ForumsThe TavernWhy AG?

28 7388
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You are wandering around the Tavern. Suddenly, out of nowhere a thread catches your eye. You go to the thread wanting to know more.

So we all know that you like AG. But why did you choose AG? Why not another gaming site like Kong or NewGrounds? Please please do not just say because AG is better. We know that you believe AG is better or chances are you would not be on here. Is it the community that you love or maybe the games AG puts out? Whatever the reason just give one!

• 28 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

AG will let me pee on the carpet and they don't get mad.

It started when my friend recommended exit path. Then I got tired of the animal names, so I created my own. Thankfully this one was excepted, little me had nerdy alternatives. A few months later a found out about the forums and profiles and such. I hopped it the video games forum arguing about games and such. And I got lost and haven't found the way out yet.

stifler1111
stifler1111
7 posts
Nomad

now i know what AG is,.. tnx . useful thread to me =)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Daleks

*clap, clap* I like stories.

Anyways I came from to play Castaway 2. From somewhere else... MaxGames perhaps. But once I started to play I saw all of the extra items you could get by singing up. So I did. I never really went in the forums at all. No one really messaged me except for a few of my exit path friends... Then I stated to message people like Ernie and thats how I got here.

BTW, this is the first site I made an account on. I probably would've made one on miniclip or kong, but there wasn't anything to tell me to like Castaway

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I tried Kongregate. I left after a few days. I tried Newgrounds. I left after about 20 minutes. I tried AG.

I can't leave no matter how hard I try.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

All flash game forums are generally bad, AG is just a little better than the rest. One of the things I love here is you don't have people acting like posts = power.

The layout of the forums is also really awesome. I think the small ideas all added together is what really makes AG an entertaining place to be.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

One of the things I love here is you don't have people acting like posts = power.

To clarify..

People with high posts or people that have been around for a while don't act like that

People with low posts that are familiar with a majority of the community (sadly...most the people in Forum Games) think it does

This actually can be seen with Disco King. I respect him..not because of his posting habits..but because he expands (at least tries to) into other areas other than Forum Games. What saddens me is that users see his posts increasing rapidly (mostly due to Forum Games being the only active section of the Community) and act like he is a great Community..solely for the fact that he posts a lot. Not for the fact that he actually makes quality posts and all.

It reminds me of what happened with me..people noticed my post count claiming rapidly..and only a few actually took notice of the fact that I wasn't doing to for the posts or to spam
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The mods aren't overpowered nerds that received their promotions by loving the admins.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I can't leave no matter how hard I try.

Why would you anyway? I can understand wanting to restrict your time if you spend an unhealthy amount of time here, but not completely leaving. AG is such a fun place, I don't see a reason to leave.
Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

I prefer the simplicity of Armor Games than the AAA style of both NG and Kong. Also, the community here is better than the one in Newgrounds, where (almost) everybody acts like a retarded kid. Even with Armor being my favorite site, I prefer getting medals on NG or badges on Kongregate than quests here.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I always just find myself coming back to the Armorgames forums because the quality of the threads can't be found anywhere else.

Or maybe it's just nostalgia?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

You've already indulged yourself more than 20,000 sentences on one website.

That's 600 pages of text (MLA).

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

The community is nice and laid back, and the people here don't get worked up over sarcasm. The games are alright too.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I was actually ready to joing Kongregate at first. In fact I had already filled out the form but it after I pressed the button "register" a captcha text appeared and asked me to put in the letters. I tried again and again but no matter if the letters were right or wrong I couldn't get past this screen. So I got angry and since I was visiting AG much more I decided to visit the community. I found a thread I liked really really much, and joined to put in my "special" post violating some rules in the way...What? It was my first post!

Showing 16-28 of 28