ForumsWEPRDoomsday

35 16567
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

How do You think the world's gonna end? If it ever does I think the end times from the bible.

• 35 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

some scientists think that the earth could drift away since the gravity of the sun does not longer exist.

here is a nice simulator about what happens then.
(it seems as if the earth stops a bit further then mars. but that is just the timeline stopping (it keeps going))
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

another fun thing to see in that simulator:
the suns habitable zone will be past mars when the sun implodes, and destroy's earth. =P

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

i do not know anything that can survive the heat.

If it's only the heating, tardigrades and bacterias might survive; but without water, they won't exit their spore state, so not much difference. Though I thought that the sun would not only dry out all of earth, but actually engulf it when it grows.
Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

I think the world will end when God has it planned. There will be seven years of hell on Earth. I believe that we'll never make it to the space age. I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources before the end of the world, that's why I don't mind oil but also don't donate to companies or encourage companies trying to find alternate sources that are more reliable then the current alternate sources, however, I still don't litter and believe in rapid deforestation.

I agree that it will end the way God plans it to in The Bible.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I believe that we'll never make it to the space age

I'm sorry..before I go on..I need to take a moment before going on. I don't know whether to start busting out in hysteric laughter or do a facepalm so epic that I fracture my skull..

You do realize that we are in the middle of the Space Age now, correct? In fact, it started in 1957, with Sputnik

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources before the end of the world, that's why I don't mind oil but also don't donate to companies or encourage companies trying to find alternate sources that are more reliable then the current alternate sources, however, I still don't litter and believe in rapid deforestation.

You know..I really want to stay away from Ad Hominems, but it is extremely hard to do so when people say things like this
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

There will be seven years of hell on Earth.

Seven years of hell, three years of Fimbul winter... all mythologies end up the same way somehow. Usually with the most dreaded thing humans back then could imagine.

and believe in rapid deforestation.

You can believe in all apocalyptic things you want, but rapid deforestation is a fact. No need to believe in it.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources

I actually agree with this, to an extent. As some resource becomes increasingly harder to find, it will eventually reach a point where the economic expenditure required to get said resource is greater than the gains in obtaining the aforementioned resource.

So will we ever run out of oil? No; it'll just be too much of a pain in the arse to get.

rapid deforestation is a fact. No need to believe in it.

He is Hahiha; He speaks for the trees. XD
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

You do realize that we are in the middle of the Space Age now, correct? In fact, it started in 1957, with Sputnik

arn't we in the computer age now?
i would think that the space age starts when we start colonizing other &quotlanets" whit robots. (around 2020)
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

I also believe the Earth isn't going to run out of resources before the end of the world, that's why I don't mind oil but also don't donate to companies or encourage companies trying to find alternate sources that are more reliable then the current alternate sources, however, I still don't litter and believe in rapid deforestation.

you are right, the planet will never run out of oil. the problem is that we use the oil faster than it can be created so we need alternate resources if we want to use cars or we have to wait till there is new oil. you know how long it takes to get new oil, right? many millions/billions years, if i remember it right. no need to find new resources, even if we consume all the oil, we have just to wait some million years...should not be that long to refill the oil reserves of the planet earth, right? i mean, we can wait so long without any other resources, right?

end of sarcasm.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The end will come. It will be like the end of the bible, which can be translated into many ways. only God knows when, but St. Patrick said 7 years after Ireeland is completely covered in water.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

but St. Patrick said 7 years after Ireeland is completely covered in water.

Planning on sinking it so the end comes sooner?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

probably, its not a fact
btw, Palpatine, stop trollin on me

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Doomsday? Won't it be fallout 3? XD

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i think this video fits this topic very nicely ^^

wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events[/url]

... Any day now.

Showing 16-30 of 35