothers stomach and then the doctor would just open the velcro, pull the baby out and then just pull the velcro off.
Jesty
Jesty
103 posts
Nomad

Don't talk to strangers because they gonna eat you. haha!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I thought that there were secret tiny rooms behind some walls.

I also thought that if you got eaten by an animal whole, you get to control it from the inside.

Another thing was that we are all already dead and are just watching a recording of our entire life.

S_man98
S_man98
221 posts
Shepherd

I thought Chaotic was going to be as sucessful of a TCG as pokemon, and magic. It died after 4 years (btw I'm the biggest contributor on the Chaotic Wikia, the owner does not count).

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I used to think mustaches were just really long nose hairs.
I used to think bad dreams were bugs that crawl in your ear while you sleep.
I used to think that when you wanted to listen you music, a signal was sent to the band telling them to start playing. So all CDs and radio were live. When you wanted to pause, skip or fast forward, the band responded to the messages they got. Shut up, it made sense.
I used to think that once people kiss, the girl become pregnant
I used to think that Pang was a girl, and I still do.
I used to think that there were no girls on the Internet until I met Pang
I used to think that the radio thing applied to tv and movies too
I used to think that some of my family were vampires.
I used to think that if I ran as fast as I could, people would just see a blur
I used to think that if I believed, I could fly. That's a story for another thread...
I used to think that my pets had a secret entrance to my house.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

pets do have a secret entrance.

also I remembered one: I used to think that mustaches could be above or below the nose.

:/

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I used to think that Pang was a girl

I'll admit it. I thought the same thing for a while. Once I got over that, I thought he was gay. I don't really know where I got either notion from.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'll admit it. I thought the same thing for a while. Once I got over that, I thought he was gay. I don't really know where I got either notion from.

My loathing for you all is now in fruition
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

My loathing for you all is now in fruition

Blame your first picture in the Faces of AG and its Users thread. I'm pretty sure I first realized you weren't a girl when I saw that... though the second image of your likeness wasn't too accurate either. Don't blame me haha!
Showing 61-75 of 89