ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCould You sing in front of 100+ people?

24 11711
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

Could you handle the peer pressure whether you're a good singer or not?

• 24 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

No. I know this because I once tried when I was in Junior High, I've blacked out the experience totally but my parents won't match my gaze when I ask them I my performance was. I expect I froze up.

TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

lol I'd probaly do the same thing, though i Have done Karaoke.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I was in a musical performance that opened about a month ago, and I was only disappointed that I didn't get any solos. Each night, the 500-seat theater was sold out. I still had plenty of lines.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Singing...me.....nope. Unless I'm being purposely annoying, and the only songs I have the patience to memorize are the ones that either a) are really short and by Tobuscus, or b) not even in this language.
And I can't even talk in front of ten people. Singing, in front of a hundred?In your dreams.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

No. I have horrible stage freight. I am also just extremely awkward around people I have not bet before. If they were all friends it would still be bad but not as bad. I cannot sing well but I am not as bad as some people.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Already happened to me, but I did it in front of my class for a laugh and I did it in a fake high voice.

So not necessarily a hundred people for me but yeah I'll try it. Only if I'm allowed to sing "Santa Clause is Coming to Town," in a fake voice.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup sang for his 450+ school, solo a while back, then sang infront of about 350+ parents solo...musical.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I did a free style rap in front of the whole school at battle of the bands once. And followed it up with beatboxing.

Yeah, it was kind of weird.

Then again as a musician I've played in sold out concerts in the main auditorium of the Sydney Opera House (about 2600 seats), so 100+ is no biggie. Playing an instrument though, not singing, no. I don't think anybody would really want to hear that haha.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

is singing in front of many people like reading something in front of many people? if yes, then i have no problem. i get nervous but i won against my stagefright.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I participated in the National Speech Competition last year which is basically acting and singing. I didn't do too bad, but I haven't ever had a problem with stage freight. I'm fairly personable.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

If I could sing, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. I have no problem with being on stage, but my voice doesn't carry, which is for the best because it isn't all that pleasing to the ears to begin with.

rustygooga
rustygooga
21 posts
Peasant

once i soloed an entire song to my entire school (Year 1-Year 12) and i didnt feel very nevous. all my friends say i am an awesome singer, but when someone lets me down and say i sound horrible i feel horribly nervous and scared. So, really, it depends. If everyone is cheering me on and smiling i geuss i really do it, but when someone is really mean and gives a thumbs down while i do it, i dont think i could even get on stage!
Try and find me singing on the computer. it should be on youtube. not sure but i think its called: GABRIEL SINGING

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I could sing in front of 100 people, just not loud enough where they could hear me.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Empirically speaking, yes, I could.

People told me I have a beautiful voice, which is true enough. I know they meant that I was a poor performer though, as I was fairly to severely off beat.

Stage fright,, though, I can't say really bothers me. Sometimes I feel it, but then I just think of a snake.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I could. After all, one of my dreams in life is to be apart of a metal band so I will eventually (hopefully) sing in front of a crowd that big. I don't break under pressure easily so I think I could do it. I'd put my money on that.

Showing 1-15 of 24