ForumsThe TavernDo Us a Flavor(VS thread)

21 9257
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Lays has a contest on 3 flavors, and if one of the flavors gets the most votes, the other 2 flavors will cease to exist in Lays chips.

So I've decided to do a mini vote here in the Tavern. And remember this, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT THEM. Just give an opinion.

And with that said here are the 3 flavors.

Cheesy Garlic Bread:
http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2013/02/07/3/192/1922195/c61b054d71a33f97_Lay_s-Cheesy-Garlic-Bread-Chips.jpg

Chicken and Waffles:
http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2013/02/07/3/192/1922195/ca46e2197c5fb784_Lay_s-Chicken-and-Waffles-Chips.jpg

and Sriracha
http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2013/02/07/3/192/1922195/2384022bdaf21160_Lay_s-Sriracha-Chips.jpg

When the official Lays vote is finished, I'll announce the winner.

• 21 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

They all sound pretty horrible for chip flavors. If I needed to choose though I would go with the Cheesy Garlic Bread. Still sounds disgusting in chip form.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Chicken & Waffles sounds like it would be a pretty good flavor, although better in my tastes as a Ruffle. I don't know the flavor of Sriracha well enough to make a judgement call there, and I don't eat anything cheese-flavored, so even if Chicken & Waffles isn't as good as it sounds, I still have to vote for it by means of default.

+1 vote for Chicken & Waffles.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

uh... I dislike that commercial. I enjoy cheese, I enjoy Spicy foods.. I enjoy waffles... a lot lol. But I have to go with the spicy. That one just seems to make the most sense on a chip.
+ 1 Sriracha

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

+1 for chicken and waffles.

I am an ADVENTURER!!!!!!!!!!!

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

I would like to taste the cheesy garlic bread, so a +1 for that!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

But I have to go with the spicy.

The Sriracha is not spicy. Those ones aren't that great. (I've tried 'em already.)

The Chicken and Waffles is probably the better out of the three, but even they aren't that great. (Imagine taking a piece of chicken, smothering it in Aunt Jemima syrup, then cover it with potatoes.)

My vote goes for the chicken and waffles. +1
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Cheesy Garlic bread sounds good. Chicken and Waffles sounds like a horrible flavor for chips, and I've never even heard of sriracha before lays made it a flavor.

Cheesy Garlic bread it is. +1

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

To start..the Chicken and Waffles is just a downright horrible idea. I'm assuming the only reason it made it to the final 3 was for all the obese people in America. Anyways..it tastes like syrup

Sriracha was actually pretty good..but not spicy. Though I could definitely see it at BBQ's and all

Cheesy Garlic Bread, however, I think should win (not I think will win..it should win).

-It actually tastes like Cheesy Garlic Bread
-It isn't some silly or random flavor
-The bag colour is eye-catching in a positive way..it actually goes along with the food (blue for chicken and waffles has no correlation..and the red makes the other seem like it'd be hot)
-It has a very pleasant after-taste. The chicken and waffles actually makes you feel like you ate them..and not in a good way..in a "I'm fat =(" way..and the sriracha just lingers with you waiting for it to get spicy

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Omg. I haven't had any of them. I wouldn't try sriacha or whatever cuz that hot stuff is hot sauce.

But i'd choose cheesy garlic bread. That sounds good

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Anyways..it tastes like syrup

Is there any hint of chicken flavor at all in there?

I can't find any of these flavors anywhere. Where do you guys find them?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Is there any hint of chicken flavor at all in there?

My mom says she tasted the chicken flavor..but I (along with other people trying them) tasted only syrup..not chicken or waffles.

I can't find any of these flavors anywhere. Where do you guys find them?

Grocery Stores (target, walmart, etc)

Just remembered something..how does chicken and waffles even mix as a flavors?? They are 2 completely different foods..since when do they go together??
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Grocery Stores (target, walmart, etc)

There's no Walmart in my area, just a lot of Safeway stores. Even the biggest Safeway in the area didn't have any of these flavors. Looks like I'm gonna have to hit up Target soon.

how does chicken and waffles even mix as a flavors?? They are 2 completely different foods..since when do they go together??

It's soul food. The exact origins are unknown.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Chicken and waffles: 3

Sriracha: 1

Cheesy garlic bread: 5

By the way if you just happen to eat one and say that you really like Sriracha but you voted for Chicken and waffles. You can change it.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

They are sold out at EVERY store around here. (That is three Safeways, two Bashas, a Fry's, an Albertsons, two Super Walmarts, and one Target.)

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Up here in Canada, we only have classic, ketchup, and BBQ flavored Lays. I must really be missing out.

Cheesy garlic bread sounds pretty good so lets vote for that one.

Showing 1-15 of 21